Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

There's a decent chance he ends up there especially if they land Garland and Sittu which is looking likely.  That's why it's critical that we have a good year if we miss on Garland.  

Vanderbilt are picked 11th in the SEC. I presume there's no pressure for Drew to have a good year, since it's way more fun to be as pessimistic as possible for only IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They've essentially got 2 of them in the bag already.  Nashville is almost as close to New Albany as Bloomington.  Drew is a good coach as well.  Also, as I've said before Garland is alpha of these 2.  If they're a package deal it will likely be him calling the shots.  Much like the Oden/Conley recruitment. 
Boy you must be really connected
You've got the scoop. I guess it's game over for iu and garland.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They've essentially got 2 of them in the bag already.  Nashville is almost as close to New Albany as Bloomington.  Drew is a good coach as well.  Also, as I've said before Garland is alpha of these 2.  If they're a package deal it will likely be him calling the shots.  Much like the Oden/Conley recruitment. 

Lmao this is so wrong.

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

And which two are in the bag? I know who you’re referring to but I wanna make sure you know what you’re saying too

Did Shittu already sign with Vandy? Is Shittu in the bag like Garland to IU a few weeks ago?

They're not quite the same distance either. Nashville is more than 1/3 farther (~2 hours compared to ~3 hours one way).

I'm not saying Romeo is going to Vandy but if they get Garland they'll have as much chance as anyone.  And given that Romeo is reported to have Vandy in his top 3 doesn't that mean he thinks Garland is going there as well?  I guarantee you they wouldn't even be under consideration without Garland.

Garland is the alpha of these two?? Wow. I don’t think the Langford’s would let ANYONE dictate where their son goes to college. Garland and Shittu may end up at Vandy, but Romeo won’t. Write that down.

I'm not saying Romeo is going to Vandy but if they get Garland they'll have as much chance as anyone.  And given that Romeo is reported to have Vandy in his top 3 doesn't that mean he thinks Garland is going there as well?  I guarantee you they wouldn't even be under consideration without Garland.
I think your a closet vandy fan.

Garland is the alpha of these two?? Wow. I don’t think the Langford’s would let ANYONE dictate where their son goes to college. Garland and Shittu may end up at Vandy, but Romeo won’t. Write that down.

Zero chance romeo goes to vandy despite the pull of the alpha.

Totally disagree!! No one calls the shots for Romeo except the Langfords. If Garland chooses the school that is not on the top of Romeo's list, Romeo will not follow. Contrary to all of the talk, the package deal is only feasible if Garland chooses the school that Romeo wants to attend.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Everyone relax we got a good young coach and a hell of a sraff. Recruits will come and so will winning we should be most concerned with losing our coach to NBA after 1 or 2 banners. Just be patient

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

That I agree with 100%.  We're going to win a lot of games with Archie.  Missing on Donovan was a blessing in disguise. 

I thought they already had 2 in the bag though?

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

If Archie wins us a National Championship and wants to pursue the NBA, I would most definitely accept that and wish him well. However, he doesn't strike me as an NBA guy.

Agreed but neither did Stevens.  And Teflon John seems to have NBA written all over him yet he's still at UK.

Edited by dbmhoosier

Everyone relax we got a good young coach and a hell of a staff. Recruits will come and so will winning we should be most concerned with losing our coach to NBA after 1 or 2 banners. Just be patient

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

With some liberties...

Oh Hoosier fans, 5 star recruits will come.

They'll come to Indiana for reasons boilermakers can't even fathom. They'll arrive on campus not knowing for sure why it took so long to come. They'll walk into Assembly Hall as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around", you'll say, "It's Indiana".

They'll walk through Cook Hall with awe and wonder imagining themselves as the next Hoosier legend like Buckner, Calbert and Damon. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; and find a pair of candy striped warm-ups that fit perfectly. And as they look around they'll find they have their own lockers just waiting for them. And they will know this is where national champions, all-Americans and Hoosier legends used to sit.

And they'll imagine their first game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The vision will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. Oh 5 star recruits will come Hoosier Fans.

The one constant through all the years, Hoosier fans, has been Indiana Basketball. Oh sure the administration has not shared the same dream as us fans but finally that has changed! The dream, hope and glory of old IU is back Hoosier fans and recruits are noticing.

You see, Hoosier fans, Indiana Basketball is different. It is extraordinary and the fans have been waiting for a long time. This Hall, this game: it's a been such a large part of our past, Hoosier fans but now it is part of our present as well. It reminds us of all that once was good and that will be great again.

Oh...5 star recruits will come Hoosier fans. They will most definitely come.

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

With some liberties...

Oh Hoosier fans, 5 star recruits will come.

They'll come to Indiana for reasons boilermakers can't even fathom. They'll arrive on campus not knowing for sure why it took so long to come. They'll walk into Assembly Hall as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around", you'll say, "It's Indiana".

They'll walk through Cook Hall with awe and wonder imagining themselves as the next Hoosier legend like Buckner, Calbert and Damon. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; and find a pair of candy striped warm-ups that fit perfectly. And as they look around they'll find they have their own lockers just waiting for them. And they will know this is where national champions, all-Americans and Hoosier legends used to sit.

And they'll imagine their first game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The vision will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. Oh 5 star recruits will come Hoosier Fans.

The one constant through all the years, Hoosier fans, has been Indiana Basketball. Oh sure the administration has not shared the same dream as us fans but finally that has changed! The dream, hope and glory of old IU is back Hoosier fans and recruits are noticing.

You see, Hoosier fans, Indiana Basketball is different. It is extraordinary and the fans have been waiting for a long time. This Hall, this game: it's a been such a large part of our past, Hoosier fans but now it is part of our present as well. It reminds us of all that once was good and that will be great again.

Oh...5 star recruits will come Hoosier fans. They will most definitely come.

Great movie.  It's now on Netflix.