Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Around 3:00 this afternoon from Stu Jackson -  From IU spokesperson:  Romeo Langford (back) is still getting treatment and improving, but no determination on his status for Tuesday’s NIT quarterfinals matchup vs. Wichita State has been made.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sad ending here but I’ll support Romeo in the NBA. He’s a good kid. So much talent that ulterior motives were always in play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean?

Appreciate everything about Langford and what he has done here. If Hunter had been able to play and had been as good as advertised, I believe Romeo would have had a much better year. Sometimes things just don't work out the way one hopes they will.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean?

Multiple things. Adidas. Income potential. Star potential. NBA dreams.

The kid isn’t truly ready for the NBA but the Marketing genius that was Langford’s dad and I guess maybe Adidas make it virtually impossible to comeback in my opinion. The risk of his perceived impact in the NBA could be hurt unless he played much much better next year in College. There is no guarantee that happens so imo it’s sad that his hype star shined so bright that he won’t likely live up to it in college.

I hope he does in the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why would they. Gonna get a bunch of coach speak. No way Archie reveals if he’s playing or not. Forces WS to prepare for him

If I was WS I wouldn't spend 2 mins game-planning for Romeo. I don't think there is any chance he plays again for the Hoosiers. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Multiple things. Adidas. Income potential. Star potential. NBA dreams.

The kid isn’t truly ready for the NBA but the Marketing genius that was Langford’s dad and I guess maybe Adidas make it virtually impossible to comeback in my opinion. The risk of his perceived impact in the NBA could be hurt unless he played much much better next year in College. There is no guarantee that happens so imo it’s sad that his hype star shined so bright that he won’t likely live up to it in college.

I hope he does in the NBA.

How screwed up is it that the NBA would rather draft on potential than on demonstrated skills? A guy like Juwan is completely ignored by the NBA because......he's a known quantity. Whereas multiple kids that are an enticing blank canvas with "measurables" will get lottery money and  promptly be complete busts because they need a few years to develop. 

Romeo is an amazing talent that clearly needs another year or 2 to build his skill set. That shouldn't be punished, but that is how it is now. 

17 hours ago, cchuntsman said:

How the heck doesn’t a reporter ask?  Weird. 

Too many homers in the IUBB media. It's ridiculous that nobody asked about Romeo. Even if you don't think you'll get a good answer, you still ask the question. Bozich and the rest are so scared of losing their press passes that they won't take even a chance of upsetting the program.

11 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

How screwed up is it that the NBA would rather draft on potential than on demonstrated skills? A guy like Juwan is completely ignored by the NBA because......he's a known quantity. Whereas multiple kids that are an enticing blank canvas with "measurables" will get lottery money and  promptly be complete busts because they need a few years to develop. 

Romeo is an amazing talent that clearly needs another year or 2 to build his skill set. That shouldn't be punished, but that is how it is now. 

I don't think Juwan is ignored by the NBA because he's a known commodity. He's just a 6'7 post player who can't shoot all that well from outside or the free throw line. He's the kind of guy whose game is well-suited for college bball but not the NBA. 

Too many homers in the IUBB media. It's ridiculous that nobody asked about Romeo. Even if you don't think you'll get a good answer, you still ask the question. Bozich and the rest are so scared of losing their press passes that they won't take even a chance of upsetting the program.

I’ve told him he’s a pansy before for not asking hard questions and he just made excuses about how he has to stay professional.

I don't think Juwan is ignored by the NBA because he's a known commodity. He's just a 6'7 post player who can't shoot all that well from outside or the free throw line. He's the kind of guy whose game is well-suited for college bball but not the NBA. 

He would have to find the right situation in the NBA. As in playing for the Warriors.

18 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

IMG_0013.jpg gotta love a good Facebook rumor from a cable guy emoji23.png

Gotta love it lol. Rob and Romeo are always hanging out off the court. If there were two people that I'd think would be butting heads in the locker room, they'd be the last two I'd think of.