Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

It doesn’t matter if he’s ready or not. He’s about to make millions. It’s not a hard concept to understand

Not everyone is like that. We’ll see with Romeo. I’m not saying it’s likely. Not completely out of the question though

27 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Not criticizing you, and I know we’ll hear more rumors about this, but I’ll eat my shoe if Romeo returns. It simply isn’t happening 

This is not a very big gamble for you because I happen to know your shoes are made out of beef jerky.

Now, threaten to eat your sunglasses and we'll get serious.

Post-Game presser Archie said Romeo probably wouldn't play next game either, but he kept alluding to it being a quick turnaround with a game on Thursday. Appears the next game isn't until Saturday now... hopefully that gives the back time to feel better and this is truly an injury situation and nothing nefarious.

Romeo may get drafted on the hope that he develops. But no guard who can't shoot will play in the NBA. It's not going to happen. On one level I don't blame him for taking the money. Anybody watching yesterday's game can see he isn't ready to play in the NBA. But who wants to sit on the bench all season.

The Oklahoma City beg to differ. They love guards that aren’t shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 3/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, Honkyman said:

Romeo may get drafted on the hope that he develops. But no guard who can't shoot will play in the NBA. It's not going to happen. On one level I don't blame him for taking the money. Anybody watching yesterday's game can see he isn't ready to play in the NBA. But who wants to sit on the bench all season.

Big difference between sitting on a bench and getting paid millions to sit on a bench.

6 hours ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Post-Game presser Archie said Romeo probably wouldn't play next game either, but he kept alluding to it being a quick turnaround with a game on Thursday. Appears the next game isn't until Saturday now... hopefully that gives the back time to feel better and this is truly an injury situation and nothing nefarious.

I really hope Archie isn’t allowing him to sit because of the draft. I’d lose a lot of respect for him if that’s the case.

20 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

I really hope Archie isn’t allowing him to sit because of the draft. I’d lose a lot of respect for him if that’s the case.

That's a fine line, honestly...what does it say to future 5 star recruits if he does make him play, especially if he knows that player is gonna go pro. Maybe future recruits would pass on Indiana after seeing that. I'm not saying it would or wouldnt happen, but I could see both sides

34 minutes ago, BigJoe said:

He will not be sitting..He will be playing...in the G League..just like Noah and Bryant etc

If you're talking about Thomas, he's doing quite well with the Wizards. If fact, I'd venture to say he should be starting.

And Noah was starting for the Knicks, don't know if that's still true though.

45 minutes ago, wirenuts said:

That's a fine line, honestly...what does it say to future 5 star recruits if he does make him play, especially if he knows that player is gonna go pro. Maybe future recruits would pass on Indiana after seeing that. I'm not saying it would or wouldnt happen, but I could see both sides

I didn’t quite phrase that comment correctly. I didn’t mean to insinuate that he should make him play. I meant to insinuate that he shouldn’t be sitting with the team. And that’s the kind of message I would want Archie to send to future recruits. If you’re willing to put yourself before the team, Indiana isn’t the right fit for you. 

Maybe my views are old school, but my allegiance is to the university, not the program. And I want to watch players who are there to represent the university. To me, that’s more important than our record.

22 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This is not a very big gamble for you because I happen to know your shoes are made out of beef jerky.

Now, threaten to eat your sunglasses and we'll get serious.

They are also beef jerky.  If you want to get to something that isn't beef jerky, he's going to have to take off his beef jerky pants to get to it.

23 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Yes he went to the locker room for a spell, looks like the same lingering back issue he has dealt with in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was at the game at the Big Ten tourney and there was a definite moment before he went to the locker room where he was wincing and grabbing at his lower back on the way back downcourt on defense.

The St. Francis game he wasn't needed for (or at least there shouldn't be any reason to think we would need him) and for that reason if there was any lingering tweak he shouldn't have played.  If he doesn't play Saturday, I'm sure that conspiracy theorists will be afoot.  That doesn't mean there wrong, just there will be people that will be saying he isn't playing because he doesn't want to risk injury before entering the draft.

Romero deserves the benefit of the doubt. He had an injury and he's sitting out until he feels he is ready to play. Back injuries can be difficult to recover quickly from. I don't know why there is all this discussion. Who cares if some fan thinks he's faking it? Besides, without Romero we're getting a taste of next year's play and its not as bad as some thought it might be. Substitute Trayce Jackson-Davis for Juwan Morgan and you've basically got next year's team. (OK we'll also be without McRoberts and Fitzner who have both looked decent in the NIT).