Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

What?! That wasn’t real? I definitely thought Romeo was going to transfer, sit a year, develop, play as a redshirt sophomore, and then go to the draft. That makes so much more sense than being a lottery pick...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah Seriously Man that's whats gonna happen man, take it to the bank man! SMH!

49 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

In regards to the "Romeo" Topic that was just deleted, the author of the FanPost on SB Nation, literally joined the site right before posting that story and its the only post from that username; literal definition of a troll. I am just left dumbfounded to find a reason why people stoop to this level and what do they get for it? Its so stupid for people to post crap like that!

You know what's worse?  I got that article from a Yahoo! feed.    Yahoo had posted it as if it were real.  Explains a lot, honestly.

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

In regards to the "Romeo" Topic that was just deleted, the author of the FanPost on SB Nation, literally joined the site right before posting that story and its the only post from that username; literal definition of a troll. I am just left dumbfounded to find a reason why people stoop to this level and what do they get for it? Its so stupid for people to post crap like that!

What happened?

30 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What happened?

I saw this on a Yahoo! feed and posted it asking if I'd missed something today.  Article has been altered but not yet removed...picture is gone now.     https://sports.yahoo.com/m/84c11df4-e02a-3935-90e1-c5bbcf0d7efa/romeo-langford-to-transfer.html

I saw this on a Yahoo! feed and posted it asking if I'd missed something today.  Article has been altered but not yet removed...picture is gone now.     https://sports.yahoo.com/m/84c11df4-e02a-3935-90e1-c5bbcf0d7efa/romeo-langford-to-transfer.html

Yahoo sports still has it up bit crimson quarry took it down... odd

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

43 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

The fact that yahoo sports still has that up as a semi legitimate story cements my opinion that yahoo has become absolute garbage.

While this is a load of crap, I believe they have had the most objective coverage of the FBI scandal and trials....unlike the Mothership (ESPN) who is out to protect all of their sacred cows (Duke,UNC,UK,MSU in the BIG, Kansas).

I can't be convinced Romeo would publicly admit his heart isn't with the team.  His heart may very well not be (I hope it is, for the sake of what's left of the season), as he has aspirations and plans to play for millions elsewhere, but he has never struck me as a kid dumb enough (especially at this point in his career) to make himself look like a selfish whiner on a public platform for all eyes to read.  That would be a very poor professional move.

Garbage.

https://assemblycall.com/open-letter-to-romeo-langford/

Letter posted by our friends at Assembly Call

Classy. Should make fans thing before reacting emotionally to the ups-and-downs of a season (myself included).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Before I statemt thoughts, if Romeo isa lottery pick he needs to get the money. If not in the lottery hs should judge the drafting team over one more year college expereience, which is where my thoughts stand. But no matter what, good luck to you Romeo, no matter the options.

Romero may be a lottery pick. Most projections have him in the 8-12 range, although I've seen one mock draft that has him at 29. But I don't know how he can play guard in the NBA without an outside shot. Even if he is a lottery pick, he won't play in any meaningful way until he develops a reliable 3-point shot.

Romero may be a lottery pick. Most projections have him in the 8-12 range, although I've seen one mock draft that has him at 29. But I don't know how he can play guard in the NBA without an outside shot. Even if he is a lottery pick, he won't play in any meaningful way until he develops a reliable 3-point shot.

Projection? He is a lottery pick with ideal 2 guard size. Good handles. Decent length. Good athleticism. All in a weak draft. He will be a top ten pick easily. His 3 point has actually improved since mid January. He is gone.

Romeo may get drafted on the hope that he develops. But no guard who can't shoot will play in the NBA. It's not going to happen. On one level I don't blame him for taking the money. Anybody watching yesterday's game can see he isn't ready to play in the NBA. But who wants to sit on the bench all season.

Projection? He is a lottery pick with ideal 2 guard size. Good handles. Decent length. Good athleticism. All in a weak draft. He will be a top ten pick easily. His 3 point has actually improved since mid January. He is gone.

Honestly, I wouldn’t trade him with good handles. My choice would be average at best.

8 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Yeah, until that happens he will be riding the pine!