Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Not sure which site typically comes closest to what actually happens but NBADRAFT.NET has him 14th. Since he already has a “name” I think the last two weeks of the season and a tourney run could change (up or down) his potential place.  

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Not sure which site typically comes closest to what actually happens but NBADRAFT.NET has him 14th. Since he already has a “name” I think the last two weeks of the season and a tourney run could change (up or down) his potential place.  

Is that the one that had Moore in the first round?

He is not coming back. If I am wrong, I would be an EXTREMELY happy wrong. No one down here in New Albany has heard anything to the contrary, especially the rumors that Romeo told TJD and Brooks that he would be there to play with them. We'll see. Still have to get thru this season.

2 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

He is not coming back. If I am wrong, I would be an EXTREMELY happy wrong. No one down here in New Albany has heard anything to the contrary, especially the rumors that Romeo told TJD and Brooks that he would be there to play with them. We'll see. Still have to get thru this season.

I still think he comes back only if the feedback he gets is his 3 point shooting needs work before staying in the draft. 

Which if I am an NBA GM I am concerned that a SG isn’t hitting at least a quarter of them. 

Don't believe this will be an issue. They will take him on potential alone. They have shot doctors that would be able to help him with any areas of concern. The NBA is a job and teams would rather see someone with this type of potential develop with them rather than at the collegiate level. Someone will take him high in the draft. Still a top-10 pick.

17 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Thought I would bump this so we can stop discussing him in the Brooks thread. 

So what are everybodies thoughts on him returning. Saw somebody say they saw in 24th in a mock draft. Anybody know where that was

I was checking various draft boards today and most had him in the 7-14 range. I don't recall seeing any that had him as low as 24.

16 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Don't believe this will be an issue. They will take him on potential alone. They have shot doctors that would be able to help him with any areas of concern. The NBA is a job and teams would rather see someone with this type of potential develop with them rather than at the collegiate level. Someone will take him high in the draft. Still a top-10 pick.

I'm not sure his shot even needs all that much work. When he's on the move he squares himself pretty well, releases the ball at the right point with good rotation and arc, and usually has good elbow placement. He does occasionally drag his shooting arm in front of his face, but that's a common problem and an easy fix. Personally, I think his shooting woes are a combination of two factors: his wrist is a bigger issue than the team is letting on, and he's uncomfortable in catch-and-shoot situations. One requires time, one requires repetition.

It'll be interesting to see where he gets drafted. I don't watch the NBA until the playoffs start so I have no idea what each team needs. I do know there are at least 6, maybe 7, players that I expect to be drafted before Romeo. After that there are about 12 I could see going in any order. I said it on the other thread and i'll say it again here; I really think he'd raise his stock and go in the first 3 picks next year if he stayed. He'd have the time to work on his jumper and, hopefully, learn to assert himself. Romeo can take over in just about any game he plays, but he rarely does. I know we all love that he's humble but that needs to go when he's on the court. Scouts see a SG like him and can't deny the talent or the potential, but it's the attitude that catapults players to the top of the draft. They're looking for the franchise player that walks up in the clutch and says "give me the ball and get out of my way." Romeo isn't that guy yet.

My biggest concern would be his ball handling. Not sure if the wrap has anything to do with it,  but seems to be a little hesitant. Running iso's and p&r's, he'll need to tighten that up for the next level. Very easy fix though. 

I've got a New Year's Eve date in Times Square with Scarlett Johansson and next Friday, I'm gonna win the Mega Millions.

Nick Saban, needing a new challenge, is gonna resign from Alabama and take over at IU.

Kyle Schwarber's gonna hit .340 with 45 homers and 150 RBIs next year and win the MVP.

Romeo Langford's gonna stay at IU for two seasons. 

Hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming big ... 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I've got a New Year's Eve date in Times Square with Scarlett Johansson and next Friday, I'm gonna win the Mega Millions.

Nick Saban, needing a new challenge, is gonna resign from Alabama and take over at IU.

Kyle Schwarber's gonna hit .340 with 45 homers and 150 RBIs next year and win the MVP.

Romeo Langford's gonna stay at IU for two seasons. 

Hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming big ... 

These are my thoughts also. It’s good to think of what ifs, but no way does Romeo come back. When you recruit and land these top 5 star players, the only way you get over them going to the league is to recruit and sign more of the same. Romeo has a lot more to give in his one and only year at IU. I just hope he can start dominating games so we can have the best outcome for our team.

This has Romeo as the very last lottery pick. It also has Garland going 17th, which is interesting considering he's been out most of the season (although Michael Porter went 14th last year after missing just about all of his only college season). ... Oddly enough, I didn't see McRoberts' name on this list ... 

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

In regards to the "Romeo" Topic that was just deleted, the author of the FanPost on SB Nation, literally joined the site right before posting that story and its the only post from that username; literal definition of a troll. I am just left dumbfounded to find a reason why people stoop to this level and what do they get for it? Its so stupid for people to post crap like that!

In regards to the "Romeo" Topic that was just deleted, the author of the FanPost on SB Nation, literally joined the site right before posting that story and its the only post from that username; literal definition of a troll. I am just left dumbfounded to find a reason why people stoop to this level and what do they get for it? Its so stupid for people to post crap like that!

What?! That wasn’t real? I definitely thought Romeo was going to transfer, sit a year, develop, play as a redshirt sophomore, and then go to the draft. That makes so much more sense than being a lottery pick...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app