Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Sean Miller = Archie Miller’s brother. FBI Investigation = Jim Gatto, Adidas, and Rick Pitino all involved in recruiting Romeo. Adidas = the shoe company currently under investigation who had executives arrested.

Once again, I get why everyone wants to just brush this under the rug, and very likely it never turns into anything.

As for other schools involved, it’s just an indicator that a recruitment is dirty. Not saying we shouldn’t recruit players, just saying this concept that there’s no chance that the Langford’s played the game is ignorant, in my opinion.

And I don’t like that when Indiana finally lands a top 5 recruit again, it happens during these current events, and then a hit piece like this comes out. It’s disconcerting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Biological relation is not an NCAA violation. FBI Investigation = Jim Gatto and Indiana have never been mentioned in conjuction. Rick Pitino, I don't really need to say anything.

So tell me, who would you like to recruit? Because TJD is being recruited by MSU, who could be seen as dirty. Keion Brooks is being recruited by Kentucky, enough said, MSU (already mentioned), just offered by Texas (Mo Bamba). Trendon Watford is being recruited by a who's who of "dirty" southern programs (Memphis, LSU, Alabama) plus Kansas (also dirty as has been discussed ad nauseam in the original Romeo thread). I suppose DJ Carton doesn't play on a shoe circuit, so maybe he should be the one man class.

35 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Completely agree. As long as we aren’t paying them i’m cool with it. It’s nice to finally be on an even playing field, like it or not.

An even playing field is all I'm looking for. I don't want a leg up on schools. I don't want any kind of unfair advantage. I'm just tired of IU bringing a knife to a gun fight. 

Edited by Hoosierfan2017

An even playing field is all I'm looking for. I don't want a leg up on schools. I don't want any kind of unfair advantage. I'm just tired of IU bringing a knife to a gun fight. 

Well said here imo.

It’s all I’ve been hoping for. A fair fight.

Biological relation is not an NCAA violation. FBI Investigation = Jim Gatto and Indiana have never been mentioned in conjuction. Rick Pitino, I don't really need to say anything.
So tell me, who would you like to recruit? Because TJD is being recruited by MSU, who could be seen as dirty. Keion Brooks is being recruited by Kentucky, enough said, MSU (already mentioned), just offered by Texas (Mo Bamba). Trendon Watford is being recruited by a who's who of "dirty" southern programs (Memphis, LSU, Alabama) plus Kansas (also dirty as has been discussed ad nauseam in the original Romeo thread). I suppose DJ Carton doesn't play on a shoe circuit, so maybe he should be the one man class.

You quoted me, but it’s like you didn’t read it. I think we should recruit all those players listed. I also think it’s funny that our fanbase is so quick to dismiss any possibility of wrong doing in this situation with Adidas and Romeo’s father. Wouldn’t be the same reaction if he committed to Kansas. And based on all the information coming out, I’m very doubtful these AAU coach/recruit situations are all above ground. Feels naive to believe there isn’t a high likelihood of under the table extras.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You quoted me, but it’s like you didn’t read it. I think we should recruit all those players listed. I also think it’s funny that our fanbase is so quick to dismiss any possibility of wrong doing in this situation with Adidas and Romeo’s father. Wouldn’t be the same reaction if he committed to Kansas. And based on all the information coming out, I’m very doubtful these AAU coach/recruit situations are all above ground. Feels naive to believe there isn’t a high likelihood of under the table extras.

Why would we recruit those players though? Bad optics.

There was 0% chance something shady wouldn't come out or be said about this recruitment. We were in with some high level dirty schools and one potential in vandy but we won. If we did anything wrong i doubt it but it will be questioned no doubt

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Goodness.  This is nothing, it's not some sort of new revelation, it's been going on for years.  This is common practice. If you want Indiana to be relevant again then optics such as this may happen... BTW - AAU teams are sponsored by not only Adidas but other companies like Nike and Under Armour as well - enjoy the ride and this team...this is nothing new, it's been going on for years and it is legal

Edited by Hoosier987

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/05/16/rick-pitino-washington-post-records-innocence-romeo-langford/616933002/ 

I find this article revealing . If Pitino feels the way the system is run is unethical I agree. The way AAU sponsorship works isn't against the rules, but certainly unethical. But why point out Romeo if in the same article he says his family is honest and didn't want to break any rules. He said they did nothing wrong. The rules as the stand are certainly up for dispute. But he had no reason to bring up Romeo other than sour grapes. Unless he has proof something illegal happened. If he wants to talk about the system then he doesn't need to call out any player for using it for how it exist.

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

This is being blown way out of context. With that said...... it feels good to be playing in the big boy playground. 

This keeps being said and it seems like it's implying IU did something.

IU definitely benefitted from this arrangement (certainly not trying to play the Kansas "victim" card), but did IU actually do anything?