Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, iufaninillinois said:

I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't want anyone to think I'm getting onto the kid about this. I'm not, and it wasn't his decision anyway. I just wonder.......was there no one who has done work with youth groups (cue up Joe Pesci saying "These two YOUTS") who might have been deserving? No person who has given of their time for years in helping the young people of the area? No one along those lines? Just doesn't feel right.

I don't want anyone to think I'm getting onto the kid about this. I'm not, and it wasn't his decision anyway. I just wonder.......was there no one who has done work with youth groups (cue up Joe Pesci saying "These two YOUTS") who might have been deserving? No person who has given of their time for years in helping the young people of the area? No one along those lines? Just doesn't feel right.

I'm not an expert on Romeo but do know many teachers in the NAFC school corporation. I've heard numerous reports that Langford has worked with youth around the county. I'm not sure how much he's done but it is good knowing that he's a giving person. Romeo has a bright future and the New Albany community will always have an outstanding representative in Romeo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just to enlighten...New Albany, population about 35thousand. Besides golfer Fuzzy Zoeller, and Olympic swimmer Camille Wright there is very little the number of athletes that have brought attention to our community. Add in Edwin Hubble (former NAHS BB coach and Science teacher) of fame for being the namesake of the Hubble space telescope. Romeo was the first Mr. Basketball, 4X HS All-American, MaxPreps POY. U19 Team USA etc. That's just a few of his basketball accolades. As a young man and citizen of this city, he has went well and beyond as a fine representative and example to not only his peers but to all. Romeo not only developed his skill in the local gyms, but on the courys at Community Park. A place that I also spent many of my days playing ball. We are talking about a court at a local park, not a colosseum. He is most deserved of this honor and has brought great joy and a sense of pride to our city.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I ran many a race and played a lot of soccer at that park. Also fished in that lake and watched ducks trying to land in the lake while it was frozen over. Good times!

I ran many a race and played a lot of soccer at that park. Also fished in that lake and watched ducks trying to land in the lake while it was frozen over. Good times!

Yeah, that's where all the cross country meets and our soccer team practiced for many a year! Also caught lots of bluegill in that lake. Even remember swimming there on the fake sandy beach lol!

Good interview with Pat. Listened this morning. Alot of props to one of my classmates and one of the best players ever out of New Albany Richie Johnson. Some nice insights on Romeo and the differences in how things are done today than in Pat's heyday.

6 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Good interview with Pat. Listened this morning. Alot of props to one of my classmates and one of the best players ever out of New Albany Richie Johnson. Some nice insights on Romeo and the differences in how things are done today than in Pat's heyday.

Richie Johnson aka “The Godfather”!  Pat is always interesting to listen to. 

Richie Johnson aka “The Godfather”!  Pat is always interesting to listen to. 
We used to compare Richie to Magic lol. 6'8 and could bring the ball the court, shoot, length for miles. Funny though, the best player at New Albany wouldn't play for the school team. He was a year ahead of Richie. This kid would only play intramural and park ball. Had Alford range. No sh*t! Kids name was Paul Malone I believe. Smooth stroke, about 6'3 or so. Would have loved to see him on the court.

11 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

We used to compare Richie to Magic lol. 6'8 and could bring the ball the court, shoot, length for miles. Funny though, the best player at New Albany wouldn't play for the school team. He was a year ahead of Richie. This kid would only play intramural and park ball. Had Alford range. No sh*t! Kids name was Paul Malone I believe. Smooth stroke, about 6'3 or so. Would have loved to see him on the court.

1980? NA had 3 6'8ish guys didn't they?