Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Trae Young shot 36% from 3 last season. Only 32.6% during conference play. I think Romeo can do better than that next year. 

Well sure; his percentage is likely to be better.
And I have a reasonable belief that he can and will be a better all around player than Young.
But Young was on a mediocre team with little size, an awful defensive scheme, and no other player anywhere near as good as Juwan Morgan.
For the amount of scoring load that was put on Young, 36% from three is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well sure; his percentage is likely to be better.
And I have a reasonable belief that he can and will be a better all around player than Young.
But Young was on a mediocre team with little size, an awful defensive scheme, and no other player anywhere near as good as Juwan Morgan.
For the amount of scoring load that was put on Young, 36% from three is really good.

I didn't watch any of his games last year so I'll defer to you on that. The percentages are all I have to go by. Do you know what Romeo shot in high school?

55 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Trae Young shot 36% from 3 last season. Only 32.6% during conference play. I think Romeo can do better than that next year. 

Trae Young also had the greenest light I've ever seen a player at a high major school have. He took a lot of bad shots. I'd bet Romeo shoots around 47-36-70 next year. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I didn't watch any of his games last year so I'll defer to you on that. The percentages are all I have to go by. Do you know what Romeo shot in high school?

68% from 2, 36% from 3, 81%  at the line.

5 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

One thing about RL committing to IU was it put to rest the idiotic theory that he didn't announce before or during the season so he didn't have to hear boos from fans.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think we are going to remember that one for a long time.

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Romeo Langford is nowhere near as good a shooter as Trae Young.

I was impressed with Young this year, and Romeo is absolutely comparable to Young as a shooter. As a passer he isn't anywhere as good as Young, shooting wise they're very comparable. 

11 hours ago, cljones1979 said:

Seth Davis is a tool

8585CA8F-7A07-4C21-97C5-9EED9F0BFC87.jpeg

Note:  I didn't read the entire article because I'm not subscribing to do so...but, from what I read, here are my thoughts.

The problem with the article is the author is scolding the adults while it was Romeo's choice to celebrate with the fans in the manner which he did.  He has been actively (and very generously) engaged with the fans and the community throughout his senior season, and the fans came out to celebrate with him and to offer him support and congratulations.  No one knew with any certainty he would choose Indiana.  Many were New Albany fans, and they would have been watching on television or online had it not been done in the high school.  I think it's an absolute waste of time to write such an article...I hope by coming at an entire community with a vengeful motive helped soothe this poor author's disappointed heart.  And, if it didn't...well, then f..k 'em.

1 hour ago, ray said:

Note:  I didn't read the entire article because I'm not subscribing to do so...but, from what I read, here are my thoughts.

The problem with the article is the author is scolding the adults while it was Romeo's choice to celebrate with the fans in the manner which he did.  He has been actively (and very generously) engaged with the fans and the community throughout his senior season, and the fans came out to celebrate with him and to offer him support and congratulations.  No one knew with any certainty he would choose Indiana.  Many were New Albany fans, and they would have been watching on television or online had it not been done in the high school.  I think it's an absolute waste of time to write such an article...I hope by coming at an entire community with a vengeful motive helped soothe this poor author's disappointed heart.  And, if it didn't...well, then f..k 'em.

As with most of these pieces, it is written by someone armed with about half of the facts and very little background on the subject. Anyone who has actually followed this for the last year has nothing to learn from an article like this, except for how little you have to know about something to write about it.

Have to say it’s not like the Langford’s were seeking attention by dropping nuggets of information along the way, false or not.  He never said another uncomplimentary of any of the three schools and they were never secretive of the fact that they weren’t going to announce until the spring.