Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

7 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Ah OK. Rural teen gang in Oklahoma lol.  Now I gotta know what is the quote?

Basically in the novel there’s a rich side of town and a poor side of town and they have their own social circles. “That’s tuff” is just something the kids from the poor side of the town say. It means awesome or cool.

8 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Basically in the novel there’s a rich side of town and a poor side of town and they have their own social circles. “That’s tuff” is just something the kids from the poor side of the town say. It basically means awesome or cool.

It's cool that's a thing now again.  Thanks for the point of reference.

9 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Basically in the novel there’s a rich side of town and a poor side of town and they have their own social circles. “That’s tuff” is just something the kids from the poor side of the town say. It means awesome or cool.

But isn't TJD using it backward. He's from Center Grove which is the rich side of town. If he is going to say "That's tuff" shouldn't he be playing for Greenwood high school?

Saw a pretty good comment on my Facebook newsfeed from a Purdue fan. “Congrats IU, your almost as good as Purdue now.”  (And yes, he said “your”, that’s wasn’t me, lol)...but yeah, I don’t know why I can’t just laugh that stuff off knowing they’re full of it. We’ll be almost as good as them now, hmmm....Most Purdue fans just really get under my skin. 

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Honestly I didn't see anything wrong with Skip's tweet. It's very far down on the list of dumb things he's said. 

My issue with it is that it's completely false.

Indiana with Romeo is better than Vanderbilt with Romeo.  And very few people are talking about us contending for a national championship.

Obviously my statement is somewhat of an opinion, but I think it will become abundantly clear over the course of next year.

Yet another sportswriter weighing in:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/indiana-lands-romeo-langford-as-archie-miller-keeps-another-hoosier-state-hero-at-home/

In the previous five classes -- i.e., 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 -- there were 23 players from the state of Indiana who were either four-star or five-star prospects, according to 247 Sports. Trey Lyles was one. Caleb Swanigan was another. Jaren Jackson was another. And there were 20 more. But only one -- James Blackmon in the Class of 2014 -- signed with Indiana. Only one. Out of 23. Which is difficult to comprehend. But there are four players from the state of Indiana in the Class of 2018 whom 247 Sports lists as either four-star or five-star prospects -- none bigger than Langford. And Indiana secured commitments from three of the four, including Langford, much to the delight of those who wear candy-striped pants proudly and fill Assembly Hall annually.

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The Kansas board is royally pissed off at Tim Langford for saying he didn't want Romeo anywhere near the FBI investigation. I thought about posting that cheating has consequences, but after ruffling some of their feathers Monday evening, I decided to leave them alone.

If they can't understand why a father wouldn't want that for their son, not sure what to tell them?