Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Just listened to the ITH interviews of Tim Langford and Coach Shannon. A major takeaway from both:
There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that Rob Phinisee is THE most important recruit that IU has had in a long time. There is NO doubt in my mind that Romeo Langford very much considered Rob Phinisee being at IU as a HUGE plus.
And so will others.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sounds like I need to listen to those!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

To be fair, if I was a top recruit Purdue would have to pay me to go there too.  Why would I, as a top recruit, want to go to college where the co-eds look like livestock if I wasn't being paid?

Yep Purdue would never cheat because Caleb Swanigans top 7 were all Nike by "coincidence"

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

I loved how during this whole process, Romeo was able to keep a stone cold poker face over the whole thing, and then after he put the IU hat on, he couldn’t keep the smile off his face. 

I noticed that too.  It had to be a huge weight off his shoulders to finally get the decision out.

2 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

That comment screams salty and jealousy. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No doubt.  What I've found amusing is how over the past year or so the theme on PU boards is how they've been dominant while we've been noncompetitive.  While, with the previous 3 coaches we had haven't been consistently good, you could argue that we've actually fared similarly to PU.  Since 2000 they've been to 5 s16's to our 4.  They made it to the e8 once and we made it to the championship game once.  Both teams have 3 BT titles (each with only 2 in the last 10 years).  IMO, that's remarkably similar and yet it's something for them to crow about.  Now we clearly have our the best coach since Knight, are beginning to finally bring in top in-state players and still appeal to other highly rated players while PU continues to attract second shelf and below prospects.

We can see it with the players that have already committed and high interest from several high level kids - we're primed to become perennial contenders while PU will continue to occasionally have a nice season now and then.  Basically our floor is level with their ceiling and Archie has begun to move us up.

20 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

No doubt.  What I've found amusing is how over the past year or so the theme on PU boards is how they've been dominant while we've been noncompetitive.  While, with the previous 3 coaches we had haven't been consistently good, you could argue that we've actually fared similarly to PU.  Since 2000 they've been to 5 s16's to our 4.  They made it to the e8 once and we made it to the championship game once.  Both teams have 3 BT titles (each with only 2 in the last 10 years).  IMO, that's remarkably similar and yet it's something for them to crow about.  Now we clearly have our the best coach since Knight, are beginning to finally bring in top in-state players and still appeal to other highly rated players while PU continues to attract second shelf and below prospects.

We can see it with the players that have already committed and high interest from several high level kids - we're primed to become perennial contenders while PU will continue to occasionally have a nice season now and then.  Basically our floor is level with their ceiling and Archie has begun to move us up.

They have little-brother syndrome. Lol