Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Garland may have been classy, but the Vandy fans have become salty calling Tim Langford Lavar Ball, and such.

No one else got that vibe of Tim being a bit too much? If it was a UK or Purdue kid we’d be all over them about it. I was embarrassed for Romeo, that ceremony was nauseating. Comparisons to Abe Lincoln? Lol. Just not the way I would have done it, but I’m thrilled he’s a Hoosier. My favorites page can now update to TJD’s crystal ball predictions from Romeo’s!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

56 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Here’s a fun comment from the article:

“I don't get the hype, well, I do but

Langford is way over-rated. I doubt he is one and done. Not really sure why he didn’t choose Kentucky. Could it be that Cal coached him in the USA U-19 team along with Carsen, and Romeo was: meh…. And then there’s the "Ball Effect", i.e., parents that know better than coaches. Maybe a little of that here as well. I doubt Painter actually wanted Langford, seriously. "purdue guy" and all that—which I agree with, personally.
So, no, I couldn’t care less about Langford. I will enjoy seeing us have our way again this year.

Posted by boilerbubba on May 1, 2018 | 6:25 AM”

Haters gonna hate.

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Stu Jackson - Following Romeo Langford's commitment tonight, Indiana has the No. 7 recruiting class nationally and No. 1 recruiting class in the Big Ten for 2018.

DcFQHZbUwAUadp6.jpg

I thought it was interesting 247 had us 9th below Maryland.

25 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I thought it was interesting 247 had us 9th below Maryland.

I found the same interest.  Other lists have IU 9th when that particular site goes by a scorecard and IU was ahead of one team with more points and behind two teams with less points.  If they go through the trouble of creating a scorecard, then why bother flip flopping by way of an eye test?  Oh well, it doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, ray said:

I found the same interest.  Other lists have IU 9th when that particular site goes by a scorecard and IU was ahead of one team with more points and behind two teams with less points.  If they go through the trouble of creating a scorecard, then why bother flip flopping by way of an eye test?  Oh well, it doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Oh well. We all know Romeo is here for one year, but its about much more than this year. Being able to get him is making a huge statement that.... "We're Back?" lol don't go printing tshirts yet though...

19 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Race was a +17.7 for the 2017 class according to 247.

but what does that mean? Add 17.7 to this would make us like 83pts and 13pts higher than everyone else? 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

but what does that mean? Add 17.7 to this would make us like 83pts and 13pts higher than everyone else? 

Not really sure but he was ranked 84th for 2017, I looked up the 84th ranked player for 2018 and he was +26.5. So would gather that yes due to the number of players recruited, you would just add that number and we would be 13+ points ahead. Just my observation and I could be completely wrong. 

No one else got that vibe of Tim being a bit too much? If it was a UK or Purdue kid we’d be all over them about it. I was embarrassed for Romeo, that ceremony was nauseating. Comparisons to Abe Lincoln? Lol. Just not the way I would have done it, but I’m thrilled he’s a Hoosier. My favorites page can now update to TJD’s crystal ball predictions from Romeo’s!

They had a little fun with the ceremony. Was it long? Yes. But it's not like Tim has been consistently obnoxious in interviews. Think he's fine.

5 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Not really sure but he was ranked 84th for 2017, I looked up the 84th ranked player for 2018 and he was +26.5. So would gather that yes due to the number of players recruited, you would just add that number and we would be 13+ points ahead. Just my observation and I could be completely wrong. 

CAM checked all the boxes with this class. He brought in what we have been missing. Indiana Basketball players. This is the class that will be the foundation in the coming years. The CTC flavored class will soon be replaced with a roster that can defend and play team basketball. We will have a roster that will be able to sustain injuries and keep on clicking. An offer from IU will once again really mean something. The arrow is true North ladies and gents.

6 minutes ago, goonaha said:

They had a little fun with the ceremony. Was it long? Yes. But it's not like Tim has been consistently obnoxious in interviews. Think he's fine.

It was a little much for my taste but at the end of the day who wouldn’t be proud to have Romeo as your son?