Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Pat ford, @#$*#&&*&*()&*****FU!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Courtesy of the Kansas board..LOL

I feel like there are a lot of Trae Young parallels here. If Langford ends up being as good as Trae Young (extremely unlikely) it’s possible that Indiana could have a season like OU’s next year (10 seed, mid-conference finish), although OU had a better coach and a bit better supporting cast.

I did a lot of lurking on Kansas boards the last couple of months and overall felt them to be a pretty good group.

Unlike Vanderbilt fans

I’m not sure I am buying Romeo just decided Friday. The announcement date has been set open to the public for awhile.
Who knows. I don't care at this point. I will say this I don't live in indiana now but nowhere will you see what you say today. A packed gym, full cheerleader squad, a band, 85 media passes, and people in line for hours. Only in Indiana would you ever see this. It's a different era than Damon Bailey since they stayed for years but it's like Damon Bailey to the state. No question.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I can't speak for Bridges but Zeller would have been at IU regardless of whether or not the one-and-done rule existed. Like Gordon, Romeo would be going straight to the NBA if he could. I also think it is worth considering how it would look if he didn't come out of his freshman year ready to leave.

Not that we're going to get a lot of them necessarily, but Archie will likely reel in the occasional top 10 player going forward, and these kids want to know that the one year they're forced to go to college will pay off if they choose IU. Archie doesn't have an Anthony Davis, John Wall, or Tyus Jones to his name yet to make up for misses like Alex Poythress or Rasheed Sulaimon the way Cal and K can. It would be awesome if Romeo did stay two years under his own volition after a productive and healthy freshmen season, but the odds are heavily against that. It may be better for the program long term if the early top 10 players Archie gets do go pro after their freshmen seasons so he has something to sell 5* players and can continue to bring them in when needed.

Having said all that, the one-and-done rule is likely coming to an end in the next two or three years, so what I just said is likely a moot point in the coming years. Lets just enjoy him for the year he's here. Tonight was a big night in more ways than one.

Interesting.  I do wonder how that is all going to play out when the one-and-done rule is ended, if it ends as is expected.  Will high school students be allowed to enter for the draft, and if they are not picked straight out of high school, will they be allowed to accept a scholarship and play college ball?  I don't see why that would not be allowed once the one-and-done rule is rescinded.  But who knows?  Whatever happens, schools will still compete for the top athletes remaining, and some of those athletes will prove to be amazing, and show NBA scouts in their freshman year that they are really good, really promising, got overlooked/missed in AAU/high school for whatever combination of many, many reasons.

Here is another completely different thought to add to your really good post.  Zeller had the opportunity to go pro after his freshman year, but opted to stay at IU one more year for several reasons, 1) he was having a blast, coz duh (IU college experience) X (being Cody Zeller there,) 2) he had a chance to bring a new banner back to the rafters, 3) he could improve his stock from mid-1st round to top of the draft.  If Romeo stays at IU two years, does that really drop Indiana stock from buy to sell for the top talent in future recruiting classes?

You just can’t make up news days like we have had the past 24 hours. In fact —I put together a summary of the major news stories at some of the major universities using mostly abbreviations or numbers:

University of Kansas: FBI

Purdue University: STD

Indiana University: OMG —007 says YeahYeah22 2 IU is 98 percent—A.OK!

Vanderbilt University: SOL

Good times on BTown Banners!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just had to bring this back now that it is all true and confirmed! Let the good times roll!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Interesting.  I do wonder how that is all going to play out when the one-and-done rule is ended, if it ends as is expected.  Will high school students be allowed to enter for the draft, and if they are not picked straight out of high school, will they be allowed to accept a scholarship and play college ball?  I don't see why that would not be allowed once the one-and-done rule is rescinded.  But who knows?  Whatever happens, schools will still compete for the top athletes remaining, and some of those athletes will prove to be amazing, and show NBA scouts in their freshman year that they are really good, really promising, got overlooked/missed in AAU/high school for whatever combination of many, many reasons.
Here is another completely different thought to add to your really good post.  Zeller had the opportunity to go pro after his freshman year, but opted to stay at IU one more year for several reasons, 1) he was having a blast, coz duh (IU college experience) X (being Cody Zeller there,) 2) he had a chance to bring a new banner back to the rafters, 3) he could improve his stock from mid-1st round to top of the draft.  If Romeo stays at IU two years, does that really drop Indiana stock from buy to sell for the top talent in future recruiting classes?
I'd be shocked if he stayed two years with injury risk, etc but you never know. I suspect we cam be pretty darn good next year assuming Morgan stays. I fully expect him back.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk