Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Just now, cthomas said:

Agreed. My only concern is how quickly the young guys pick up CAM's defense.

I'm not too worried about it. Our upperclassmen picked it up last year and they had years of Crean to unlearn. These young guys will be clean slates. 

7 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Agreed. My only concern is how quickly the young guys pick up CAM's defense.

That and our 5...I think it'll be Race. My B1G predictions...

1) Michigan State-assuming Ward comes back. Still have most of that stellar 2016 class

2) Indiana- IMO two of the 5 best players in the Big Ten. 

3) Michigan-Will still be good without Mo. 

4) Maryland-should be higher but have a terrible coach

5) Purdue-Edwards comes back. Decent grad transfer coming too. 

6) Wisconsin- Happ may be the most valuable player behind Carsen and Romeo

7) Ohio State-KBD will be tought to replace but I like Holtmann. 

8) Nebraska-Should be higher but have another crappy coach. 

The rest will fight for the scraps. 

While I'm at it here is our Day 1 starting line up

PG Devonte Green

SG Romeo Langford

SF Zach McRoberts

PF Juwan Morgan

C Race Thompson

Bench in order: Justin Smith, Jerome Hunter, Robert Phinisee, De'Ron Davis, Aljami Durham 

I think that Jerome and Phinisee could sneak in by the end of the season. If Justin can hit the 3 ball (or Juwan more consistently) then he will start. 

More salt from the Kansas board. Always love it when the parents are suddenly a problem after the recruit chooses someone else:

All the more reason I'd rather him go to IU. We had the same BS with Young. Parents that are unwilling to make their kids realize the world is bigger than themselves often raise kids who are selfish and immature.

I think we kick @$$ next year and yes we will be a final four contender. No question about it. Romeo on court will be a master threat freeing up other players to shoot wide frigging open. Our two point guards will be able to hunt after 3-5 passes. Put that in the bank. And our inside guys when Romeo drives? Lol. This is huge! Slack off of Romeo? 3 pts!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

More salt from the Kansas board. Always love it when the parents are suddenly a problem after the recruit chooses someone else:

All the more reason I'd rather him go to IU. We had the same BS with Young. Parents that are unwilling to make their kids realize the world is bigger than themselves often raise kids who are selfish and immature.

Whining fbi problems!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

I think we kick @$$ next year and yes we will be a final four contender. No question about it. Romeo on court will be a master threat freeing up other players to shoot wide frigging open. Our two point guards will be able to hunt after 3-5 passes. Put that in the bank. And our inside guys when Romeo drives? Lol. This is huge! Slack off of Romeo? 3 pts!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

39 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I bet Bryce Drew paid him to tweet that...:farting_smiley:

I like the way you think

46 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Zeller stayed 2 years. So did Miles Bridges from MSU. Some people just like the college life.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can't speak for Bridges but Zeller would have been at IU regardless of whether or not the one-and-done rule existed. Like Gordon, Romeo would be going straight to the NBA if he could. I also think it is worth considering how it would look if he didn't come out of his freshman year ready to leave.

Not that we're going to get a lot of them necessarily, but Archie will likely reel in the occasional top 10 player going forward, and these kids want to know that the one year they're forced to go to college will pay off if they choose IU. Archie doesn't have an Anthony Davis, John Wall, or Tyus Jones to his name yet to make up for misses like Alex Poythress or Rasheed Sulaimon the way Cal and K can. It would be awesome if Romeo did stay two years under his own volition after a productive and healthy freshmen season, but the odds are heavily against that. It may be better for the program long term if the early top 10 players Archie gets do go pro after their freshmen seasons so he has something to sell 5* players and can continue to bring them in when needed.

Having said all that, the one-and-done rule is likely coming to an end in the next two or three years, so what I just said is likely a moot point in the coming years. Lets just enjoy him for the year he's here. Tonight was a big night in more ways than one.