Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I will say this though, Kansas has been the only other option for probably a month or so. Of course they are confident, they should be. Also what is Grimes gonna say when asked? He's going to IU when he is a Kansas commit. Ask Darius Garland and Romeo has been a Vanderbilt kid ever since he made his choice. Calm down people.
Is Grimes the only reason a few on this board are losing it? I read something about Rabjohns earlier...I have no clue what's going on apparently

1. What was the quote/tweet?
2. Has any other info come out to "make things interesting"?

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

Is it possible for both IU and Kansas coaches to feel confided based on what they have been told? I just wonder if IU and Kansas are both thinking it’s them. It wouldn’t be the first time a coach thought he was getting a player and they went elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I will say this though, Kansas has been the only other option for probably a month or so. Of course they are confident, they should be. Also what is Grimes gonna say when asked? He's going to IU when he is a Kansas commit. Ask Darius Garland and Romeo has been a Vanderbilt kid ever since he made his choice. Calm down people.

But at the McDonald's game when players were interviewed where they thought Romeo would go Grimes said Indiana, now he says Kansas....so there's that.

1 minute ago, Cheaney40 said:

Is Grimes the only reason a few on this board are losing it? I read something about Rabjohns earlier...I have no clue what's going on apparently

1. What was the quote/tweet?
2. Has any other info come out to "make things interesting"?

Rabjohns said there are people at the Nike EYBL thing who feel the confidence coming from Kansas stems from Grimes being confident Romeo is going there. That's it. Bailey had a bit of a meltdown and things kind of took off from there.

Rabjohns said there are people at the Nike EYBL thing who feel the confidence coming from Kansas stems from Grimes being confident Romeo is going there. That's it. Bailey had a bit of a meltdown and things kind of took off from there.
I need a drink.... And I don't even drink...

7 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is it possible for both IU and Kansas coaches to feel confided based on what they have been told? I just wonder if IU and Kansas are both thinking it’s them. It wouldn’t be the first time a coach thought he was getting a player and they went elsewhere

Yes, I'm sure it happens quite often where multiple coaches feel they are going to land a recruit, and they choose another school, and it could be the case this time, too, with Romeo.  Problem is some of the pro-IU vibes have apparently come from sources close to the IU staff, and it could be that those sources are wrong, we will find out Monday.

1 hour ago, DLG3 said:

I hate to state the obvious, but Dorothy was from...Kansas. Ha! But yeah, a little weird with the whole analyzing the prom shoes thing. I love it!

And what did Dorothy keep saying? "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home." ... Which is exactly what Romeo will say Monday night when he decides to stay in the Hoosier State. ... I'm sure of it. I think. Sorta. Maybe. 

And what did Dorothy keep saying? "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home." ... Which is exactly what Romeo will say Monday night when he decides to stay in the Hoosier State. ... I'm sure of it. I think. Sorta. Maybe. 

But her home was Kansas so she was really saying there’s no place like Kansas. It’s Kansas guys, alert the press.

8 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

IUwins0708 from HSN site:  "He’s going to be a Hoosier folks.  Everyone has been informed.  Coaches, players, etc.  Relax and enjoy.  Anderson spilled the beans on his twitter account and had to go back and delete it.  He was asked to by Romeos dad via Coach Miller.  We are good!  Good night all!!"

FWIW that isn't how it went down. I talked to Damezi. He knew right after he messed up.

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

FWIW that isn't how it went down. I talked to Damezi. He knew right after he messed up.

sweet, and yeah that makes sense that he would have known he screwed up right after he did it. as far as everything else goes, he's in the right to be so reassuring? 

IUwins0708 from HSN site:  "He’s going to be a Hoosier folks.  Everyone has been informed.  Coaches, players, etc.  Relax and enjoy.  Anderson spilled the beans on his twitter account and had to go back and delete it.  He was asked to by Romeos dad via Coach Miller.  We are good!  Good night all!!"
When did Anderson spill the beans? I missed it I guess. Sounds good though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

When did Anderson spill the beans? I missed it I guess. Sounds good though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The other day Anderson posted something on twitter saying something like "..we all know he's coming to IU" but then it disappeared because he took it down fairly quickly.