Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

We're Jonesing for more Romeo news. We've gotten used to our habit being fed every day or so with our refresh highs. Since the euphoria surrounding the announcement of the 30th and 007's confidence has started to come down we're just wanting an occasional hit to keep us going until nearer announcement day.
When did 007 confidence come down? That's news to me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

When did 007 confidence come down? That's news to me.

Believe he meant the euphoria from 007's confidence has started to come down.

On a side note: looks like you're wrong about that news breaking this weekend, Tonto!

In my opinion - the silence tells us everything. The most tangible evidence we have right now is the fact that Archie is not aggressively pursuing any Shooting guards for next year. I think most people would agree this is a big area of need and I expected us to add either Romeo or a grad transfer at this position. Archie's early interest in guys like Ryan Taylor and some juco's is evidence that he knew the importance of adding someone at this spot. However, since the commitment of Taylor to Northwestern we have not heard of Archie pursuing any other players. Meanwhile, Vandy is definitely trying to fill roster spots. I am honestly not sure how much recruiting Kansas is doing - but they may be comfortable with their roster for next year. This - in addition to the fact that Romeo will announce in a public setting makes me confident - even outside of the crystal balls and insiders (who I really appreciate posting their information).
Very true but it won't stop some from freaking out or claiming self just got his verbal, etc.

1 hour ago, Beachfront Property said:

In my opinion - the silence tells us everything. The most tangible evidence we have right now is the fact that Archie is not aggressively pursuing any Shooting guards for next year. I think most people would agree this is a big area of need and I expected us to add either Romeo or a grad transfer at this position. Archie's early interest in guys like Ryan Taylor and some juco's is evidence that he knew the importance of adding someone at this spot. However, since the commitment of Taylor to Northwestern we have not heard of Archie pursuing any other players. Meanwhile, Vandy is definitely trying to fill roster spots. I am honestly not sure how much recruiting Kansas is doing - but they may be comfortable with their roster for next year. This - in addition to the fact that Romeo will announce in a public setting makes me confident - even outside of the crystal balls and insiders (who I really appreciate posting their information).

Exactly. IU is going to get him. Patience people

Knowing what's about to go down in the IU recruiting world, and then the results that will follow because of it, got me pumped to watch the video on YouTube when Archie was introduced as the head coach at Hoosier Hysteria. Seeing (and experiencing since i was there) the response the fans gave him, and then the look of "holy heck, this is awesome" across his face as he waved to the crowd when he walked out and looked around, kinda got me teary eyed, lol. So excited about what he's going to be able to bring to the table here at IU. 

8 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

That Kansas fan accomplished what he intended to accomplish. He sent some IU fans into a frenzy. He's not an insider. You can tell that right off the bat. I find it funny that we have IU beat writers and fans that work at New Albany High School. We have an IU radio show host here in Jeffersonville that is an Assistant coach for NAHS Basketball and is close with Romeo and his family. None of these people have a ton of inside info. But we are led to believe that people in a state 1000 miles away has insider information. Absolutely silly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly!!! I give no credence to anyone on a Kansas board, regardless of how much clout they command. Romeo is in our backyard and if there’s even a small window to extract information, our people would have it first. He’s ours. Can’t wait to watch the Kansas fans ego’s bruise in real time. 

So was there ever any news from that Kansas "insider" about this week's "meeting" with Self?

Or can we move on?

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

IMG_1524445391.917432.jpg

Tonto's last transmission re:Romeo yesterday around 1430.

He continues to be vague...

i.e. full o'crap.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app