Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

The fact Chris007 knows would indicate at least one leak at IU. And of course they would leak it. It helps with perception for potential 2018 bigs and 2019 recruits. 

Agreed.

And if it felt like a gamble at all, they wouldn't (or shouldn't) have leaked anything. You don't want recruits seeing a program who blows smoke when there's no fire.

But that's just my average-joe observation. There are undoubtedly internal details and workings of which I know nothing about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

With Phinisee, that is not even a question.

I think there is a reason Archie coveted RP so much.  Sure, he went after "AD", but I always got the feel Archie was all in on RP regardless.  He sees the long term "staying" power he will bring to IU.  He just seems like an "Archie" kind of kid.

8 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

That's been an argument that I've supported throughout this recruitment. If Phinisee is as underrated as it seems, as a four year PG he's far more valuable to our program, in my opinion.

The argument that Romeo automatically helps make Indiana an in-state destination again is faulty in my opinion. Indiana will be a preferred destination again once we can do two things:

1) Compete at a high level over multiple years

2) Demonstrate the ability to develop players (not known NBA talent) into draft prospects

Players like Phinisee will provide the stability and consistency that a OAD cannot.

Romeo is going to pay dividends as well though. Can't wait for him to put on the candy stripes.

Not to mention if a guy like Phinisee shows he can play with the OAD's that will do nothing but help us with other top guys too. Having a PG that can make it work with anyone is a huge Ace up our sleeve.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

From a staff writer for the Kansas 247 site:

Ryan Noel

• Ryan Noel
  • Staff (Mississippi)
  • JayhawkSportsReprot
  • Ryan Noel
  • (47909)
  • 184 months
  •  
  • FWIW, I heard its Indiana.

Although it's hidden under VIP, Ryan Noel made his pick 8 days ago. His title doesn't list Kansas 247 when he picks, but good to know.

247.thumb.PNG.a77b1e0612963ce29813e8503adf08c9.PNG

4 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Apparently Tim Langford shot down the report that Self stopped by, although I'm not sure anyone really believed it.

Yeah guys it's the 21st century. Coaches don't come by with an envelope of money anymore. The shoe companies hire their parents to do some consulting for 200,000 dollars a day. 

28 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

It's so nice being on this side of a top recruitment for once. I got so use to just expecting the top guys to go somewhere else. It feels like Christmas is coming in April.

The scrooge is listening. Let's not count chickens until they're hatched lol. 

That's been an argument that I've supported throughout this recruitment. If Phinisee is as underrated as it seems, as a four year PG he's far more valuable to our program, in my opinion.
The argument that Romeo automatically helps make Indiana an in-state destination again is faulty in my opinion. Indiana will be a preferred destination again once we can do two things:
1) Compete at a high level over multiple years
2) Demonstrate the ability to develop players (not known NBA talent) into draft prospects
Players like Phinisee will provide the stability and consistency that a OAD cannot.
Romeo is going to pay dividends as well though. Can't wait for him to put on the candy stripes.

IF Phinisee develops like we all hope he is the ying to the yang to the OAD. You have to have those players to win. He is as valuable as Romeo long term. But let’s also be real. Getting a Romeo makes IU a potential optional destination school for OAD players as well. That’s pretty huge as well. No pressure Archie.

21 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

IF Phinisee develops like we all hope he is the ying to the yang to the OAD. You have to have those players to win. He is as valuable as Romeo long term. But let’s also be real. Getting a Romeo makes IU a potential optional destination school for OAD players as well. That’s pretty huge as well. No pressure Archie.

With Romeo our 2018-'19 season ceiling goes Way up!