Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well two visits in a week make me think Trendon. But I'll take either or both

Great minds think alike. Could be one of those misses out. Like Aaron Henry last year. But I think the staff would take both. They play different positions

7 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Can you imagine the shockwaves that would be sent throughout the college basketball landscape if we landed three five stars over a couple of days?

The main thing I would be dealing with if/when that happens are the sore loser Ohio State and Purdue fans at my work accusing Archie of being a cheater.....they were already saying we are cheating just because of being in the running with Romeo.....really??!! 

17 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

The main thing I would be dealing with if/when that happens are the sore loser Ohio State and Purdue fans at my work accusing Archie of being a cheater.....they were already saying we are cheating just because of being in the running with Romeo.....really??!! 

You know pUKe fans would be on that list too, as if they have any room to talk.

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

I have to think that the fact that we are recruiting multiple high end players for a limited number of spots puts some pressure on the kids to not wait too long to decide. The Aaron Henry situation comes to mind. Wait too long and someone else takes your place. I have to think CAM implies that when he talks to the kids and their families. And, I'm not unhappy about that at all.

Isn’t it refteshing to have a staff working with focus and purpose?  Henry was waiting for that IU offer, but it never came.  I could see Franklin being in the same boat.

Edit:  Henry DID get an offer on 7/16/17.

Edited by CrimsonV

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I have to think that the fact that we are recruiting multiple high end players for a limited number of spots puts some pressure on the kids to not wait too long to decide. The Aaron Henry situation comes to mind. Wait too long and someone else takes your place. I have to think CAM implies that when he talks to the kids and their families. And, I'm not unhappy about that at all.

Crean recruited many high end players, too, they just all didn't want to play for him, Archie is different, kids want to play for him.

6 minutes ago, rebelcc said:

Not that it matters but I thought Henry had an offer.

I thought he did too, not that it really matters, but Hunter and Anderson committed before he did. I also thought that his offer was still on the table after the other guys popped. As always, I could be wrong about all of this.

32 minutes ago, rebelcc said:

Not that it matters but I thought Henry had an offer.

Thanks.  You are correct.  I went back and looked it up.  It didn’t come until later in July after some dominos were already falling.  Then again, he was also a late bloomer to the big stage.  A big thanks to old fart as well.

I don’t think Franklin is enamored with IU. That recruitment seems like an uphill climb.

I thought it was interesting. He seemed to be the only 2019 prospect with a home visit and no offer. Also the only home visit not ranked in the top 40. What makes you think the lack of interest is on his part?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Jam said:

I thought it was interesting. He seemed to be the only 2019 prospect with a home visit and no offer. Also the only home visit not ranked in the top 40. What makes you think the lack of interest is on his part?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s been said that he might prefer the small school feel. Somewhere like Xavier or Butler. Also, apparently he didn’t grow up an IU fan at all

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

We'd probably win more games next year and have more momentum moving forward. I'd be in favor of anything that can speed up our return to relevancy. I'm tired of slow, multi-year rebuilds.

Agree with this 100%.   I meant what I said in a different context.  

11 hours ago, schoosier said:

He’s a game changer like we haven’t seen since EJ imo. He has range, handles, and athletic ability straight out of high school. Next year could be special with Romeo leading us plus adding the already great recruiting class coming.

Salivating over the freshman depth, and the possibility 2 or more of them breakout.  It could happen.