Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I can’t wait to hear the crowd when/if Romeo commits to IU. I doubt there’s been many commitments with 4,000+ fans in attendance. Would be a great endorsement for IU if it was on ESPN.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
But but Greg r days he is picking vandy!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

From ESPN's Jeff Borzello:

Romeo Langford (No. 5)

It’s nearing the end of the road for Langford, who has had the same three schools on his list for months: Kansas, Indiana and Vanderbilt. For most of the winter, it seemed like Indiana and Vanderbilt were battling for the lead, but Kansas has made a strong push over the last few weeks. Early decisions by Malik Newman and Lagerald Vick to head to the NBA only help the Jayhawks’ cause, opening up minutes on the wing. Meanwhile, Indiana is looking to keep Langford home and has made him a priority since the day Archie Miller took over in Bloomington last spring. Vanderbilt is hoping Langford is the missing piece to an elite recruiting class that already includes five-stars Darius Garland and Simisola Shittu. Langford has shut it down and is ready for decision time, which will come on April 30. It’s still too close to feel entirely confident about a prediction, but at this moment, the Hoosiers are earning most of the buzz. It’s also worth noting Langford is having an announcement at his high school, open to the public -- meaning there will be 4000 Indiana fans in the building.

• Prediction: Indiana

• Confidence level: 55 percent

• Others in the mix: Kansas, Vanderbilt

Romeo Langford (No. 5)
It’s nearing the end of the road for Langford, who has had the same three schools on his list for months: Kansas, Indiana and Vanderbilt. For most of the winter, it seemed like Indiana and Vanderbilt were battling for the lead, but Kansas has made a strong push over the last few weeks. Early decisions by Malik Newman and Lagerald Vick to head to the NBA only help the Jayhawks’ cause, opening up minutes on the wing. Meanwhile, Indiana is looking to keep Langford home and has made him a priority since the day Archie Miller took over in Bloomington last spring. Vanderbilt is hoping Langford is the missing piece to an elite recruiting class that already includes five-stars Darius Garland and Simisola Shittu. Langford has shut it down and is ready for decision time, which will come on April 30. It’s still too close to feel entirely confident about a prediction, but at this moment, the Hoosiers are earning most of the buzz. It’s also worth noting Langford is having an announcement at his high school, open to the public -- meaning there will be 4000 Indiana fans in the building.

Is borzello or Jerry Meyer more legit in this case. Meyer is WAY more confident. This seemed like a weak prediction from borzello

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Romeo Langford (No. 5)

45 percent chance he picks anchors down or Kansas in front of 4200 iu fans. Got it.

Romeo would piss off an entire state if he invites the general public to come to his event just to announce for a different school. He knows his gym is going to be full of IU fans, just like they were all season long. It would be a huge, huge mistake, and completely unnecessary.. He and his family would have to want to create enemies to do that. He has had plenty of opportunities to announce if he was going to Kansas or Vandy. 

Romeo would piss off an entire state if he invites the general public to come to his event just to announce for a different school. He knows his gym is going to be full of IU fans, just like they were all season long. It would be a huge, huge mistake, and completely unnecessary.. He and his family would have to want to create enemies to do that. He has had plenty of opportunities to announce if he was going to Kansas or Vandy. 
I wonder if Greg R is going to show expecting the vandy verbal!

I really was hoping that if he indeed were picking B-Town, he'd make his announcement today. It's IU day after all. Could there have been a more perfect opportunity? Oh well, as long as he's wearing the candy stripes next season, I'm not that concerned with the date ... 

StripedPants.png

So much points to IU it's hard to think otherwise, but I do know the Langford family is smart. They've always knew they had Indiana in their back pocket and now they are using that relationship and holding out until more and more national attention decides to talk about it. Honestly in terms of branding, they have played this better than any recruit in a long time. Not many had the attention that he has drawn to do it and that plays a part, but it's still an A+ effort I will say that.

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Using the IU fanbase to draw attention to his announcement and then committing to another school in front of them would be the ultimate Dick move and squander any goodwill he had built up. That would be the dumbest thing he could do.

Yeah, fair or not, the state of Indiana would turn on him if he did that. If you care about your "brand" you don't do something that you know will piss off hundreds of thousands of people. 

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Using the IU fanbase to draw attention to his announcement and then committing to another school in front of them would be the ultimate Dick move and squander any goodwill he had built up. That would be the dumbest thing he could do.

You're not wrong there. Over and over his brand is what ends up getting brought up though and the moves they have done have only made things stronger in that department. In the end, I believe IU fans will reap the benefits. I don't do percentages or nothing though just my opinion regardless of what I'm told or I hear. 12 more days everyone!! THANK GOD

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, fair or not, the state of Indiana would turn on him if he did that. If you care about your "brand" you don't do something that you know will piss off hundreds of thousands of people. 

Let's save that until he announces. If he does decide elsewhere, Romeo never asked for any of this. In fact he has spent more than enough time signing autographs & taking pictures with fans that suggest his brand isn't the only thing that mattered if he didn't choose IU. He'd be crazy not to honestly. The next year is going to be when he gains all his loyal fans to add to the ones he has now to battle on twitter with other players fans lol. That was a joke obviously. 

He would want to stay away from the state for awhile. It would make no sense.