Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

On 2/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This is a business decision per Tim Langford. Romeo’s brand in the state of Indiana is at an all time high. He’s creating a story as the next great Hoosier to grace basketball locally and it will only continue to spread nationally. His name will be bandied about with other Hoosier greats leading up to the commitment. If he goes to Indiana, the story is cemented and becomes the focus of the entire season, and his brand sky rockets. If he goes to Vandy, he starts a completely new story, and his current brand is completely lost. He has the chance to make a new college Big 3 brand as part of one of the best recruiting classes ever, but it’s a complete reset. If I’m running a business, I stick with the brand that has a massive following and has all of the momentum. Romeo to Indiana.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Slow day at work. I want credit in the Btown Crystalball for a February 4th pick! :farting_smiley:

8 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

Any good tidbits last night or today? Everything seems to have went stale.

I wouldn't imagine we'll hear much between now and then. Maybe in the couple days leading up to it. We've already seen phrases like 'done deal' and most notable CB picks have flipped to us so don't know what else there is to hear/see. Just need to see what happens! 

So I made the mistake of visiting a Kansas board,  and on top of them having an "insider" telling them their source is saying Romeo is picking Kansas, they also don't think too highly of IU, and what kind of team IU could be with Langford next season to the point of being dismissive of IU legitimately having a shot at Romeo.  The few KU posters who think he may choose IU think it's only due to pressure to be the hometown hero, and not that Romeo would actually want to play for IU otherwise. 
It's when I see things like that that I really hope Romeo Langford chooses to don the candy stripes on April 30th.

Which Kansas board? Scout or 247

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Get there early. Get there often. 

So they are opening the doors an hour early, but this is a school day. I think NA gets out at 2:30 but I wonder how early they are going to allow people to show up? I would have to think that they wouldn't allow it until after all of the kids are out of school for security reasons.

11 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

So they are opening the doors an hour early, but this is a school day. I think NA gets out at 2:30 but I wonder how early they are going to allow people to show up? I would have to think that they wouldn't allow it until after all of the kids are out of school for security reasons.

I agree they won't allow anyone in until after the buses have left and school is out of session, but that isn't to say they'll be able to control what people do.  I imagine there will be people parking off site and walking in or waiting in cars stopped by barricades.  Who knows?  This might be a bigger turnout than anyone has even planned for.  Then again, maybe it won't be.

2 minutes ago, ray said:

I agree they won't allow anyone in until after the buses have left and school is out of session, but that isn't to say they'll be able to control what people do.  I imagine there will be people parking off site and walking in or waiting in cars stopped by barricades.  Who knows?  This might be a bigger turnout than anyone has even planned for.  Then again, maybe it won't be.

As tight of an area that it is around the school, I could see this becoming a little chaotic there.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Slow day at work. I want credit in the Btown Crystalball for a February 4th pick! :farting_smiley:

Considering your thoughts and vantage point on the whole "brand" is very similar to my own, I will gladly give you some credit.

Just now, reconmkd said:

As tight of an area that it is around the school, I could see this becoming a little chaotic there.

I've never been to the school, so I'll take your word for it.

Been there a few times, I was a recruiter for the Army for a while and have lived about 20 mins away all my life. The state road out front is 2 lane and there are 2 side streets, a little parking at the school and some more parking across the street behind some businesses.

Best guess is Indiana (but if I'm wrong blame @jeffborzello)...

I would have guessed somewhere else a week ago by the way

Adam Finkelstein

Add an ESPN scout to one jumping on the romeo to IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can u link this? I couldn’t find it on twitter. Or a screen shot?

Edit/ nvm found it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app