Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Dakich: "no question in my mind that Romeo Langford is going to Indiana."
He basically hit on everything that's been discussed here (open to public event, business decision, right timing to choose IU).
Wasn't dakich saying a week ago he wasn't coming to iu. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

On 4/15/2018 at 9:57 AM, HoosierHoops1 said:

They don't realize this is Indiana and our high school basketball teams know how to play.  And, Warren Central who did win the state finished as the 11th best high school team in the country.

I never hear of a recruit from Indiana "who was poorly coached in high school"

Damezi?

24 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Damezi?

Fair enough, for the 1st time I have heard of a player from Indiana "who was poorly coached in high school"

Haven't heard it, just taking your word for it.

24 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Fair enough, for the 1st time I have heard of a player from Indiana "who was poorly coached in high school"

Haven't heard it, just taking your word for it.

Haha.  I have heard complaints here on this board.  I have not actually even seen Damezi live.  That is why I added the question mark.  For some reason I am thinking johnsoniu may have expressed some concerns about Damezi's coaching, but then he or some other posters may have just posted something during a game that I may have taken to mean more than was implied.  I honestly think more than one poster from the Michiana area made remarks about wishing Damezi had not been asked to do so much to get his team the many big wins he got for them this year.  I think some guys said they thought Damezi might need a little extra coaching just to unlearn the me against the world approach to the game he was relied upon on that team in order to win.  It could also be said that you can't really hold it against a coach who lets his guy go 1-on-5 a lot if the guy still gets you the wins that way.  Idk.  Hopefully some Michiana posters can and will join in and share what they know about Damezi and how he was coached in high school.

Just now, btownqb said:

Yes he is.. met him and talked to him at the gym about two months ago. 

If you ever see him there and he is playing basketball ask him if he wants to play a game. He loves to play one on one, two on two or three on three. Just don't get in the way of one of those elbows. He's got a strong back to the basket game.

Peegs vip teaser

Jeffries on Langford: “Go to Indiana and be a legend"

Jared Jeffries once sat where Romeo Langford now sits, a five-star, highly recruited in-state basketball prospect. He knows what he would tell Langford.

1 hour ago, ray said:

I understand.  Victor Oladipo equals my favorite football Hoosier of all-time.  Anthony Thompson was amazing and humble...answered every letter written to him by fans...and, in my opinion, he was ripped off from receiving the Heisman Trophy.

I lived 3 doors down from AT in  the dorm at IU and he was awesome. 

6 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Damezi's coach up until this year was Mark Johnson, and he is top shelf ( and no we're not related lol)

He resigned last year because of some bull**** with the school board and administration trying to run the program behind his back. The coach this year is decent enough, but was put in a tough situation because most of Riley's team has played together since they could dribble. He pretty much took the hands off approach during games and let them police themselves, but he did challenge them in practice. Damezi and the team respected him and liked him.

And they won their first 26 games of the season and were ranked #1.  I'm not sure that 'bad coaching' results in that kind of year, regardless of the players on the team.