Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

The catch with that is if someone says what they know depending on the info it could out who they heard it from. So I think guys with legitimate sources have to be careful with how they put things out there.
I totally understand and wouldn't want them to out anything. I was just wondering if i missed any concrete info to help ease my anxiety of this situation lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, dallas44~ said:

Let’s not talk ourselves out of a good situation guys....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What is this in context to?  Do you mean having posters who provide sourced information for the board without revealing their source?  If so, I agree, no need to try to have people divulge where they are getting their information, unless it's publicly known on another site that can be linked to it.  You can either trust the poster, or don't.

What is this in context to?  Do you mean having posters who provide sourced information for the board without revealing their source?  If so, I agree, no need to try to have people divulge where they are getting their information, unless it's publicly known on another site that can be linked to it.  You can either trust the poster, or don't.

Just a broad statement things are clearly looking good for iu. I don’t know what chris 007 said, but all things point to iu.

Romeo has some huge onions if he’s gonna pick ku/vu in front of 4000 iu fans. We will find out in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Reasons to feel good about where IU stands with Romeo...
- BTownBanners "insiders" feel good about it. Chris007 has been discussed. Don't forget about hoosierpap, either. He's come through with a number of nice recruiting tidbits over the years as well. The fact that both of these guys feel good about the situation is a good sign.
- National insiders such as Andrew Slater, Brian Snow and Jerry Meyer have all predicted Romeo to IU. They aren't IU guys and they really don't care where Romeo ends up.  Meyer was even quoted in a Kansas newspaper that his sources told him it was a "done deal". When a national recruiting expert says something like that and allows it to be printed, that's a very good sign.
- Beat writers from all three contending schools gave their predictions in a recent article from the Tennessean (I think?) and all three guessed IU would be the choice. They all admitted that it was just a guess, however, I think it bears worth mentioning that even the Vandy and Kansas guys think IU is the choice at this point.
- Some insiders at other IU fan sites seem to feel good about Romeo to IU. How much stock you want to put into that is up to you, but when you stack it up next to everything else, it seems plausible.
- A commitment ceremony open to the public at New Albany High School. First and foremost, there will be New Albany fans there to support him. They have wonderful support for their team and always have even before Romeo came along. However, you can be assured there will be plenty of Hoosier fans there as well. It will be the crowd favorite. The Langford family knows this. Would they open it to the public if Romeo was going to Kansas or Vandy? Perhaps. But I believe it's reasonable to look at this setup to be more Pro-IU than anything else.
I guess my point is that there's a lot of positive buzz here that points to IU . I don't know if there is much else that can be said that would make you feel any more confident of IU's position until Romeo announces himself in two weeks. I certainly understand being cautious and not wanting to list him as a commit just yet. I'm with you on that. Romeo isn't a Hoosier at this moment. But if those positive tidbits don't make you feel good about IU's chances, I'm not sure anything will.
As someone else has already said, I normally hold off watching too many highlight videos of prospects until I feel there's a good chance that they'll become Hoosiers. Let's just say that I felt comfortable enough to start watching Romeo highlights last week.

Great post. I’d also add Langford’s are clearly aware of the iu smoke the last few days. This could be a test balloon in a sense as I’m sure they would 1) aggressively squash these rumors ( if wasn’t pickling iu).

Or 2) cancel the announcement and make it not open to public. Just can’t see him saying Kansas in front of 4000 iu fans

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Someone needs to make sure Romeo reads this. Vic is the perfect ambassador for this state and for IU.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/victor-oladipo-pacers-playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow, that was really really nice!

4 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I wish Victor could have went out with a Final FOUR. He is just a great ambassador for IU. 

It's complete crap that he isn't in the conversation for MVP. I always said if he went to the right team he would be a superstar. Well look at him now. I hope when it's all said and done he will be in the same conversation as Reggie Miller is. 

30 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

That article is incredible.  You wonder why a 3-year guy from Maryland ends up being an all-time IU favorite. No surprise.  What a great human...

And tweeted out from the IUBB account....which Romeo follows, so you all know he read it. I don't think it wouldn't sound genuine if it weren't Oladipo, meaning it would have sounded targeted at Romeo. But it's not; it's because VO is humble, flattered by all things Indiana and appreciative beyond words. Mancrush.

Dakich: "no question in my mind that Romeo Langford is going to Indiana."

He basically hit on everything that's been discussed here (open to public event, business decision, right timing to choose IU).