Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I'm still nervous. We have 18 days before this is "done." And Morgan even testing the waters is scary.

We have 18 days until he announces. I am assuming he signed his papers for this level of information and certainty. That was able to happen this week I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Some people just can’t be happy or take good news. If the crystal balls were flipping toward Vanderbilt and Meyer said he was told it was a done deal Romeo was going there, this board would have melted down. No one would be optimistic that Romeo could change his mind.

It's funny, because 2 months ago, very few on here had any faith in us getting Romeo!

Alternate Life: Juwan leaves for NBA. Romeo chooses Vandy. We get no grad transfers because we waited for Romeo.

Quit fretting —007 has spoken and he has left this Board “shaken —not stirred”! We are “shaking” in anticipation of a Romeo commit and not “stirred” to any anger or depression. Let us stay in our happy place. After the last few years the program has had—we are due for a long run of great news!

It's funny, because 2 months ago, very few on here had any faith in us getting Romeo!

I think the years had many jaded. I didn’t know where he was even leaning until recently, but it just felt like Indiana. I have said that quite a bit. Others felt other locations because of the lens they were lumping this recruitment into. I get where they were coming from and many good discussions were had from those differing views. Glad that some were able to disagree with me and still discuss it without thinking I kicked their cat.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Just as I try not to look at the picture in your username each time you post and it is hard. But she is hot and Romeo is coming so all good in the world. Have a beer tonight knowing IUBB is back

I thought we were back once before.  Hard to convince myself that without seeing sustained success on the court.

6 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Fred Glass jumped all over the “We’re Back!” hype. He couldn’t see what was really going on behind the scenes in the program nor could he evaluate Crean impartially or properly.

I agree. And people made fun of it. I saw Cat fans with shirts mocking it. Saying how they never went anywhere. We didn't either. We just had moronic presidents and athletic directors. 

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

I’ll admit I had trouble thinking we would pull this out. It’s because I felt like Crean made Indiana so uncool that 5 stars didn’t want to come and that would take a while to go away.

I know that sounds silly to say, but we are talking about the decision making of 18 year old kids.  

I’m not sure if Archie makes IU cool, but at least he’s not losing points in that department.  On top of that, I think recruits are buying into his vision of the future.

19 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I think Romeo is coming here because it will be "his team."

I'm not sure it will be his team, but I fully expect he'll be given the green light. It's important everyone know their role and shooters shoot.

I wondered how long it would be until that conspiracy came up.

The "doesn't want to deal with backlash, so he's waiting until his season is over" crowd has to latch onto something else at this point.
Read some of the IU FB pages. There are many that say that. Their are some who don't like Romeo because they waited so to decide and it handcuffed Archie getting other players. I laughed at them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wasn't the info he shared obtained via a PM though. Yogi did not post if intentionally and that sort of suggested you treat it a little differently

I didn't receive a PM from Yogi and read about it in 2 different threads on here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Fred Glass jumped all over the “We’re Back!” hype. He couldn’t see what was really going on behind the scenes in the program nor could he evaluate Crean impartially or properly.

To be fair, at the time I thought Crean was the right coach.  The realization he was in over his head hit like a freight train.

Anyway back to Langford, still not getting my hopes up because been there and done that.