Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Chris came on early and said something changed and he was 98% IU and the announcement was April 30.

A few hours later it came out April 30 would be announcing.

In the mean time Andrew Slater very early switches to IU. Jerry Meyer to IU less than 2 hrs ago.

Also there is talk of TJD reclassifying but sounds like he is a lock as well.

That covers most of it...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thank you! This is all sounds like great news, very encouraging. Romeo, TJD, Hunter, Phinese, Anderson, Thompson and Forester all in one year at IU would be very very impressive for Archie.

6 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

On the TJD re-class subject, I’d like to submit my two cents. Although it would be immediately satisfying to see them both play this upcoming season, I think it might be better to have TJD in 2019. My reasoning is, I believe them both to be high potential OAD candidates. If so, it stretches that star power over 2 seasons, gives TJ another year of development, and best of all, gives Romeo incentive to stay 2 seasons. I do understand that a class like what we think could potentially happen here in 2018, is rare and maybe we should take the shot at a title while it’s there but, I see upside either way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would not be shabby if 2018 star power was Romeo and TJD followed by Brooks and Watford in 2019!!

So, any chance they move up announcement since Romeo not playing in Hoops Summit this weekend. Understanding he is in concussion protocol after the nasty elbow Sunday?

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Had not heard that. I wonder the same though, I think the announcement today was a big step for them. Gives them a couple hype weeks too.

4 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

So, any chance they move up announcement since Romeo not playing in Hoops Summit this weekend. Understanding he is in concussion protocol after the nasty elbow Sunday?

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Highly doubtful. The school has been working hard to get everything together for the 30th now. There is enough time in between I guess to change, but I reached out to a New Albany rep when I saw the news and they said "not a chance". Could still happen though I guess.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Regardless of who he signs with, this definitely destroys any "Romeo didn't want to commit during his season because of the blowback" takes. Either he's signing with us, or he's not scared of blowback in the slightest. 

No now they will say he is waiting until after MR Basketball is announced on the 29th.

Just now, ViaSwiss said:

No now they will say he is waiting until after MR Basketball is announced on the 29th.

Voting already closed; so that's a pretty easy narrative to dismiss if the naysayers choose it.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

GUYS:

If we get Romeo and another good player we will be in position where some good players won’t see much PT next year.

And I LOVE this problem. The “cream” will rise to the top.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm fantasizing about a Matthew Hurt reclass right now

I'm fantasizing about a Matthew Hurt reclass right now

Honestly, me too but it’s too hard for me to imagine. It’s the #1 dream scenario.

Romeo and just Romeo still has me pretty stoked. Especially if DeRon can get healthy and better.