Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

16 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Am I the only one pissed that over the past week Kentucky has signed 2 5 stars and Duke has recruit #1,2,3 in the bag and we as fans are supposed to believe they are clean because they are Nike schools.

WTF NCAA!!!!!!! Why ONLY Adidas????

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Because Crean didn't have anything solid on any Nike guys!

U know coz IU -Adidas

If Adidas approached all those other schools however they did, front channels, back channels.  Somebody musta approached somebody at IU.

Because Crean didn't have anything solid on any Nike guys!
U know coz IU -Adidas
If Adidas approached all those other schools however they did, front channels, back channels.  Somebody musta approached somebody at IU.

Seriously though. Haha. Crean was involved with a lot of these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Ok since things have slowed down a little I wondered if you could explain a little more how you are at a 98% confidence level even though he may not commit for 2.5 weeks.

I would think that a 98% level means all the ducks are lined up and we are just waiting on the best date in the near future. Nearer than the end of the month.

I am not doubting you, just curious about the end of month timing and the high confidence level.

As I said earlier I moved it up to 98% because of who I heard it from. This person said last day of the month but we've heard rumors of it being sooner. The banquet is the 26th for New Albany so maybe he will wait till after that. I'm hoping it's this weekend. All ducks would have to be lined up for me to know this. 

25 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

So do you think vandy and the ad are basically out?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes I think they're out but I did leave a 2% chance for something crazy to happen. They might not know it yet but I think they have a pretty good idea about it.

18 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

I think I have thrown the conspiracy out before.. but there is collusion between Nike the FBI and the NCAA. Arizona was the "oh a big time NIKE school is involved" but that was to help Oregon basketball.

More speculation Crean could have sparked the FBI investigation by taking everything he knew about the shady recruiting dealings involving Adidas schools and just one Nike school after he got fired.  I am not saying this is what happened, just throwing out the possibility in brainstorm/focus group fashion where there is no wrong answer. 

The only Nike school named in the investigation just so happens to be coached by the brother of the man who took Crean's job. 

More vindication.

O this is 2 much fun!

42 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Guys we should just pack it up. I mean how could you compete with this

IMG_2768.jpg

So basically it boils down to:

1.  Be a part of a really good freshman class (I still don't know who the 4th "fantastic" player would be).

2. Play for a coach that played in the NBA for a short time.

3. Play in one of the top 5 or 6 conferences in CBB

All are positives for VU, but nothing that could outweigh what IU or KU offer.  Honestly, the only real appeal I've ever seen for Romeo to play at VU is to play with two other burger boys (albeit on an otherwise lackluster team). 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I think they're out but I did leave a 2% chance for something crazy to happen. They might not know it yet but I think they have a pretty good idea about it.

That is so funny given they the vandy guys were talking even a few weeks ago how they were going to get Romeo and Montgomery and be a final four team. I love it! Garland and Drew are going to need therapy after this.

All Archie needed to be a big time success were the resources and prestige IU can provide him that a school like Dayton could not. He’s young enough to be able to build quite the dynasty for the next 25-30 years. Obviously it’s great to know we can now get 5 stars at a steady pace, but to be able to COACH them, too?? Heaven 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I find the "join the greatest class in Vandy history" thing as a reason to go there pretty hilarious. That's like saying "be the best restaurant on the street" when the only other restaurants are a McDonald's, Burger King, and a gas station hot dog.

Yeah... definitely a "tallest midget" type of pitch. I'm sure Drew has a better selling point than that but the fan board is embarrassing.