Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I get a couple of customers at work and can’t check my phone for a few hours and come back to this. Holy hell. Probably doesn’t mean anything for Kansas in the future but this has to help Us for Romeo and maybe even Hurt next year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah and someone this afternoon was commenting on how slow the news day was ... It was super quiet until about 5 pm.

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Silvio De Sousa appears to be caught in this, too.

Indictment references a “surprise” commitment decision on August 30, 2017. See the photos:

Later, the indictment says that a college coach asked for $20,000 to pay the player to override a previous deal the player had made.
Tom Martin

From my Sleuthing it looks like the  previous $20,000 deal was potentially paid by the University of Maryland.

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I agree but look at how Arizona is getting around. I hope all cheaters get caught and nailed to the wall but not holding my breath

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

The probe isn't done.  And it's not going to be as easy for the NCAA to sweep it under the rug since the FBI is involved.

33 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah and the list is much longer. Cliff Alexander comes to mind too. Heck, even transfers like Newman and Lawson. Bet they got signing bonuses as well.

Newman got paid twice. Haha. Mississippi State then at Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably a stretch, but could wind of these revelations have influenced the decisions of the two KU players to enter the draft (i.e. get out of Dodge)?

Also, don't look now but we're barreling in on 600 pages!

All the kansas fans are laughing at this. I thought about it for a second and now i agree. Ncaa dont give a damn so i think this is a non issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Kanssas is one of the untouchables like North Carolina. Slap on the wrist at most.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Am I the only one pissed that over the past week Kentucky has signed 2 5 stars and Duke has recruit #1,2,3 in the bag and we as fans are supposed to believe they are clean because they are Nike schools.

WTF NCAA!!!!!!! Why ONLY Adidas????

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You are giving the NCAA too much credit.  It's the FBI who busted the adidas schools.  NCAA didn't do anything.

The probe isn't done.  And it's not going to be as easy for the NCAA to sweep it under the rug since the FBI is involved.
Ncaa has proved they are corrupt and inept. They will dare not touch Kansas. Expect business as usual for bill self.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

All th allegations are out there but to this point has the NCAA even commented? If and when any penalties are ever levied on any of the programs involved, Romeo and the upcoming class will probabaly be long gone.. How long did it take the NCAA to do NOTHING about the UNC cheating scandal?

From ESPN (Kansas playing the victim game)
Kansas released a statement later Tuesday: "Earlier today, we learned that the University of Kansas is named as a victim in a federal indictment. The indictment does not suggest any wrongdoing by the university, its coaches or its staff. We will cooperate fully with investigators in this matter. Because this is an active investigation, it is not appropriate for us to comment further at this time."

5 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

All th allegations are out there but to this point has the NCAA even commented? If and when any penalties are ever levied on any of the programs involved, Romeo and the upcoming class will probabaly be long gone.. How long did it take the NCAA to do NOTHING about the UNC cheating scandal?

They have convened a blue-ribbon committee to study the issue and conclude that it's outside the NCAA's purview.....ok, that was my commentary. What he actually said: "

Emmert noted that the formation of an independent Commission on College Basketball in October intended to provide recommendations on cleaning up the sport.

"With these latest allegations, it's clear this work is more important now than ever," the NCAA president said."

It’s not about the NCAA to this point. The schools that have been named haven’t been able to land recruits since this came out due to the uncertainty. Kansas will be the test, but this scandal is why the Langford’s dropped UL which is where he goes if this never came out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Kansas released a statement later Tuesday: "Earlier today, we learned that the University of Kansas is named as a victim in a federal indictment. The indictment does not suggest any wrongdoing by the university, its coaches or its staff. We will cooperate fully with investigators in this matter. Because this is an active investigation, it is not appropriate for us to comment further at this time."

Well, clearly they know the drill - Deny, deny, deny and never self report.

30 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Isn't that precious "Kansas has been named as a VICTIM" , my heart bleeds for them.

35 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

They better get absolutely ripped to shreds. "Named as a victim". What a joke

28 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Isn't that precious "Kansas has been named as a VICTIM" , my heart bleeds for them.

I must say, playing the victim card is a novel approach. Stupid, but novel nonetheless.

I wonder if someone from the English dept. will let the athletic dept know that "victim" doesn't mean what they think it means.