Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

7 minutes ago, hper50 said:

Crazy how it goes from:

Cancelling IU visit, Newman/Vick leaving, KU lock

-to-

Ernest Watford comments, Taylor to NW, good vibes in athl dept, IU lock in a day.

I’m liking where this is going

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What were Watfords comments? I’ve looked through a couple threads and can’t seem to find them.

3 minutes ago, jgries84 said:

It’s amazing how one commitment from Romeo would light a fire under Hoosier Nation and really bring this fan base back together. Exciting times, indeed.

Honestly firing Crean brought a lot of fans back together. There are those that didn't like hiring Archie...... but just firing Crean was the most united the fan base has felt in a long time

Cheaney40: not busting on you; you are a great addition to the board. But, I also don’t expect pap to need to submit a “what I’ve brought” resume to us.
So, to remove pap from that spot, I’ll try to close the issue and pap can weigh in if he likes:

Pap is a moderator, he is not a blowhard...ever, he has real information that the other mods are well aware of, and he is not a smart @$$, a crusty old codger, or anything other than a likable fellow.
So there!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Meant no disrespect... At all... Just hoping to catch up with what everyone else knows

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

What were Watfords comments? I’ve looked through a couple threads and can’t seem to find them.

After the home visit

Pretty interesting quote that @AdamZagoria had from Ernest Watford on Archie's take on Romeo Langford that I'm surprised isn't getting more run on #iubb...

"He thinks he’s real close on Romeo Langford, who we feel like will be game-changer (early) for Archie and the program."

I don't believe there is any info from the Langfords to indicate that Romeo to IU is a done deal. It's mostly the comment from Mr. Watford and the Taylor to Northwestern commit.

There's a lot of reasons for Romeo to IU that make sense. However, this is recruiting and you never know.

I do feel confident in Romeo to Adidas!

Honestly firing Crean brought a lot of fans back together. There are those that didn't like hiring Archie...... but just firing Crean was the most united the fan base has felt in a long time

I would agree to some extent. I felt that Crean firing provided a sense of relief rather than excitement, if nothing more than we didn’t know who our next coach would be. I liked Archie’s hire from day 1; I know others haven’t. Felt he would thrive here. For me Romeo creates a unique excitement we haven’t felt in a long time. Just my two cents.

Wow, this thread really blew up today.

Yeah it did. I was 12 pages behind after a 12 hour absence of lurking. The difference today IMO is there has been some more respectable chirping going on (Pap, another CB pick, etc). I’m feeling pretty confident about IU’s chances now.

Romeo commit would bring the type of excitement that the Zeller commit brought. I'm not sure if next year's team would win 25 games with Romeo like we did Zellers freshman year, but the fan base would be excited and hopefully it could start the rebuilding of the brand or maybe even be the start of a rebranding.

I think it would be more than what Zellers did. We have a legit shot at 3 five stars plus Carton who will end up a five star. Plus guys like Zion Harmon in the future. There is a buzz with Archie and a Romeo commitment just dumps fuel on the fire

This guy just tweeted out Ryan Taylor committed to northwestern. So he was wrong on that. I guess it's Romeo or nothing for it

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

His tweet would be wrong if Romeo goes elsewhere. He didn't say Taylor was for sure coming. He said either/or 1 of the 2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk