Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Nonsense arguement.... scholarship would have been found for RL at KU even if these two didn't leave.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

If the decision to go to Kansas hinged on whether or not they could find a scholarship for him, then yes, it's a senseless discussion; they'd pull one out of the NCAA's arse if they had to.

But because it's likely heavily based on the division of playing time, everyone can assume this clarifies things for Romeo as his decision looms. Everyone can also assume this is nothing but positive for Kansas.

My point earlier is that some media sources and 90% of fans are presenting the situation as if the Langfords hadn't already evaluated this decision with the scenario of ample playing time at Kansas in mind. I think we can all agree they've done just that. It's not a shocking new development to Romeo that flips this situation on it's ear.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Would you guys be cool with us winning a Championship, if you knew we cheated but also knew we wouldnt get in trouble?

I would. I have no shame.

If what you mean by cheating is allowing shoe companies and agents to get ahold of players early like the rest of these power conference teams then absolutely not. Id rather not have to deal with any of it, so when the one and done rule is abolished it will hopefully set up a slightly different climate. But it’s not 1960 anymore and a lot of these successful schools are playing under the “new set of rules”.

I’m a very moral type person to the extreme. The reason I fall on this side of the basketball debate is I truly believe these kids deserve some money.

9 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Curious, you don’t think it is possible that was a conversation between the KU staff and the Langford’s? It very well could have been and these insiders could know that. Just because there wasn’t an article written quoting the Langford’s doesn’t mean nothing has changed and that they are guessing.

I'm not saying there would be an article with quotes from the Langfords. That's kind of my whole point, this recruitment has been so close to the vest and even the people closest to Langford have said they have no idea, so I doubt this Kansas reporter does either. He's making a guess. 

If he had sourced info from the Kansas staff he would most certainly write an article saying "sources close the recruitment tell me Langford was waiting to see if Newman and Vick were going pro, and now is heavily leaning toward Kansas." That article would drive a TON of clicks, which is basically what his job is to do. 

Once again, I'm not saying whether Newman/Vick impacts Langford or not, we have no idea, just saying we shouldn't get all worked up over a few crystal ball picks going that way this week.

My posts on this topic are more to the "darn, looks like Kansas has all the momentum" crowd. 

This! I fully expected Kansas talk to pick up this week simply because their season is over and two guys declared. But, the Kansas talk is actually based on zero real information from the Langford camp. It’s based on nothing but guesses and feeling. 
Not saying Kansas is or isn’t the pick, but any perceived momentum or even crystal ball picks this week aren’t based on any actual information from the people making the decision. 

You knew the Kansas talk would pick up. Vick hasn’t signed with an agent, so it’s not a for sure thing as we all know. Everyone relax, at least a couple more (if not more) to go in this one guys

53 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If what you mean by cheating is allowing shoe companies and agents to get ahold of players early like the rest of these power conference teams then absolutely not. Id rather not have to deal with any of it, so when the one and done rule is abolished it will hopefully set up a slightly different climate. But it’s not 1960 anymore and a lot of these successful schools are playing under the “new set of rules”.

I’m a very moral type person to the extreme. The reason I fall on this side of the basketball debate is I truly believe these kids deserve some money.

And honestly, at the end of the day, it's just freaking basketball.

It's not like anyone is getting hurt or anything.  

I thought Romeo was Kansas bound though? Back on the Vandy bandwagon?

Who me? I'm not on any band wagons. Just putting out relevant information. I still think Vandy. Haven't changed. But it's also a classic Kansas move to keep a recruit interested then sweep in with a Sweeter Deal late in a recruitment. It's happened countless times.

FWIW (little) my CB pick stays with Vandy. If I could pick NotIndiana, I would like that option though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s not relevant information. You posted a screenshot of a tweet from an IU disc jockey.

The attached tweet he was responding to had EJ Montgomery’s home visits listed. It’s relevant to Romeo even though Twitter is saying Kentucky is the leader.

2 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

I still don’t think the Kansas players’ draft decisions were the reason Romeo waited to announce—he will get his share of minutes and shots wherever he goes. This changes very little imo. Kansas was always going to have the better overall talent but even Romeo has to see they tend to underperform annually in the tournament. He will be one of many stars there-but he could be THE star at Vandy or IU. I think in the end he chooses location for his family to see his games and likes the idea of being the In-State Recruit to put IU back in national conversation again. He saw the power and loyalty of the IU fan base at The Hall and at his games and during the recruitment. It takes a special person to endure and embrace that and still thrive. Damon did it. Cody did it. I think Romeo will do it. Hoosiers is still the pick that makes the most sense tor me!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They just got to the final four and i don't think he cares about the underperforming tourney part. Pretty sure you can't sell him on well KU underperforms in the tourney every year while we haven't been in the tourney in 3 yrs....There will be more shots to go around at KU no doubt about it. But there is now less of a rotation of guards at KU which can only help not hurt imo.