Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I'm not surprised nor am I impressed that Kansas now has just the right amount of schollys available.

The cbb world is (so far) receiving this as a bombshell when it was always a high probability those two players would turn pro. In all the evaluating, visiting, planning, etc the Langfords have done this is likely not an unforseen scenario. I'm guessing it's the one they've already planned for.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

40 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Nobody knows anything. All the Kansas talk is still guesses. 

This! I fully expected Kansas talk to pick up this week simply because their season is over and two guys declared. But, the Kansas talk is actually based on zero real information from the Langford camp. It’s based on nothing but guesses and feeling. 

Not saying Kansas is or isn’t the pick, but any perceived momentum or even crystal ball picks this week aren’t based on any actual information from the people making the decision. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This! I fully expected Kansas talk to pick up this week simply because their season is over and two guys declared. But, the Kansas talk is actually based on zero real information from the Langford camp. It’s based on nothing but guesses and feeling. 

Not saying Kansas is or isn’t the pick, but any perceived momentum or even crystal ball picks this week aren’t based on any actual information from the people making the decision. 

But it is based on actual information, that Newman and Vick went pro.  Some people are acting like nothing changed when in fact something did.

It’s not that far fetched that Romeo was waiting to get a better handle on the playing time situation there.  People are saying the Langfords have already considered the potential for this to happen and I totally agree, but that consideration could have been if Vick and Newman go pro then Kansas is the spot.

I have no idea whether PT at Kansas is/was a concern for him. Maybe it’s doesn’t matter at all, but it also may be of major consequence.  It’s definitely not good.

9 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

But it is based on actual information, that Newman and Vick went pro.  Some people are acting like nothing changed when in fact something did.

It’s not that far fetched that Romeo was waiting to get a better handle on the playing time situation there.  People are saying the Langfords have already considered the potential for this to happen and I totally agree, but that consideration could have been if Vick and Newman go pro then Kansas is the spot.

I have no idea whether PT at Kansas is/was a concern for him. Maybe it’s doesn’t matter at all, but it also may be of major consequence.  It’s definitely not good.

But it’s not based on any actual information from the Langford’s. Nobody knows what impact that has on their decision making process. So something like changing a crystal ball because Newman and Vick went pro is a guess, not a change based on information from the recruit or anyone in his camp. 

Pits not from a reporter with sources saying he was told this was something Langford was waiting on, it’s a guess. 

But it’s not based on any actual information from the Langford’s. Nobody knows what impact that has on their decision making process. So something like changing a crystal ball because Newman and Vick went pro is a guess, not a change based on information from the recruit or anyone in his camp. 

Pits not from a reporter with sources saying he was told this was something Langford was waiting on, it’s a guess. 

Agree here. It’s important to remember that the speculation about Langford pushing his commitment back until after his post season games, had something to do with him waiting to see what would happen at Kansas, was just that....Speculation. It was a theory created on a fan message board by a fan...Probably this board in fact. I would caution against getting over excited by this theory. It’s compelling yes, for that matter so was the “backlash” theory. There is no concrete evidence to support the argument. That said, do I wish there was equal evidence to refute the theory? Yes. But, there isn’t. For now I’m putting it away in the same file as the “Vandy-backlash” argument.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

56 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Everything is a guess, who is saying otherwise?

But for someone to say “this doesn’t change anything” there’s no way to know that.

Not true-in my opinion nothing has changed: those two guys were always very likely to have been gone from KU at the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Everything is a guess, who is saying otherwise?

But for someone to say “this doesn’t change anything” there’s no way to know that.

Things aren’t always a guess. It’s possible to have sourced information. There’s nothing sourced, the KU guys didn’t change his pick because he’s heard that it is influencing Langford, he changed his pick because he’s taking a guess that it might. It’s not based on anything known about the Langford’s decision making process. 

Just now, Fkfootball1 said:

Would you guys be cool with us winning a Championship, if you knew we cheated but also knew we wouldnt get in trouble?

I would. I have no shame.

I guess it depends on what you mean by cheating.  A few extra phone calls?  Bumper stickers?  Sure, I'd look the other way.  But strippers and cash payments to players? No way.  I'd rather do things the right way and have no title.

46 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Things aren’t always a guess. It’s possible to have sourced information. There’s nothing sourced, the KU guys didn’t change his pick because he’s heard that it is influencing Langford, he changed his pick because he’s taking a guess that it might. It’s not based on anything known about the Langford’s decision making process. 

I don't think we are saying anything that is mutually exclusive.  My point is that it's tough to say with any reasonably certainty that Vick and Newman going pro is a non issue,  because of the point you made...we don't know what factors the Langfords are considering.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Not true-in my opinion nothing has changed: those two guys were always very likely to have been gone from KU at the end of the season.

It still needed to actually happen even if they thought it was going to.  What if they both stayed? You don't think that could have potentially affected his decision?

The only way "nothing has changed" is true is if he never cared what they did in the first place.  That very well could be the case, but none of us have any way of knowing that.

22 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I don't think we are saying anything that is mutually exclusive.  My point is that it's tough to say with any reasonably certainty that Vick and Newman going pro is a non issue,  because of the point you made...we don't know what factors the Langfords are considering.

Absolutely, what we’re saying isn’t much different. Newman and Vick going pro might help Kansas, or it might not. We don’t know. I’m just saying a Kansas writer doesn’t either, and switching his crystal ball is no real indicator of anything. 

Curious, you don’t think it is possible that was a conversation between the KU staff and the Langford’s? It very well could have been and these insiders could know that. Just because there wasn’t an article written quoting the Langford’s doesn’t mean nothing has changed and that they are guessing.