Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

8 hours ago, indianaranger said:

Everything points to Vandy  wish he would go ahead and let the staff know so we can move on to other players for next season.Archie has done remarkable job with this recruitment just got in a little late to build that relationship.

Still waiting for you to back this up.  I’m curious about the signs to Vandy.

Edited by CrimsonV

Still waiting for you to back this up.  I’m curious about the signs to Vandy.

For me.... no facts but instincts.

1. Indiana hasn’t won a player like Romeo since Gordon. Will Archie play the 5 star game? Sampson was willing of course. Kansas is one of the Kings of 5 star recruiting. Vanderbilt is quickly proving to be willing to accept the risks and play the game. I think Archie would be the same way Sean is, but has Sean’s year disturbed this?

2. Garland and Romeo are friends who have fun together and have played together. Rumors existed early on they would want to play together. Took official visits to Vandy and Indiana TOGETHER.

3. Vandy people predicted the Shittu commit with full confidence early on after Garland committed. Many of those same people have said Romeo to Vandy from around the same timeframe.

4. The biggest debate is why continue to wait? Lots of theories here and I have my own but really not facts to back anything up. It’s been discussed ad nauseum.

To me the things that are pro Indiana:

1. Archie is still trying to recruit him. So Archie thinks we have a chance.

2. The announcement location seems to favor IU but could mean anything.

For me, the most overriding factor affecting my decision is Archie’s willingness and ability to do what it takes to land a high rated 5 star. Past history at Indiana says no, but Archie is blazing his own trail.

We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Archie Miller is implementing a system that will win, starting next year, with or without Romeo Langford. That’s not a knock on Romeo Langford; it’s more of a reminder that the sky is not falling no matter what he does.

In fact, it’s just the opposite; there are very bright days for IUBB on the horizon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m not sure how much we will win next year without Romeo. We need a scorer and Romeo fits the bill. I’m not sold on any of the other freshmen being able to step on the court day 1 and put up double digit points per game. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Archie Miller is implementing a system that will win, starting next year, with or without Romeo Langford. That’s not a knock on Romeo Langford; it’s more of a reminder that the sky is not falling no matter what he does.

In fact, it’s just the opposite; there are very bright days for IUBB on the horizon.

I'm not sure if the winning starts next year but I do agree about right days ahead. Now if we can get a dead eye shooter grad transfer I might agree with you. 

For me.... no facts but instincts.

1. Indiana hasn’t won a player like Romeo since Gordon. Will Archie play the 5 star game? Sampson was willing of course. Kansas is one of the Kings of 5 star recruiting. Vanderbilt is quickly proving to be willing to accept the risks and play the game. I think Archie would be the same way Sean is, but has Sean’s year disturbed this?

2. Garland and Romeo are friends who have fun together and have played together. Rumors existed early on they would want to play together. Took official visits to Vandy and Indiana TOGETHER.

3. Vandy people predicted the Shittu commit with full confidence early on after Garland committed. Many of those same people have said Romeo to Vandy from around the same timeframe.

4. The biggest debate is why continue to wait? Lots of theories here and I have my own but really not facts to back anything up. It’s been discussed ad nauseum.

To me the things that are pro Indiana:

1. Archie is still trying to recruit him. So Archie thinks we have a chance.

2. The announcement location seems to favor IU but could mean anything.

For me, the most overriding factor affecting my decision is Archie’s willingness and ability to do what it takes to land a high rated 5 star. Past history at Indiana says no, but Archie is blazing his own trail.

We’ll see.

I think it's higher up than Archie re: playing the game to recruit 5* kids.

I believe Archie will land 5* kids here and there but will be the low end 5* and upper end 4* kids. It take$ a lot to land most of those 5* kids.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My Bro and I were talking today. He was saying how good McBob will be next year, etc....

And here I am thinking.... we need more talent to force McBob to the bench.

Both of us are probably right but sometimes there are 2 ways to skin a cat.

We will survive without Romeo. I won’t even freak about it in the slightest.

NOW, I do want to land 5 stars SOON and preferably the ones from Indiana would be a good way to start.

If no Romeo, get the best grad transfer on the market.......move on.

Figure what we have to do to get TJD or my Man Crush from Minnesota!

I would think McRoberts would compliment Romeo incredibly well if we don't get a transfer like Taylor. Has a spot up 3 and can guard the other teams best wing, so Romeo can hopefully stay away from fouls and create some TOs playing off the ball defensively. 

Looks like my post stirred the Romeo pot a bit.
So, I’ll tell you how we’ll win next year:
Size, talent, depth, experience, defense, focus, team chemistry, coaching.
All those things are (undeniably?) true, and when you improve on a 9-9 B1G team with a top tier defense, wins happen.

I think it's higher up than Archie re: playing the game to recruit 5* kids.

I believe Archie will land 5* kids here and there but will be the low end 5* and upper end 4* kids. It take$ a lot to land most of those 5* kids.

Its a matter of having relationship$ with those those that are willing to offer the perk$.

World Wide Wes say hello.

Sean was willing to roll with these folks. Is Archie now?

It’s all about having relationships and scratching one another’s back so everyone can make a buck.

3 minutes ago, HoosierDribbler said:

How many 5* on the court for the Michigan-Loyola game?

I believe Matthews on Michigan was one.

Edit:  Nevermind.... looked it up.  he was a 4 star.

Edited by CrimsonV

Looks like my post stirred the Romeo pot a bit.
So, I’ll tell you how we’ll win next year:
Size, talent, depth, experience, defense, focus, team chemistry, coaching.
All those things are (undeniably?) true, and when you improve on a 9-9 B1G team with a top tier defense, wins happen.

Exactly. Just because romeo doesnt come to IU, there are still plenty of players that will fit that system. Another zeisloft alone could open up so many things for the rest of the offense, especially if Morgan stays. I'm also really excited about a point guard that studies the games before he gets here, a pass first point guard at that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BtownBanners mobile app