Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've made far bigger decisions in my life and it didn't take me nearly this long.  We're talking about where he's going to spend less than 10 months of his life.  I've known plenty of people who have met and gotten married in under 6 months.

What decisions have you made that are bigger? Sounds like you know people who have made some pretty bad decisions. 

When I was going to college I was trying to decide between three schools and had paid the $50 dollar or whatever housing deposit at each because I couldn't decide. I even signed up to room with someone at a different school if I went there. Took me til May to decide because I was being pulled in different directions by friends, but at the end of the day my parents pushed me toward the obvious best choice which was IU.

Point being: high schoolers are indecisive and the kid probably hasn't made up his mind. He's probably signed something at every school to reserve a room. His Dad being in the corner of IU is huge. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sounds awful ... maybe that's why the divorce rate is so high?

And no you haven't made far bigger decisions and certainly not ones that have as much financial impact as this could. 

Romeo could go to Evansville and he'd be a top 10 pick next year if he wants.  He's going to make 10s of millions no matter what. 

It's so funny you pretend like you have ever made a decision of this magnitude in your life lol honestly I hope you never stop posting. It's amusing. 

I had full academic scholarship offers to Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Miami of Ohio, Illinois, Michigan State, and Ohio State.

It didn’t take me very long to pick because I always wanted to go to Indiana. Decision was nearly instantaneous, but I knew what I wanted.
(Romeo doesn’t have that luxury because Louisville was supposedly that school, which is even more reason to wait things out as long as possible)

However, the gut decision is made very quickly by kids and most adults. He is going by his timetable to make sure nothing unexpected happens before he announces, but it’s my strong opinion his GUT decision has been made for a while and he is letting things play out before announcing to eliminate anything unexpected.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

52 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I am going with the view that he wants Vandy and his father wants IU. I think that sentiment has been expressed on here before. What we don’t know is how much influence Tim has over Romeo’s decision.

This is how I feel about it, too, but am not discounting Kansas just yet.

While this might be the biggest decision he has made in in his life to date, most adults have made way bigger decisions in their life and he will make plenty bigger ones as he gets older.

As one person alluded to, does it really matter that much where he chooses to go out of the 3 schools he is deciding from? He is likely a top 15 pick next year no matter where he goes and will make millions and make bigger decisions like who to marry and if he wants to bring a life into this world and what businesses he will start/invest in etc that will have a much more importance and lasting impact on him than where he lived when he was 18 for 9 months

My future son-in-law was still uncertain about attending the college he picked up to just a few days before he left for school.  He even changed his mind and contacted his runner-up about going there, and had arrangements made to switch schools, but then ultimately made his mind up to attend his original choice.  Which sucks for me because his college is in California,  and his runner-up was IU, and it looks like my daughter is going to follow him out to California instead of IU.  I can understand what Romeo is going through. 

41 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I had full academic scholarship offers to Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Miami of Ohio, Illinois, Michigan State, and Ohio State.

It didn’t take me very long to pick because I always wanted to go to Indiana. Decision was nearly instantaneous, but I knew what I wanted.
(Romeo doesn’t have that luxury because Louisville was supposedly that school, which is even more reason to wait things out as long as possible)

However, the gut decision is made very quickly by kids and most adults. He is going by his timetable to make sure nothing unexpected happens before he announces, but it’s my strong opinion his GUT decision has been made for a while and he is letting things play out before announcing to eliminate anything unexpected.

I'm disappointed that you applied to Purdue. :103:

College basketball teams can change so quickly that waiting makes sense for the player. Transfers, kids going to the NBA, coaches leaving, and now you have FBI issues.

Let's say he was leaning heavily towards IU and playing alongside Morgan. If Morgan decides he is going to leave and go make $ playing ball that could dramatically change his opinion on coming to IU.

Morgan may want to stay and play another year but if some euro league offers him some big money maybe he decides to cash in while healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I know its hard for some  to fathom, but not every person approaches the decision making process in the same way.  Some people take in information and make decisions very quickly and decisively, while others take there time and often find it hard to commit.  If Romeo falls into the second group, I don't think it would be unreasonable to think that he really doesn't know where he wants to go yet.  Sometimes you need a deadline to force that decision, and because that deadline hasn't come yet he can continue to put it off.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What decisions have you made that are bigger? Sounds like you know people who have made some pretty bad decisions. 

Oh whether to go to IU and attend Kelley or go to Purdue and be an engineer.  Whether to go to med school or law school.  Whether to borrow 250k to attend an Ivy league law school or take a full ride and attend Maurer or ND.  I made all of these decisions with a couple months all would have significant ramifications on the next 60 years of my life.

We are talking about where Romeo is going to attend school for 8 months before packing his bags and heading to the NBA.  Again, he'll be a top 10 pick no matter which school he chooses.  Eric Gordon made possibly the worst choice he could have due to Sampsongate but it had no impact.  He'd still be in the same position he's in today regardless of where he went.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've made far bigger decisions in my life and it didn't take me nearly this long.  We're talking about where he's going to spend less than 10 months of his life.  I've known plenty of people who have met and gotten married in under 6 months.

I imagine a ton of them wished they had taken more time.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Romeo could go to Evansville and he'd be a top 10 pick next year if he wants.  He's going to make 10s of millions no matter what. 

Then why doesn't he?

"I've made important decisions in my life, so that means everyone should operate on how I think they should do things..  but he's going to Vandy..some people get married quick, and that has a lot of impact on Romeo" 

-dbmhoosier 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why did you quote me?

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Oh whether to go to IU and attend Kelley or go to Purdue and be an engineer.  Whether to go to med school or law school.  Whether to borrow 250k to attend an Ivy league law school or take a full ride and attend Maurer or ND.  I made all of these decisions with a couple months all would have significant ramifications on the next 60 years of my life.

We are talking about where Romeo is going to attend school for 8 months before packing his bags and heading to the NBA.  Again, he'll be a top 10 pick no matter which school he chooses.  Eric Gordon made possibly the worst choice he could have due to Sampsongate but it had no impact.  He'd still be in the same position he's in today regardless of where he went.

While it may seem like Romeo is golden regardless of where he spends his year of college, I would argue that that's not necessarily true. Many McDonalds All-Americans have flamed out in the past. I forget who posted the numbers on here, but a sizeable portion of them never get more than a few cups of coffee in the NBA. What if that happens to Romeo? I don't expect it to, but he wouldn't be the first "can't miss" recruit to flop. Imo, where he goes to college is very important, and I commend him for not rushing into a decision.