Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

8 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Last thing I’ll say on the subject of dorms in this thread, but I guarantee if you asked our players about living in normal dorms or dorms like UK has they would pick the UK dorms 10/10 times

That's quite the guarantee. Agree to disagree then. 

30 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Then you don’t want to be elite. We can’t consider IU basketball a blueblood and expect to compete for championships every year if that is the attitude we have. And I believe that is the attitude that he IU administration has. Nebraska and Louisville have better practice facilities for cryin’ out loud!

If building basketball specific dorms is the cost of being elite, then I guess I'm not willing to be elite.  I'll still root for the team regardless.  Apologies if that makes me any less of a fan.

15 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

If building basketball specific dorms is the cost of being elite, then I guess I'm not willing to be elite.  I'll still root for the team regardless.  Apologies if that makes me any less of a fan.

Doesn’t make you less of a fan. 

My opinion on the subject is college basketball is a business. Basketball/football pay for all the other sports. So you need to treat it as such. When you struggle you make less $$. When you do well you make $$ and it also increases applicants to the university. Basketball is a window to IU for the outside world. It behooves IU to make IU basketball as good as it can be. Why not go all out and be on par with the rest of the elite schools on facilities. If I had my choice I’d rather have a chef and plush living. Especially if I’m not a one and done. I might not ever get to live in luxury again. 

2 hours ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I agree with the player dorms and facilities but I don’t know about the chef part. Maybe I’m old school but I would want my kid to learn how to take care of himself and be a functioning adult. We have a coaching staff that really covers every aspect of player and character development. I’m proud of that. 

I'll disagree with you a bit on the chef thing. While yes in college kids learn how to function as adults and part of that is getting your own meals, but most (most, not all) kids leave college knowing how to prepare Ramen noodles and order pizza's, etc. With an in-house chef players are being exposed to foods they probably normally wouldn't be exposed to, and are learning about nutrition and what the proper foods, prepared the correct ways can provide for your health, performance, etc. 

They probably learn more about food and cooking this way as opposed to being left to their own devices. 

Yeah, jake can forever burry his head in his butt but it is all out there for the world to see. Kansas is and has been a cheating cesspool and gotten worse under self. The list of BS is miles long. The NCAA wanted nothing to do with it including players crashing lambos on campus but hopefully the fbi corrects it all soon

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nice comment but you don't even have the facts straight. The FBI isn't going after the schools they could care less about college athletics they are investigating the agency

Sent from my VS988 using BtownBanners mobile app

Doesn’t make you less of a fan. 
My opinion on the subject is college basketball is a business. Basketball/football pay for all the other sports. So you need to treat it as such. When you struggle you make less $$. When you do well you make $$ and it also increases applicants to the university. Basketball is a window to IU for the outside world. It behooves IU to make IU basketball as good as it can be. Why not go all out and be on par with the rest of the elite schools on facilities. If I had my choice I’d rather have a chef and plush living. Especially if I’m not a one and done. I might not ever get to live in luxury again. 

But can they treat them different? I thought IU as a University did not allow the AD office to make that happen.

6 hours ago, BH33 said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/romeo-langford-goes-in-depth-on-recruiting-at-mcdonald-s-all-american

Paraphrasing on what stands out...

Indiana: Coach Miller. Coach Schilling and the skill development guys he had at UCLA.

Vanderbilt: Drewfus played in the league and runs a pro system.

Kansas: History with big guards

The little pause between Indiana and all stars at around 1:15 almost made me jump out of my seat

As my first year IU torts professor (shoutout to Prof Dworkin) said:

If you look at the weather forecast before bed and hear that there will be 8 inches of snow falling, and then wake up in the morning to see eight inches of snow on your lawn, it's circumstantial evidence that the snow fell from the sky.

It is, however, compelling circumstantial evidence. 
Players like Billy Preston, Josh Selby, Cliff Alexander, Josh Jackson, and so many others at Kansas have compelling circumstances that very strongly indicate they were paid by some entity, at a minimum a shoe company or agent. That doesn't mean that the evidence has been fully vetted, or that the KU staff was part of the payments or discussion. But the KU staff could see the compelling circumstantial evidence as easily (in fact, more easily) than we could.

Wonder how the classes went when Roy was the coach!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Nice comment but you don't even have the facts straight. The FBI isn't going after the schools they could care less about college athletics they are investigating the agency

Sent from my VS988 using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s all connected and makes no difference what the FBI is probing for, if they uncover that Pitino was paying a player to come to Louisville, the school and NCAA has no choice but to act.

The NCAA would never have uncovered that without he FBI and same for Kansas

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think it was to Dunnhill than the Villas. It's right behind the convenient store. Now they just to hurry and get it finished. It looks like they are behind schedule of being move in ready in August.

Can confirm it was Dunnhill apartments. Drove by it yesterday and let me tell you, it doesn't look ready for August at all.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Can confirm it was Dunnhill apartments. Drove by it yesterday and let me tell you, it doesn't look ready for August at all.

Yes I have heard they are worried they won't be done in time and will be offering people money for a hotel in August. 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I have heard they are worried they won't be done in time and will be offering people money for a hotel in August. 

WOW! That would get quite expensive depending on how many apartments aren't finished, and how long into August it'd take. 

He’s very good, game comes easy. As for where he’s going, he’s maybe the single hardest to read recruit I’ve covered in almost 20 years in the business.

Eric Bossi

This was his answer when asked how good and where is Romeo going

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners