Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

12 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Indiana doesn't need to be Kansas to compete with Kansas. Many athletes won't want to be completely separated from the normal student body and only ever surrounded by their team. A one and done factory where the players crash Lambos? Maybe it makes sense for them to live in a resort on a pedastal away from the peasants. I don't think Indiana wants or needs to be that kind of program. Provide top notch facilities, which we currently do and continue to provide, and let them be college students if they want. I think our locker room needs a revamp, but otherwise we're offering top tier facilities. Let Kansas and UK cater to the individuals who only want the posh lifestyle.

I don't think we need or want to be Kansas either but if we want 5* recruits, it is our competition.  Kansas isn't going away any time soon.  Some recruits will want it and some won't and that is ok.  We just can't fall too far behind or neglect things like it sounds like we have our locker rooms.  Even though, I've heard the Cook Hall locker rooms are in great shape?  

17 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Indiana doesn't need to be Kansas to compete with Kansas. Many athletes won't want to be completely separated from the normal student body and only ever surrounded by their team. A one and done factory where the players crash Lambos? Maybe it makes sense for them to live in a resort on a pedastal away from the peasants. I don't think Indiana wants or needs to be that kind of program. Provide top notch facilities, which we currently do and continue to provide, and let them be college students if they want. I think our locker room needs a revamp, but otherwise we're offering top tier facilities. Let Kansas and UK cater to the individuals who only want the posh lifestyle.

I get what you’re saying, but it’s not like those guys at Kansas and UK are “separate” from the student body. I’m sure they mingle and do everything that other normal college students do too. Just like here. That doesn’t change because they have their own dorms.

Sometimes I think our hatred for other schools like UK, Kansas, Duke, etc. really prevents rational thinking by otherwise really intelligent posters. My 2 cents anyway.

3 hours ago, BH33 said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/romeo-langford-goes-in-depth-on-recruiting-at-mcdonald-s-all-american

Paraphrasing on what stands out...

Indiana: Coach Miller. Coach Schilling and the skill development guys he had at UCLA.

Vanderbilt: Drewfus played in the league and runs a pro system.

Kansas: History with big guards

Gotta love his T-shirt - interesting....hmmm

12 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I get what you’re saying, but it’s not like those guys at Kansas and UK are “separate” from the student body. I’m sure they mingle and do everything that other normal college students do too. Just like here. That doesn’t change because they have their own dorms.

Sometimes I think our hatred for other schools like UK, Kansas, Duke, etc. really prevents rational thinking by otherwise really intelligent posters. My 2 cents anyway.

WOW do I ever disagree!

The UK players dorm is NOT a place for the players to "mingle and do everything other normal college students do." And do I have evidence of that? Boy do I ever:

16 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Stu summed up my thoughts, but the players are completely separated both physically and mentally from the regular student body, based on what I've read.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is the apartment complex that Morgan, Davis, Green, and Blackmon just signed a lease at. It’s brand new, and it’s covered by their scholarships. It’s better than what Kansas and Kentucky offer, imo, and it’s right across the street from the football stadium.

https://www.evolvebloomington.com/bloomington/evolve-bloomington/photos/

5a58e361cfd363.65037415716.thumb.jpg.14d1193d682a95731bff8ece4b550778.jpgfre.thumb.jpg.242d74040940eece461360a136a668c2.jpgreaafdh.thumb.jpg.776e55e5678704d828def30774006254.jpgthumbNailer.jpg.eaaac9d9dfc943b1d033523c7426d1a9.jpg

Is this what they did to The Villas??

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think it was to Dunnhill than the Villas. It's right behind the convenient store. Now they just to hurry and get it finished. It looks like they are behind schedule of being move in ready in August.

13 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

The Villas are still there, as far as i know at least. I think there was another older apartment complex by the stadium that the company tore down to build this new one.

Then you don’t want to be elite. We can’t consider IU basketball a blueblood and expect to compete for championships every year if that is the attitude we have. And I believe that is the attitude that he IU administration has. Nebraska and Louisville have better practice facilities for cryin’ out loud!

Lmao Nebraska has better practice facilities than CH? Good for them if they do. I am sure it was that way when CH was built. As for Louisville I would hope they do. They had the largest basketball budget in the country and it’s most profitable. If you want change donate the money and tell them how to spend it. Pretty easy actually. If you can’t donate the money how can you sit there and ***** about how they spend their money when you have no clue where the money goes?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Then you don’t want to be elite. We can’t consider IU basketball a blueblood and expect to compete for championships every year if that is the attitude we have. And I believe that is the attitude that he IU administration has. Nebraska and Louisville have better practice facilities for cryin’ out loud!

Our practice facilities aren't good? I thought you just had a problem with the locker rooms.

28 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

I think living in dorms your freshmen year with a bunch of people you've never met and wouldn't necessarily hang out with is part of what makes college great.  It may be uncomfortable at first, but it builds character and forces you to grow up more quickly.  Personally, I think that part of the college experience is nearly as important as the classes themselves.  If the players lived in separate dorms, they just won't get that.  Call me old fashioned, but if they want to be student athletes I think they should actually live with other students.  If that loses us some recruits then so be it.

I mean, it’s not like those guys are confined to their dorms. I guarantee they go out and hang with other students in their dorms and have other students come to theirs. You guys are making it sound like they are completely separate entities and I just don’t believe that’s the case. 

6 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Cook Hall is just fine. It has a renovated weight room, two practice courts, very nice video room, coaches office and everything you need to succeed. The only thing that IU is behind on is a really nice locker room. Where did that nice practice facility get Duke, Nebraska, UK this year?

If players want to get better they will be in Cook Hall getting better all summer long. 

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

WOW do I ever disagree!

The UK players dorm is NOT a place for the players to "mingle and do everything other normal college students do." And do I have evidence of that? Boy do I ever:

Yes, the dorms are much better than the average student dorm. That’s not my point.

You guys are treating this like the players never get out of them and don’t mingle with other students. That they aren’t getting the “true” college experience and I think that’s false. But we can agree to disagree on this one :)

I mean, it’s not like those guys are confined to their dorms. I guarantee they go out and hang with other students in their dorms and have other students come to theirs. You guys are making it sound like they are completely separate entities and I just don’t believe that’s the case. 

They have badge access to their dorm building with security watching who comes and goes and when at the front. I guarantee if Cal felt a stud player had hanger on types that were creating issues it would stop.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Your failure is in assuming there is only one path to become elite. That is why you will not win this argument.

Last thing I’ll say on the subject of dorms in this thread, but I guarantee if you asked our players about living in normal dorms or dorms like UK has they would pick the UK dorms 10/10 times