Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

*you're

Sorry, that's always been a pet peeve of mine. If you don't know which one to use, you can always substitute "you are" and see if it makes sense.

"Our" and "are" also are not the same.....hell while we're at it "their" and "they're" also not the same.

Yeah, jake can forever burry his head in his butt but it is all out there for the world to see. Kansas is and has been a cheating cesspool and gotten worse under self. The list of BS is miles long. The NCAA wanted nothing to do with it including players crashing lambos on campus but hopefully the fbi corrects it all soon

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/romeo-langford-goes-in-depth-on-recruiting-at-mcdonald-s-all-american

Paraphrasing on what stands out...

Indiana: Coach Miller. Coach Schilling and the skill development guys he had at UCLA.

Vanderbilt: Drewfus played in the league and runs a pro system.

Kansas: History with big guards

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/romeo-langford-goes-in-depth-on-recruiting-at-mcdonald-s-all-american
Paraphrasing on what stands out...
Indiana: Coach Miller. Coach Schilling and the skill development guys he had at UCLA.
Vanderbilt: Drewfus played in the league and runs a pro system.
Kansas: History with big guards

I liked that he referenced Coach Schilling’s player development as opposed to just us being closest to home

That was a good interview, I watched it earlier this morning. 

The most interesting thing for me was that one school has stood out.

This has nothing to do with the interview but I was just thinking, if I had the chance to be close to my family for one more year before going pro,  I think I would Stay home and enjoy them along with my friends. NBA life will be a full time job and unless he plays for the Pacers he won’t be home much.

Let's be honest with each other.  Drew did have a stunning NBA career; one that Romeo will likely want to mirror. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drewbr01.html.

Outside of an easy jab at Bryce Drew for being a clear "NBA guy", I see this interview being a ++ for IU.  Then again, I do wear crimson goggles on occasion.

7 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I think Cliff Marshall can be an X factor in this. I mean he takes our players to the store to show them what food to buy to maximize their training. Life lessons. 

Great point!  Sure looks good to Mom!  Although, Kansas may have a store in the dorms for their players.  Or even chefs??  :)

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/ku-basketball-photos-videos/article104314006.html 

Yeah, jake can forever burry his head in his butt but it is all out there for the world to see. Kansas is and has been a cheating cesspool and gotten worse under self. The list of BS is miles long. The NCAA wanted nothing to do with it including players crashing lambos on campus but hopefully the fbi corrects it all soon

I've never rooted for duke but I did yesterday.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Could not agree more. It's an arms race out there we gotta start building some ships. 

I agree with the player dorms and facilities but I don’t know about the chef part. Maybe I’m old school but I would want my kid to learn how to take care of himself and be a functioning adult. We have a coaching staff that really covers every aspect of player and character development. I’m proud of that. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Could not agree more. It's an arms race out there we gotta start building some ships. 

Something just feels wrong to me if we go down that road. I agree that's the path to compete year in and year out with the top teams in collegiate athletics. But that also seems to be getting further and further away from the purpose of the university. Should we do more to attract the top high school athletes or to attract the top high school scholars? While I can enjoy both, I take more pride in the rankings of the university than I do the basketball or football team.

16 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I agree with the player dorms and facilities but I don’t know about the chef part. Maybe I’m old school but I would want my kid to learn how to take care of himself and be a functioning adult. We have a coaching staff that really covers every aspect of player and character development. I’m proud of that. 

I agree completely with you on the chef part.  I was just pointing out that those services were probably available but didn't know really.  

56 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I think Cliff Marshall can be an X factor in this. I mean he takes our players to the store to show them what food to buy to maximize their training. Life lessons. 

I've wondered if part of the reason Romeo wants to make one more visit to Bloomington is related to training/strength/conditioning.  We've heard that he already has a personal trainer but he's going to have to take it to a whole other level to become NBA ready.

It seems that any questions about the coaching staff or how he'll be used at IU would be settled by now.  My guess is that the planned visit is about academics and training.