Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Kansas to the Final Four gives them a shiny new object to try to lure Romeo with—here’s to hoping he wants to stay closer to home and lead IU back to greatness—and our own Final Four!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

still better than Duke winning

On 3/18/2018 at 7:30 PM, Hovadipo said:

It’s all about tone for me personally. He just has a very arrogant, all-knowing disposition about him. Comes out that way on his podcast too, which I’d also really like to enjoy, but can’t. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, I just wish he wasn’t....the way...he is....

He is arrogant and so politically correct it’s ridiculous.   Any criticism of a players activity on the court must be taken as a personal insult!   Pathetic !   And that is personal

6 minutes ago, jake11forever said:

Bill Self is a great coach. I don't know why people on here bash him, Coack K, Calipari, you people just envy the success they have. If your successful you must be cheating. Smh

Sent from my VS988 using BtownBanners mobile app

Pardon me, we didn't say anything about Pork Chop

Bill Self is a great coach. I don't know why people on here bash him, Coack K, Calipari, you people just envy the success they have. If your successful you must be cheating. Smh

Self’s known for getting the dirtiest recruits one can imagine. He’s 100% cheating and it’s not even an argument. Far and away my least favorite coach in the sport in front of Cal now that Pitino’s gone.

Self’s known for getting the dirtiest recruits one can imagine. He’s 100% cheating and it’s not even an argument. Far and away my least favorite coach in the sport in front of Cal now that Pitino’s gone.

How is he cheating??? If he was then he wouldn't be employed by KU

Did Bill Self get suspended, fired, did KU get reprimanded. Nope they didnt. Good try though

You are either naive to the money-making side of sports, or a professional turner of blind eyes. Hopefully it's just naiveté.

I'm not intending to insult you, so I hope it doesn't come across that way. But if you've done any reading at all about cbb recruiting, especially in the current climate, then you'll know where people are getting this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You are either naive to the money-making side of sports, or a professional turner of blind eyes. Hopefully it's just naiveté.

I'm not intending to insult you, so I hope it doesn't come across that way. But if you've done any reading at all about cbb recruiting, especially in the current climate, then you'll know where people are getting this.

I get the report and the fbi also said there are potentially 60 programs involved. College basketball is poorly ran. There should be no one and done rule. If they want to play pro straight out of HS they should. If they go to school they should be compensated for it

I get the report and the fbi also said there are potentially 60 programs involved. College basketball is poorly ran. There should be no one and done rule. If they want to play pro straight out of HS they should. If they go to school they should be compensated for it

The one and done rule is not a college rule. The rest you can acknowledge, yet seem to feel as though Bill Self is not cheating? That Lambo that BP got must have been on the up and up.

The one and done rule is not a college rule. The rest you can acknowledge, yet seem to feel as though Bill Self is not cheating? That Lambo that BP got must have been on the up and up.

Didn't say its a college rule its a you have to be 19 to play in nba

I pretty much agree with this.

Kansas, Duke, UCLA, UNC and MANY others are using a system that keeps the university safe while they can turn a blind eye on what the players are getting. Some are bending the rules more than others. Extra benefits, etc.

These schools know how to game the system. The NCAA “knows” what is going on. Everyone wins.

I’m jealous Indiana hasn’t been able to compete in the “pay to win” era.

But yeah, Kansas is dirty.

Some light reading:
http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/kansas-basketball-scandals-very-long-takes-time-read

This is a blog and is in no way proof of anything. It is however a long compilation of past reports that highlight the culture of Kansas basketball under Bill Self. It's not just recruiting. It's the character of players and what they've gotten by with over the years. Even without dirty recruiting (proven or otherwise), I find it hard to respect a coach who allows so much crap to fly within his program.

1 hour ago, jake11forever said:

*you're

Sorry, that's always been a pet peeve of mine. If you don't know which one to use, you can always substitute "you are" and see if it makes sense.