Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Well, it’s a good thing that Archie will get the absolute last in person meeting before Romeo commits. The AD will put on the full court press next week.

I've seen The AD referred to a bunch, but must have missed what/who is The AD? Anyone want to fill me in?

1 minute ago, CottageGrove said:

I've seen The AD referred to a bunch, but must have missed what/who is The AD? Anyone want to fill me in?

Pretty sure it means anchors down.. some sort of reference to Vandy. 

I think it has become shorthand for “AlphaDog” in reference to Darius Garland.

Lmao....can’t believe I just typed this answer down.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You guys should switch the filter from Darius Garland to AD

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

UL isn't paying Mack anywhere close to 8 million lol

I never said they were but they can if need be.  They will pay whatever it takes to land their guy and they will land their guy.  Obviously if he's willing to come for less they arent paying any more.

Drewfus is an all time great nickname. 

I agree. But from what I hear as I have friends that are Louisville fans sadly. But they believe they can double his salary and have better facilities and all that stuff and his wife is from Louisville I believe. But for some reason they don’t think they will get in any more trouble, which I find laughable at best.

Thank you

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I never said they were but they can if need be.  They will pay whatever it takes to land their guy and they will land their guy.  Obviously if he's willing to come for less they arent paying any more.

Good for UL...

I live in New Albany and work Louisville. So I'm surrounded by UofL fans. They all seem to think Mack. But I'm not convinced yet. I think UofL is a better job technically than Xavier just because of prior success. And they will spend a lot of money. But this is a truly awful situation to take this job. Someone has to be patient for the long haul . Mack doesn't strike me as all that concerned about money. Yeah I think because of his wife's family he would consider this location over others. But he has it good right now at Xavier. He's almost at the top of the mountain right now. Why go back and deal with all that bs. Plus I hear he's got strong connections to Xavier  previous coaches didn't have. It's possible they get him. But I think Uofl fans are in denial if they think it's going to happen with certainty . 

Tim Langford will be a guest on 1450 AM sports radio with Jim Coyle tomorrow morning.  The show runs from 6 - 8am and I would expect Tim’s spot somewhere around 7am.  Link to live stream below.  If I can remember, I’ll post a link to the recorded version later tomorrow afternoon.

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/cwa/?stationCallSign=WQKC

I live in New Albany and work Louisville. So I'm surrounded by UofL fans. They all seem to think Mack. But I'm not convinced yet. I think UofL is a better job technically than Xavier just because of prior success. And they will spend a lot of money. But this is a truly awful situation to take this job. Someone has to be patient for the long haul . Mack doesn't strike me as all that concerned about money. Yeah I think because of his wife's family he would consider this location over others. But he has it good right now at Xavier. He's almost at the top of the mountain right now. Why go back and deal with all that bs. Plus I hear he's got strong connections to Xavier  previous coaches didn't have. It's possible they get him. But I think Uofl fans are in denial if they think it's going to happen with certainty . 

Yeah it seems like a risky job to take with possible sanctions and a rebuild. Seems more like a job for crean.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Tim Langford will be a guest on 1450 AM sports radio with Jim Coyle tomorrow morning.  The show runs from 6 - 8am and I would expect Tim’s spot somewhere around 7am.  Link to live stream below.  If I can remember, I’ll post a link to the recorded version later tomorrow afternoon.

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/cwa/?stationCallSign=WQKC

Starting to seem like somebody really enjoys the attention.

Starting to seem like somebody really enjoys the attention.

Why is that? He isn’t having his kid do every interview. It’s the same as it’s always been. He has granted interviews for a number of publications.

13 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

DBM coined him the alpha dog and I just went with it. But now I just call him garland. A real AD would of had Romeo locked up by now.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm sure the AD will be putting on the hard sell next week.  I'd imagine he and Drewfus are on the phone nightly practicing the sales pitch. 

1 hour ago, HoosierMatty said:

It's Mack. Should be announced by the beginning of next week. Probably will spend Monday telling his players at Xavier.