Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

5 hours ago, Ajwhitis said:

Chat was interesting. Peegs said there has been little to no Vandy chatter. A lot of professionals think we are in good postition for Romeo. Overall it's looking good, but as always things can change.

Not that I put much stock in the crystal ball predictions, because honestly I dont, but it'll be interesting if as we get near to Romeo's announcement date if some of the CB picks change.

26 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Not that I put much stock in the crystal ball predictions, because honestly I dont, but it'll be interesting if as we get near to Romeo's announcement date if some of the CB picks change.

Jerry Meyer will switch to IU 5 minutes before the announcement and then claim he was right all along. 

Also I'm not sold on the sources yet but I've been asking around to clarify so take it with a grain of salt. 

Doing some research and digging. I like this a lot

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Jerry Meyer will switch to IU 5 minutes before the announcement and then claim he was right all along. 

Did you know that there are actual statistics that reflect both the timing and accuracy of picks by each analyst, including Jerry Meyer, on his site? You can literally go, look, and debunk your own theory all in less time than it took you to write incorrect garbage fueled by your own biases! It’s really fun!

9 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Ugh this recruitment needs to quit toying with me.

Just imagining our roster with additions of Romeo, Sanford (possibly), and a grad transfer big is already getting me excited for next year.

Who is Sanford? I missed the scoop on him.

Ugh this recruitment needs to quit toying with me.
Just imagining our roster with additions of Romeo, Sanford (possibly), and a grad transfer big is already getting me excited for next year.

I’ve seen the name Sanford a few times here. Isn’t he only a junior? Or is he expected to graduate early?

29 minutes ago, protectthishouse said:

I’ve seen the name Sanford a few times here. Isn’t he only a junior? Or is he expected to graduate early?

It was said in chat last night he won’t graduate early. Too much coursework to accomplish

We should run a lineup like my DriveTheLane squad and go:

Romeo, Hunter, Smith, Race, Morgan.

Just run a bunch of 6'6"-6'9" guys and see what happens. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I could see that lineup used during stretches at times.Langford could hold down the point against certain teams.
Be fun to watch and more athletic than we've seen in years.Ive been struck all year watching teams around the country just how far behind we've been in that regard.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Athletic/quick lineup to counter a big/slow team..

Phinisee
Romeo
Hunter
Smith
Morgan

We really need Davis, Moore, and Forester to provide something in the post. I love Morgan but I don't think he can be THE Big on a tourney team for an entire season. If we land Romeo and can have some type of post presence forcing teams to double Romeo could snipe all game long.

Morgan is plenty for the post offensively. He absolutely draws double teams down there. I agree we need one of the bigs to develop, but more for defensive purposes so Morgan doesn’t have to try and guard other dominant bigs that have a huge size advantage on him. 

We need bigs for defense when we play schools like MSU, OSU, Duke, Purdue, etc. 

Morgan is plenty for the post offensively. He absolutely draws double teams down there. I agree we need one of the bigs to develop, but more for defensive purposes so Morgan doesn’t have to try and guard other dominant bigs that have a huge size advantage on him. 
We need bigs for defense when we play schools like MSU, OSU, Duke, Purdue, etc. 

I believe Jake will be that guy in the long run,hopefully sooner.
He really likes to block shots.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, dallas44~ said:

Yogi is proving actual intel and sources, unlike a lot of the others on here. I frankly will take what I can get, and appreciate any insight Yogi will provide. He’s been awesome on other recruitments.

I like Yogi also but playing devils advocate recruitments such as?

21 minutes ago, dallas44~ said:

Yogi is proving actual intel and sources, unlike a lot of the others on here. I frankly will take what I can get, and appreciate any insight Yogi will provide. He’s been awesome on other recruitments.

I like Yogi, but hes not really doing that and neither are 90% of others who claim to know. Theyre passing on second hand info and no one in their right mind would ever provide their sources(idk where the providing sources thing came from). There isnt anything wrong with that, personally I like hearing info, but at the same time if you're off on something you cant expect people to not come at you. You've got to be able to take the hate when youre wrong along with the praise when youre right.

What I said wasnt even a dig on Yogi, I was commenting on his comment about the way people react to him. I've talked to yogi in PM's multiple times so nothing I said was intended with hate or malice.