Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

So I just caught up and let me sum it up and see if I got everything.

We have overly negative posters arguing they’re realistic(im negative and some of y’all make me look like I crap rainbows and sunshine), people calling a teenager names because some IU reporter got their hopes up, IU players showing Romeo love, people asking for facts but not getting any, Wilt Chamberlain is alive, and Austin Etherington hasn’t returned to Taco Bell since the incident(couldn’t help myself).

Did I miss anything?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IUgradman asked me to “discuss” something in another thread and I can’t tell if he wants to fight me or slide into my DMs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We have overly negative posters arguing they’re realistic(im negative and some of y’all make me look like I crap rainbows and sunshine), people calling a teenager names because some IU reporter got their hopes up, IU players showing Romeo love, people asking for facts but not getting any, Wilt Chamberlain is alive, and Austin Etherington hasn’t returned to Taco Bell since the incident(couldn’t help myself).

Did I miss anything?

I think that about wraps it up

8 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Did I miss anything?

The only thing left for this thread is a candle vigil. 

IUgradman asked me to “discuss” something in another thread and I can’t tell if he wants to fight me or slide into my DMs.

Ewww. Sounds so negatively dirty.

Appreciate it Gradman. I have no doubts someone told you that. Never seen or heard of so many people connected to the Athletic Office though. My grandfather was a decent sized booster who got season tickets from the early ‘80s until his death in 2007. He nor anyone he knew was connected to the Athletic Office.

“My brother in law is very connected with IU Athletics. He is cautiously optimistic Romeo comes, but firmly believes there is (sic) things going on behind the scenes at Vanderbilt. He said he would not be surprised with either choice.”
“He also said the staff is paying close attention to what happens on his visits to Vanderbilt. If they suspect Romeo took any type of impermissible benefits, they will immediately pull the offer. Which you can't blame them with what is going on in college basketball these days.”
This is what someone on the Rivals site wrote to me about Romeo’s recruitment.
Drew is dirty? No it can't be.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Appreciate it Gradman. I have no doubts someone told you that. Never seen or heard of so many people connected to the Athletic Office though. My grandfather was a decent sized booster who got season tickets from the early ‘80s until his death in 2007. He nor anyone he knew was connected to the Athletic Office.

The thing with everyone and all of their connections is they're always hearing second or third hand information. People can say they know all they want but if Romeo calls me right now and says its 50/50 I can jump on here and say Romeo said its IU and everyone will eat it up because I just talked to Romeo. The thing with "insiders" is they take what they hear and they try to word it whatever way will drive more clicks. If Romeo says he likes all 3 schools and their facilities, they will take the IU part of it and say Romeo likes IU and their facilities and then fans will think he is ours not knowing he also mentioned the other 3 schools. Insiders at the end of the day are still reporters and clicks are the only thing they really care about.

I just heard from my sister's, boyfriend's, cousin's, great aunt's co-worker that he heard three guys talking who go to school at New Albany and have chemistry class with Romeo's teammate's girlfriend and she said she may have heard the teammate say that Romeo could potentially be 51% IU - 47% Vandy - 2% Kansas, but wasn't really sure.  

I just heard from a reliable source on a well connected IU board that he just talked to Romeo, and it's 50/50, but Romeo likes IU and their facilities!
I just spoke with Aaron etherington. He said it was 100% Kansas last week but things have changed. The staff informed him it is now 70% iu 29% Kansas and 1% anchors down. He will be meeting with Archie in two days for further updates.

I about lost if this weekend when talking to someone about Romeo. 

So we were talking about Romeo waiting for his game to come on. We were sitting there drinking a beer talking about basketball when the patented "where do you think he goes" convo started. Here is where the fun begins. A gentlemen who is sitting next to me in a Cincinnati bearcats sweater and wearing an Ohio State hat looks at me and says that HE HIMSELF, has talked to Romeo's parents directly and his parents told HIM directly, that it was their son's decision and that is when Romeo's father looked HIM directly in the eye and said his son is going to Vanderbilt. I proceed to say some choice words but basically said "i dont believe you at all"...i then said okay, what is romeo's fathers name. He said he couldn't remember. I then asked what gym it was at, couldn't remember that. He then got pushy and said well let me ask you a question, i said go for it. He asked "answer me this, why in THE H*** (raised his voice) would Romeo go to IU, what do they have to offer and why would he even think about them"

I proceed to chug what was left of my beer to hold back the words i really wanted to say. Decided that he wasnt even worth my breath and just had to walk away. 

Basically to round this up, can we please just have this over and his announcement here before we normal sane people are pushed to the brink haha. 
Lol I just talked to Aaron Etherington and he said he just heard anchors down is out. Aaron said he would prefer to be called deep throat from here on out.

An unsubstantiated gut feeling from a guy who has paid very close attention to this recruitment: I believe he really hasn't made a decision yet, and the family has done things by the book and hasn't spoken to anyone, including CAM and Drew.  I believe it is Romeo's decision, and it's going to be heavily influenced by his father.  Darius Garland plays no role in it, and if he did, Romeo would have committed to Vandy already. We're not only lucky to have a horse in the race, but we actually have a favorable lead. If we were not well received, Romeo wouldn't waste the time giving Archie last look. We know he wants to win (duh, advantage KU then IU), we know he needs a national stage (duh, advantage IU & KU) and it's inconceivable to think Romeo isn't well aware that he'll be an immediate legend at IU, but not at KU or Vandy.  So, if Romeo is a passive, wet napkin with low morals/ethics (which he is not), Vandy is the spot.  But he's not following DG and he knows when the Shittu stuff goes down, so does Vandy.  That leaves IU and KU.  He stays home. An unsubstantiated gut feeling.
I have always felt Romeo knows the shittu thing could blow up and he does not want to risk being at a school involved with that. I think you may be right that the AD and Winston don't have nearly the pull they think they do or it would be over by now.

27 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

An unsubstantiated gut feeling from a guy who has paid very close attention to this recruitment: I believe he really hasn't made a decision yet, and the family has done things by the book and hasn't spoken to anyone, including CAM and Drew.  I believe it is Romeo's decision, and it's going to be heavily influenced by his father.  Darius Garland plays no role in it, and if he did, Romeo would have committed to Vandy already. We're not only lucky to have a horse in the race, but we actually have a favorable lead. If we were not well received, Romeo wouldn't waste the time giving Archie last look. We know he wants to win (duh, advantage KU then IU), we know he needs a national stage (duh, advantage IU & KU) and it's inconceivable to think Romeo isn't well aware that he'll be an immediate legend at IU, but not at KU or Vandy.  So, if Romeo is a passive, wet napkin with low morals/ethics (which he is not), Vandy is the spot.  But he's not following DG and he knows when the Shittu stuff goes down, so does Vandy.  That leaves IU and KU.  He stays home. An unsubstantiated gut feeling.

We have to stop saying he won't be a legend at Vanderbilt, they're best player ever is Will Perdue for god sake. Give Romeo some credit, he'd be a legend that all 8 Vanderbilt basketball fans tell their grandkids about.