Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Romeo is good. But that was 3 times in a row FC held him in check. I want him to come to IU, but he's a soft player and he takes a lot of shots that he shouldn't take.

I didn’t see too many shots he shouldn’t take? Also, he scored a third of their points. What more do you want them to do? FC did a good job of fronting him. NA didn’t set a lot of picks to set him free. Their offense is hand the ball off to him and let him create. Coaching didn’t help him today. Inspite of that he still won the game at the line mostly in the fourth quarter. He took what they gave him which was free throws.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree that Romeo is hampered against a good defense because his coach acts like a Tom Crean disciple.

Agreed. Minus the dribble handoffs. Literally every time down the court is a drive one on one. FC coach is clearly better.

New Albany has now won five straight sectional championships. Obviously, Romeo has been on four of those teams. Yeah they weren’t gonna lose. As Shannon said, “Floyd Central has been good enough to do some damage in the state tournament, but they didn’t have Romeo Langford.” Can’t put it any better than that

And before anyone tries to say Romeo played a bad game, he attempted just seven shots. 3/7 FG’s and 11/13 FT’s. I wouldn’t really call that a bad game. Bad for his standards, but not a bad game. Can’t take that many shots when getting double and triple teamed. His team wins

Funny story about the IU players. My buddy walked in behind them. They asked to come in, and one of the gate workers asked a school official, "can we let the IU players in." One guy said no. The other guy was like, "yes, they can come in." The boys took photos with a lot of people.

Btw. I can't verify, but I'm going to guess that guy that said no, is not an IU fan. 

So it wasn't setup by IU to be a big recruiting play? It could've been 3 IU players just wanting to watch the best HS player in the state with no other strings attached? I was told otherwise

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

They took him away. He took 13 FTs but probably earned about 6 FTs. He gets a lot of help from officials. It doesn't suprise me because when you're a star, that happens. Damon got a lot of help too. Romeo is a really talented kid. He needs a good coach and a good strength coach to work with him. What school could possibly have that?

There’s no doubt that IU is the best place for him

7 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Funny story about the IU players. My buddy walked in behind them. They asked to come in, and one of the gate workers asked a school official, "can we let the IU players in." One guy said no. The other guy was like, "yes, they can come in." The boys took photos with a lot of people.

I hope this doesn't mean they got in without a ticket. If so, with our luck, some doofus at the NCAA will get word and we'll get in trouble because they received impermissible benefits. Lol!

I hope this doesn't mean they got in without a ticket. If so, with our luck, some doofus at the NCAA will get word and we'll get in trouble because they received impermissible benefits. Lol!

Per NCAA compliance they'll just have to pay $18. Lol.

I just hope the person that let them in never bought any IU bumper stickers.

46 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Per NCAA compliance they'll just have to pay $18. Lol.

I just hope the person that let them in never bought any IU bumper stickers.

Or as they say in the NCAA office, its a 1/2 Miles Bridges'.

4 hours ago, rcsalway29 said:

So it wasn't setup by IU to be a big recruiting play? It could've been 3 IU players just wanting to watch the best HS player in the state with no other strings attached? I was told otherwise

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

By my observation it was 100% set up by Indiana and Coach Miller. They walked in a long time after I did and had those seats front and center waiting for them. There as paper on the seats so no one would sit there it looked like when I walked by those. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

They took him away. He took 13 FTs but probably earned about 6 FTs. He gets a lot of help from officials. It doesn't suprise me because when you're a star, that happens. Damon got a lot of help too. Romeo is a really talented kid. He needs a good coach and a good strength coach to work with him. What school could possibly have that?

No.. he earned all but two. The one in the second half where he was fouled but clearly not shooting was pretty much the only "bad" call all night. The officiating was excellent.