Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

The longer this recruitment goes, the less interested I find myself with it. Anyone else in the same boat?
I’m just really at peace with what Archie brings to the table and what he will accomplish in the coming years. Could Romeo be a part of that? Absolutely. But in the grand scheme of things, he will mean very little. Archie will be developing players and keeping us in the hunt for years to come, with or without Romeo. 
It just doesn’t make sense to me anymore to fret over a guy who will be here 1 year when we have so many other exciting players to watch grow. Just my opinion as of late.

I agree and I prefer to have players stay and watch them get better over time. Its more enjoyable. I don't think I could watch Indiana if we had a different roster every year like some schools.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, VO5 said:

The longer this recruitment goes, the less interested I find myself with it. Anyone else in the same boat?

I’m just really at peace with what Archie brings to the table and what he will accomplish in the coming years. Could Romeo be a part of that? Absolutely. But in the grand scheme of things, he will mean very little. Archie will be developing players and keeping us in the hunt for years to come, with or without Romeo. 

It just doesn’t make sense to me anymore to fret over a guy who will be here 1 year when we have so many other exciting players to watch grow. Just my opinion as of late.

I'm in the same boat.  Romeo, I don't care if you play on the team or not. 

18 minutes ago, VO5 said:

It reminds me of people who get engaged after dating for 8 years. The magic is over. When you compare that to the day Race, Damezi, and Jerome all committed, this doesn't really leave the fan base feeling wanted the same way. We've cheered his name at HH, Northwestern game, and at high school gyms all over the state. So far, no reciprocation. To continue the analogy, we've been friend-zoned. Of course we're losing interest. 

No hate towards Romeo. He's a stud. He's earned his way to having options.

Rationalizing losing yet another elite in-state player I see. Sorry, I think it is very important that Romeo Langford play for IU, if only to send a message that things are different now. Without him, our team will be very young without any elite prospects. Missing the tournament three years straight is unacceptable. With Romeo, we go dancing.
I agree but if he goes to vandy that is quite telling on how this recruitment went. Shittu may not have taken money bu i have no doubt he was offered money. I mean you think arizona offered shittu nothing? I think something will come out on that in due time. So if this was a dirty recruitment I say let Romeo go join drew.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Rationalizing losing yet another elite in-state player I see. Sorry, I think it is very important that Romeo Langford play for IU, if only to send a message that things are different now. Without him, our team will be very young without any elite prospects. Missing the tournament three years straight is unacceptable. With Romeo, we go dancing.

It’s not rationalization. It’s being excited for the future and where the program is headed. You can feel however you want, just saying where I am.

Also, we’ll be in the tourney next year. Book it

We've already sent the message by being in his final 3. We've also already sent the message by recruiting Indiana kids in the 19, 20 classes. The message has been received by the Indiana HS coaches and state AAU coaches. Also were making the tourney next year with or without Romeo.

I tend to agree with this. Definitely the first part. The second part, I'm not as sure. It seems like a fringe roster to me again but we are building that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I tend to agree with this. Definitely the first part. The second part, I'm not as sure. It seems like a fringe roster to me again but we are building that direction.

A lot will depend on Race, Phinisee and Hunter all being ready to contribute. 

With Romeo, I’d expect IU to be in the top three in the BIG if JM comes back next year. If we don’t get him, maybe middle of the pack again?

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Oh I agree. The ebbs and flows of this recruitment cause the fanbase to get a little nutty, which no doubt makes it more tiresome.

My stance is more about feeling confident in Archie and his ability to get the most out of his players. With Crean, I knew we needed talent to win because I had no faith in his coaching ability. Now that it’s changed, I’m less worried about reeling in the Romeo’s of the world and fretting over their recruitments. 

I’m not saying we don’t need talent or the 5 stars to compete nationally, we do. I just don’t believe we’re doomed if we whiff on most of them or a specific one like Romeo. 

Agree 100%.

PG: Rob Phinisee

SG: Devonte Green or Al Durham despite the rumblings

SF: Justin Smith

PF: Juwan Morgan

C: De'Ron Davis

Bench Rotation of: Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson, Clifton Moore, Damezi Anderson, Jake Forrester, whichever guy doesn't start at the 2, 

I've seen enough improvement from guys this year to think it'll be even better with some additions by subtraction as well as having a pure point guard that with or without Romeo I like this roster and our future. 

Juwan, Smith & De'Ron give us 3 legit options. If Green continues to improve as well as Durham that's good guard depth at the 2 with Damezi. My main concern is who handles the ball when Rob isn't out there? I believe we go the grad route for a guy or two depending on Romeo and transfer possibilities. Archie has my complete faith and I'm behind him 100% of the way. Romeo isn't a life or death recruit, yes he'd be awesome to have, but I believe Archie will fill the spots with good enough talent to round the roster out. 

6 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

PG: Rob Phinisee

SG: Devonte Green or Al Durham despite the rumblings

SF: Justin Smith

PF: Juwan Morgan

C: De'Ron Davis

Bench Rotation of: Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson, Clifton Moore, Damezi Anderson, Jake Forrester, whichever guy doesn't start at the 2, 

I've seen enough improvement from guys this year to think it'll be even better with some additions by subtraction as well as having a pure point guard that with or without Romeo I like this roster and our future. 

Juwan, Smith & De'Ron give us 3 legit options. If Green continues to improve as well as Durham that's good guard depth at the 2 with Damezi. My main concern is who handles the ball when Rob isn't out there? I believe we go the grad route for a guy or two depending on Romeo and transfer possibilities. Archie has my complete faith and I'm behind him 100% of the way. Romeo isn't a life or death recruit, yes he'd be awesome to have, but I believe Archie will fill the spots with good enough talent to round the roster out. 

As of right now, Smith isn't a 3 in our offense. 

6 hours ago, Iugradman said:

IU isn’t losing him. Where do you come up with this rhetoric?