Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

This is getting tired. The big bad IU boogie man fanbase... gets so overblown.....the truth is that if Romeo were to have committed to Vandy during the season, he wouldn’t be hearing NEARLY as many boos as he’d be hearing crickets. The Indiana fans wouldn’t have showed up. I remember so many players who chose other schools before or during their senior campaigns... May, Lyle, Lyles, Thomas, etc. etc...... the fans just stopped caring. 

Dang, that's true.  Ugh.  He's trying to build his brand without going to IU.

It's got all the signs of Darius Garland all over again.

The only way that they would take Henry is if CAM believes they can live with Davis, Moore, Forrester, Smith, Morgan, and Thompson playing most of the 4 and 5 minutes or one of either Davis or Moore will be transferring after this season. I'm not going to lie. I could live with the following roster going into next season if their is any truth to this rumor. 

Sr. Morgan PF

Sr. McRoberts Walk On SF

Jr. Green PG

Jr. Davis C

So. Smith PF

So. Durham SG

So. Moore PF

Fr. Thompson PF

Fr. Hunter SF

Fr. Phinisee PG

Fr. Anderson SG

Fr. Forrester PF

Fr. Henry SF

Fr. Romeo ? SG

That would leave at least 2 scholarships for 2019 and could be more if someone decides to leave early or transfers. 

Apparently Tim Langford called all three coaches and said the Vandy Scout site report was false. Read this in chat tonight. Rabjohns said he has credible info that Romeo has not made a decision yet. It is a positive development that IU gets the last opportunity to sell itself to Romeo.

Was it PBR who said he called coaches or was that a rumor in chat? Couldn’t make it to chat tonight :/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've had problems with the app on my phone all night. Every time I type it freezes and then throws all the words in at once. On to the more important subject.

Rabjohns report seems to be true. I don't know exactly what he is saying, but I know Romeo is wanting to have his decision done around March 10th and then giving it a week or two to make sure he feels right about it. Vandy sounds like they're the favorite right now, but IU should be able to pitch one more time. Take it however you'd like whether the world is ending and IU has no chance at getting him from whatever you've read today or they're very much in this still(that is my opinion). I know I've seen quite a bit today lol. The phone calls to the coaches doesn't seem correct though, so I should clarify I believe Rabby is right that a decision isn't made yet. Not just from what I've heard, but it just doesn't make sense for Tim to call them and tell them hey Romeo isn't going to Vandy....yet. It just seems like a weird thing to do and if he truly did, then this will end up feeling a lot like how Garland's last weeks before announcing felt and I believe the Langford's are a lot  better equipped to handle this. They've done an outstanding job with this recruitment, why ruin it with just a few weeks left? That's just my opinion and some is what I've heard as well, but if a recruit has a favorite they usually aren't shy about it and if they don't want the cat out of the bag they just don't respond to every person claiming this or that specially seeing the source of this "rumor". Romeo to IU has been reported by plenty in the last few months, not so much the last month or so, but yeah you get the drift. 

Nothing important or drastic has changed IMO with this, but who knows crazier things have happened with teenagers and recruiting. I for one am ready for this to be over honestly. 

26 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I've had problems with the app on my phone all night. Every time I type it freezes and then throws all the words in at once. On to the more important subject.

Rabjohns report seems to be true. I don't know exactly what he is saying, but I know Romeo is wanting to have his decision done around March 10th and then giving it a week or two to make sure he feels right about it. Vandy sounds like they're the favorite right now, but IU should be able to pitch one more time. Take it however you'd like whether the world is ending and IU has no chance at getting him from whatever you've read today or they're very much in this still(that is my opinion). I know I've seen quite a bit today lol. The phone calls to the coaches doesn't seem correct though, so I should clarify I believe Rabby is right that a decision isn't made yet. Not just from what I've heard, but it just doesn't make sense for Tim to call them and tell them hey Romeo isn't going to Vandy....yet. It just seems like a weird thing to do and if he truly did, then this will end up feeling a lot like how Garland's last weeks before announcing felt and I believe the Langford's are a lot  better equipped to handle this. They've done an outstanding job with this recruitment, why ruin it with just a few weeks left? That's just my opinion and some is what I've heard as well, but if a recruit has a favorite they usually aren't shy about it and if they don't want the cat out of the bag they just don't respond to every person claiming this or that specially seeing the source of this "rumor". Romeo to IU has been reported by plenty in the last few months, not so much the last month or so, but yeah you get the drift. 

Nothing important or drastic has changed IMO with this, but who knows crazier things have happened with teenagers and recruiting. I for one am ready for this to be over honestly. 

So IU will probably not be able to meet with Romeo until after his decision is made, assuming he goes deep in the tourney? 

30 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

So IU will probably not be able to meet with Romeo until after his decision is made, assuming he goes deep in the tourney? 

Date isn't set in stone I just know he wants to know his decision and have a week or two to think it through. McDonalds game is on the 28th of March so this is assuming he announces then. If he decides to do it before or after then things would change.

Date isn't set in stone I just know he wants to know his decision and have a week or two to think it through. McDonalds game is on the 28th of March so this is assuming he announces then. If he decides to do it before or after then things would change.

State title game is on the 24th, for some reason, I thought I read they'd visit after his postseason was over, could've read wrong however.

3 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

State title game is on the 24th, for some reason, I thought I read they'd visit after his postseason was over, could've read wrong however.

You're fine man there is too many dates to remember with this thing. We'll see what happens but I'm pretty confident that if he's gonna visit it'll be by mid March. Sounds like a good shot it's the Mickey D's game for him. If that changes though, then so will the timeframe for a decision.

You're fine man there is too many dates to remember with this thing. We'll see what happens but I'm pretty confident that if he's gonna visit it'll be by mid March. Sounds like a good shot it's the Mickey D's game for him. If that changes though, then so will the timeframe for a decision.

Yup it's kind of been a mess, to the Langfords credit they've handled how they've said they'll handle it so props to them. Let's hope that continues and IU gets one last shot at him, if they really are trailing as you'd heard. All you can ask for at this point.

Phone calls to all 3 coaching staffs make sense to me if you are in the camp Romeo and family hasn’t made a decision. Tim has said Romeo and himself are in constant contact with the remaining head coaches(and 1 other assistant). During those conversations if they are still undecided it makes sense to let the coaches know the report wasn’t true. No one is going to rush this recruitment. If he isn’t ready to commit by the McDonald’s game then this thing is going into April. The longer the better for IU in my opinion

You’ve stated that anyone saying they know anything is misinformed or lying because the Langfords are playing this as close to the chest as any recruitment out there, yet you know Romeo wants to make a decision by March 10th.

These two statements don’t jive.