Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

The thing about Louisville is they are 15 min from his house. They had a hall of fame coach. They had recently won a title. I guarantee he has a lot of friends going to Louisville. There isn’t much I can say if everyone ignores that stuff. I know what Louisville is and what they did, but you guys don’t see the other appeal to it for him?

Nobody has ever said every player is paid. If you can provide that article I would love to see it. I read a lot of things college basketball related and have never heard the phrase “no player plays for free”. That is an accusation the FBI would never make because they wouldn’t have the resources to back it up.

Vandy got a hometown kid that went to camps as a kid to Drew’s camp. You have a kid that is at Team USA camps, top AAU tournaments, and top camps recruiting as one of the best PG as a senior people will listen. Before anyone starts complaining about 100 different recruitments I am speaking specifically to the one this thread is supposed to be about (not at you but I am sure I will get that cynical wide encompassing response).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn’t mean to imply the FBI said that, just that was what insiders have said that have reviewed the fbis findings. Pete thamels article

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/sources-college-hoops-corruption-case-poised-take-hall-fame-coaches-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html?__twitter_impression=true

The thing about Louisville is they are 15 min from his house. They had a hall of fame coach. They had recently won a title. I guarantee he has a lot of friends going to Louisville. There isn’t much I can say if everyone ignores that stuff. I know what Louisville is and what they did, but you guys don’t see the other appeal to it for him?

Nobody has ever said every player is paid. If you can provide that article I would love to see it. I read a lot of things college basketball related and have never heard the phrase “no player plays for free”. That is an accusation the FBI would never make because they wouldn’t have the resources to back it up.

Vandy got a hometown kid that went to camps as a kid to Drew’s camp. You have a kid that is at Team USA camps, top AAU tournaments, and top camps recruiting as one of the best PG as a senior people will listen. Before anyone starts complaining about 100 different recruitments I am speaking specifically to the one this thread is supposed to be about (not at you but I am sure I will get that cynical wide encompassing response).

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0831.thumb.jpg.cc7d310d0de545150a2381afffd47c95.jpg

Now the question becomes...."none of these kids are free".

Does that me top100 kids. Does that mean 5 stars. Does it mean top 10. We know from Bowen and some of the guys Miami, USC, and Arizona are recruiting its not just top 10 kids. How far does it go? I could easily see top 50 or even top 100 with some exceptions.

Didn’t mean to imply the FBI said that, just that was what insiders have said that have reviewed the fbis findings. Pete thamels article

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/sources-college-hoops-corruption-case-poised-take-hall-fame-coaches-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html?__twitter_impression=true

Fair enough on the FBI portion. It speaks to a lot of top players, but doesn’t say all. I would venture to say there are players less willing to play that game as well as schools/agents until this gets settled. It was more of a Wild West in the 80s and 90s. Since the one and done rule went into effect it really came back. I wouldn’t say all programs are clean, ever. But should we be cynical for every top player without looking at the obvious?

UL was there because they were his hometown school that was a top school with a hall of fame coach. If he asked for money would he have got it there? I think so. Did they have to offer him money to go there? I don’t think so. It’s convenient for him and his family if he went there. Would he have got extra benefits there not related to his recruitment? Probably as well. I think there is a group of people here casting a wide net that doesn’t fit. If it’s just money as the determining factor he will end up in Lawrence. They are having a down year and are gearing up for a title run. They have more to gain than anyone. If he goes there, ok I would have question.

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Now the question becomes...."none of these kids are free".

Does that me top100 kids. Does that mean 5 stars. Does it mean top 10. We know from Bowen and some of the guys Miami, USC, and Arizona are recruiting its not just top 10 kids. How far does it go? I could easily see top 50 or even top 100 with some exceptions.

I'll fall over if Cody Zeller or Yogi Ferrell were bought.  Now Noah Vonleh or Thomas Bryant?  I can buy that.  No pun intended. 

7 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

Comment of the year (in reference to the ongoing corruption investigation) goes to the guy who said "Who honestly believed that an inner city kid with the IQ of a walnut could get into a prestigious college and wear $600 sneakers without corruption." Game. Set. Match.

Yeah that ESPN interview with Duke commit Zion Williamson almost made me cry I felt so bad for the guy.  

Comment of the year (in reference to the ongoing corruption investigation) goes to the guy who said "Who honestly believed that an inner city kid with the IQ of a walnut could get into a prestigious college and wear $600 sneakers without corruption." Game. Set. Match.
Coach k is untouchable. Every 5 star he has ever had got admitted no problem. Ncaa won't touch him

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Fair enough on the FBI portion. It speaks to a lot of top players, but doesn’t say all. I would venture to say there are players less willing to play that game as well as schools/agents until this gets settled. It was more of a Wild West in the 80s and 90s. Since the one and done rule went into effect it really came back. I wouldn’t say all programs are clean, ever. But should we be cynical for every top player without looking at the obvious?

UL was there because they were his hometown school that was a top school with a hall of fame coach. If he asked for money would he have got it there? I think so. Did they have to offer him money to go there? I don’t think so. It’s convenient for him and his family if he went there. Would he have got extra benefits there not related to his recruitment? Probably as well. I think there is a group of people here casting a wide net that doesn’t fit. If it’s just money as the determining factor he will end up in Lawrence. They are having a down year and are gearing up for a title run. They have more to gain than anyone. If he goes there, ok I would have question.

No it literally says “none of the kids are free”

This list comes out before the tourney starts. IU gets in because of it. Wins banner 6. Romeo commits. Cal, Coach K, Izzo & Bill self all have to retire. IU becomes dominant once again and wins multiple championships. You heard it here first

The problem is, they want to get out of Indiana. Wilkes went to LA. Romeo will go to Nashville. A lot of kids don't want to live in a town like Bloomington if they don't have to.

And yet they want to play in Lawrence, KS... right.

That is the most illogical answer possible and it isn’t even close. What backlash? The people watching him now are more Romeo fans than IU fans. It isn’t like season ticket holders are going to watch Romeo to put pressure on him. Seriously, do you guys believe some of the things you type?

I've seen a lot of Indiana gear in the stands at his games

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s Wilkes all over again. He strung IU fans along, giving us hope, even though we were long out of the running.

Please do us all a favor and log off. If you get this butthurt over a 18 year old kid possibly choosing a different to play basketball at instead of Indiana you need help my friend.

Good one

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

Please do us all a favor and log off. If you get this butthurt over a 18 year old kid possibly choosing a different to play basketball at instead of Indiana you need help my friend.

Butthurt, gross, moron, shut up, etc from you, keep it up!

Fyi, don't tell someone they need help, in the same sentence you use "butthurt"
Also, if you're under 16 years old, nevermind...

Not to mention him calling people morons. I think he is in high school so can give him a pass