Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Our crowd is spectacular. They are very knowledgeable," Drew said. "They know when to cheer, when not to cheer, and when our team needs it. There is no question that our players feed off that and play with much more energy.” LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm still not sure I understand why if Romeo were to go to Vandy, that just has to make Bryce Drew dirty. Garland lives near Nashville and wanted to stay close to home for the year he'll be in college. He is pals with Shittu, who's from Canada and goes to school in Vermont -- he's got no ties or allegiances to any school or region. And apparently, Romeo had no desire to play for Crean, so Indiana wasn't considered until Archie took over. And he's also buddies with Garland, and may want be his teammate for the one year he will be in school. ... Heck, except for a rogue trip to the Final Four in 1994, Florida was pretty much an irrelevant program until Donovan took over. Then he got some good recruits and turned it into a national power. Everybody's gotta start somewhere. Remember Donovan? The guy's whose wife was shopping for houses in Bloomington because he was gonna leave the NBA for us? ... When the whole "Garland to IU" thing was picking up steam, I saw an article saying if IU got Garland and Romeo -- along with the kids who'd already committed -- we'd have the No. 1 class. Would that have made Archie dirty? Look at the hot water his brother's in out west. Would you want everybody assuming our coach is dirty just because he's in his first year and could've signed the No. 1 class? Coupled with the poopstorm Sean's in, that could be an easy conclusion to draw.  

Our crowd is spectacular. They are very knowledgeable," Drew said. "They know when to cheer, when not to cheer, and when our team needs it. There is no question that our players feed off that and play with much more energy.” LMAO

Yeah I laughed at that quote too. I imagined a stage hand holding up a laugh card on a set of a sitcom telling the audience that this is funny so you should laugh.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

There is no way Tim or Romeo Langford would trust Garland with details of Romeo’s commitment. That kid is a chatty Kathy and from what I have seen from the Langford camp is just a no frills tight lipped approach. This recruitment has been fun to follow, best of luck to young Romeo wherever he goes. 

Meanwhile, let's not get our shots blocked.  If there is someone there, let's pass it to the next guy.  Sounds like the crowd is more knowledgeable than the coach! 

That listen in segment was pretty telling of Drew’s coaching ability, or lack of it. Reminded me of hearing football coaches screaming “tackle somebody” or “block somebody” from the sideline. Well duh. The kids know that but a good coach would explain who to block on a play or how to get in position to make a tackle

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

There is no way Tim or Romeo Langford would trust Garland with details of Romeo’s commitment. That kid is a chatty Kathy and from what I have seen from the Langford camp is just a no frills tight lipped approach. This recruitment has been fun to follow, best of luck to young Romeo wherever he goes. 

I agree here. I’m guessing Coach Shannon would be one of the first to find out, and that may be on the day of the announcement. 

I’ve felt for awhile that Romeo especially Garland is trying to tell us he’s going to Vandy. I think the publicity while on his journey to catch Damon is greatly enhanced by hopeful Indiana fans. The Langford camp knows this and that’s why it’s more important to wait on committing out of state. If Romeo announced for Vandy early on, most of Indiana wouldn’t care about Romeo. He is building his brand .

The timing of his announcement, the family in Atlanta, Archie not watching Romeo’s recent games, all point in that direction. Sorry folks we are getting the shaft again. 

I’ve felt for awhile that Romeo especially Garland is trying to tell us he’s going to Vandy. I think the publicity while on his journey to catch Damon is greatly enhanced by hopeful Indiana fans. The Langford camp knows this and that’s why it’s more important to wait on committing out of state. If Romeo announced for Vandy early on, most of Indiana wouldn’t care about Romeo. He is building his brand .

The timing of his announcement, the family in Atlanta, Archie not watching Romeo’s recent games, all point in that direction. Sorry folks we are getting the shaft again. 

Sure seems that way to me.

Beyond that, here is 1 Reason to consider why he might be waiting on making his decision and "stringing IU along".... Its good for optics. It makes Indiana fans THINK he strongly considered them and that at the end of the day he picked the school best for him. Versus whatever it is that Vanderbilt is offering. It makes the whole recruitment look way less shady, and makes it look like he was just dotting his I's and crossing his T's. Optics.

If you view this recruitment as potentially involving benefits, and I always have, it changes your perspective on why certain decisions have been made. It's called window dressing.

If he picks Vandy, to me, it confirms all my theories.

If he picks IU, my theories could still be correct. Matched offer.

57 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Also, "Our team is spectacular. They know when to get blocked and when not to get blocked and when our team needs it. It's no question our players feed off not getting blocked and play with much more energy. Anyone need another juice box?"

Sure seems that way to me.

Beyond that, here is 1 Reason to consider why he might be waiting on making his decision and "stringing IU along".... Its good for optics. It makes Indiana fans THINK he strongly considered them and that at the end of the day he picked the school best for him. Versus whatever it is that Vanderbilt is offering. It makes the whole recruitment look way less shady, and makes it look like he was just dotting his I's and crossing his T's. Optics.

If you view this recruitment as potentially involving benefits, and I always have, it changes your perspective on why certain decisions have been made. It's called window dressing.

If he picks Vandy, to me, it confirms all my theories.

If he picks IU, my theories could still be correct. Matched offer.

Remember, it's always been a "business decision". Lol. Good fitting pun!

1 minute ago, goonaha said:

You have an interesting theory on brand building. Generally building a fan base up and then tearing them down at the end is not a net positive towards the "brand". 

Maybe brand building isn’t the best way to describe it. My point is that Romeo is getting way more hype which keeps his name buzzing around the Nation helped by crazy Indiana fans like ourselves.  If he committed out of state, IU fans and local IU media wouldn’t be staying around 2hrs after a high school game to see him.