Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I honestly wonder who will get canned first, Cal or Drew.  With Cal's recruiting dropping off it looks like UK will suck next year too.  I know he has like 5 FFs and a banner but they don't mess around down there.  Fred Glass is not running the UK athletic department.  
There going let drew coach his boy garland next year. If he can win 17 or 18 games it probably buys him another year. Cal could go first but no question drew won't last long.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You mean in basketball? 

Basketball and football.  The only sports that matter in college athletics. I think the football and men's basketball teams bring in like 95% of an athletic departments total revenue on average.  Again, the only sports that matter.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Basketball and football.  The only sports that matter in college athletics. I think the football and men's basketball teams bring in like 95% of an athletic departments total revenue on average.  Again, the only sports that matter.

Hmm... the football team has been solid the last 4 years... 

Remember, it's Indiana football.

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Just look at all of the schools, including our bitter rival, that had their football team play in a bowl game and will see their men’s basketball team play in the NCAA tournament. IU will do neither. Glass has been at IU for nine years. It is unacceptable for this to be the current state of affairs.

I don’t care about soccer, baseball, or swimming and diving. Those sports don’t matter. For a school like IU to miss the NCAA tournament in six of the last ten seasons is a joke and sign of piss poor management. How do you screw up IU basketball?

Not sure.. ask Bob Knight, Mike Davis, and Kelvin Sampson. 

8 minutes ago, KYHoosier said:

While Billy D would have obviously been a big name hire, I don't think you can say FG choked by not hiring him. First of all, we don't even know Donovan's true interest in the job at the time. Also, it's VERY possible FG hired an absolute star in Archie. Archie, assuming all goes well--and it's hard to envision a scenario where it wouldn't, could be the coach here for 30 plus years. He's young, hungry, and if his recruiting takes off and he keeps producing results like he is with this year's untalented group he will be special. Archie is coming at the absolute perfect time IMO. The majority  of coaches at the other blue blood programs are well on the back end of their careers (Coach K, Calipari, Roy Williams, even throw Izzo in there with the mess he has on his hands), and IU just hired a guy that could lead their program for the next 30 years. Archie could seize this opportunity and bring IUBB to crazy heights while these other programs are looking for new coaches to replace their retired legendary coaches. In Archie I trust lol. 

I think Archie will be great long term.  However, it was Fred who held that press conference right after Crean was fired said he expected the next coach to win not 6, not 7, etc blah blah blah.

Was asked about Stevens and Donovan and their seasons not potentially ending for another 2 months and what impact that would have.  Then said those were just details and he'd get who he wanted, etc.  He was the one who blew all that nonsense out his @$$ right before he hired a guy from Dayton.  It's not surprising that a lot of the fan base was underwhelmed.