Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

He'll have trouble with Floyd Central. Their length and scheme really make it hard on Romeo. Interested to see what he does in a re-match.

Agree.. but... this game will be at New Albany North.... not FC. That matters. 

43 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Why? You said he's going to vandy so what does it matter either way

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm sure he is.  But he's a good kid and I want to make sure that he knows he's been sold a bill of goods.  Vandy is a crap program with a crap coach.

36 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

It matters but Floyd will take a lot of fans this year. A lot more hype. It will be a tough game though. I doubt Romeo will want to go home.

The draw will be interesting. Jeff will be a tough out as well. 

I'm sure he is.  But he's a good kid and I want to make sure that he knows he's been sold a bill of goods.  Vandy is a crap program with a crap coach.
We know he has been. But it is what it is.

Damezi will make an impact. Every one of those guys will make an impact. I trust in Archie as a coach to get the best out of them. Those kids are winners too. They know what it takes. I’m completely comfortable with those guys contributing next season

Based on need alone this class will make immediate impact.Lots of playing time available.More playing time usually translates to more confidence or at least that was my experience.
Rankings are important but if a kid comes here and plays 20 minutes or more a game he could surpass the player going to say, Duke and getting 10.The gap in talent isnt that great to begin with.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

This is a business decision per Tim Langford. Romeo’s brand in the state of Indiana is at an all time high. He’s creating a story as the next great Hoosier to grace basketball locally and it will only continue to spread nationally. His name will be bandied about with other Hoosier greats leading up to the commitment. If he goes to Indiana, the story is cemented and becomes the focus of the entire season, and his brand sky rockets. If he goes to Vandy, he starts a completely new story, and his current brand is completely lost. He has the chance to make a new college Big 3 brand as part of one of the best recruiting classes ever, but it’s a complete reset. If I’m running a business, I stick with the brand that has a massive following and has all of the momentum. Romeo to Indiana.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Great post.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

This is a business decision per Tim Langford. Romeo’s brand in the state of Indiana is at an all time high. He’s creating a story as the next great Hoosier to grace basketball locally and it will only continue to spread nationally. His name will be bandied about with other Hoosier greats leading up to the commitment. If he goes to Indiana, the story is cemented and becomes the focus of the entire season, and his brand sky rockets. If he goes to Vandy, he starts a completely new story, and his current brand is completely lost. He has the chance to make a new college Big 3 brand as part of one of the best recruiting classes ever, but it’s a complete reset. If I’m running a business, I stick with the brand that has a massive following and has all of the momentum. Romeo to Indiana.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners
Let's hope so but hard to know what to believe anymore. DM is holding 100% firm with Romeo to vandy. He has never wavered and that's concerning.

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

Let's hope so but hard to know what to believe anymore. DM is holding 100% firm with Romeo to vandy. He has never wavered and that's concerning.

Not sure why that would be concerning. He doesn't know anything more about Romeo's recruitment than the rest of us. It's 100% speculation. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not sure why that would be concerning. He doesn't know anything more about Romeo's recruitment than the rest of us. It's 100% speculation. 

Believe he's being sarcastic. 

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Believe he's being sarcastic. 

Bailey is being sarcastic. DM, on the other hand , has a track record of making wild predictions, full of hyperbole and sticking with them until the bitter end on numerous other sites. He seemingly intends for those predictions to be taken seriously but given that he has rarely , if ever, been correct I wouldn't taken them too seriously. 

16 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Bailey is being sarcastic. DM, on the other hand , has a track record of making wild predictions, full of hyperbole and sticking with them until the bitter end on numerous other sites. He seemingly intends for those predictions to be taken seriously but given that he has rarely , if ever, been correct I wouldn't taken them too seriously. 

I know