Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

I saw on another site that there's a rumor on Peegs saying Romeo is going to announce on ESPN on Friday and him being at the game was to inform Archie of his decision. ...not sure whether there's truth, just sharing. 

I would say if he is planning on committing Friday then today may have been a visit to make sure he was 100% sold on IU. I don't see him telling anyone of his decision this far in advance as tight lipped as his family has been. I'm thinking it is but is this the only game for the three schools that he has attended so far? 

34 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

Let's just hope the Vandy train wreck this season makes it a "victory lap" :)  In all honesty we do have some great young talent coming in that hopefully is appealing to Romeo.  Our luck HAS to change eventually.  

As a whole I would take the talent we have coming in over what Vandy has coming in. 

Vandy has the flashy pieces with two top 10 recruits, while we have five 4 stars (including Race). However, Shittu just messed up his knee and has already stated that he plans on being a one and done. He's going to want his share of the spotlight. Same with Garland. If Romeo comes here he will have quality teammates but he will be the clear cut #1 guy.   

I see it coming down to us or Kansas, and I give Kansas the slight advantage. Either way I hope the rumor is true so we get an answer one way or another. 

I saw on another site that there's a rumor on Peegs saying Romeo is going to announce on ESPN on Friday and him being at the game was to inform Archie of his decision. ...not sure whether there's truth, just sharing. 
Who made the rumor?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

As a whole I would take the talent we have coming in over what Vandy has coming in. 
Vandy has the flashy pieces with two top 10 recruits, while we have five 4 stars (including Race). However, Shittu just messed up his knee and has already stated that he plans on being a one and done. He's going to want his share of the spotlight. Same with Garland. If Romeo comes here he will have quality teammates but he will be the clear cut #1 guy.   
I see it coming down to us or Kansas, and I give Kansas the slight advantage. Either way I hope the rumor is true so we get an answer one way or another. 
Vandy offers nothing other then a half filled gym accepts when Kentucky comes to town.

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

Who made the rumor?

That i do not know. On the Hoosier Sports Nation site someone mentioned there being a rumor on Peegs going around. I myself haven't looked at the Peegs site. 

That i do not know. On the Hoosier Sports Nation site someone mentioned there being a rumor on Peegs going around. I myself haven't looked at the Peegs site. 
Be great if true. I missed the game today due to kids game but looks like we killed it. Great game for him to see as vandy continues to stink it up.

Just now, Bailey7878 said:

Be great if true. I missed the game today due to kids game but looks like we killed it. Great game for him to see as vandy continues to stink it up.

Yep that's what i was thinking. It seemed to be a perfect game for Romeo to see with his own eyes that he's gonna have the coaching and pieces around him to be really good, and just need that elite scorer such as himself to make it all work and put us over the top. I believe Robert Phinisee was there at the game as well, so I'm hoping he talked with him about how great they could be if he committed here. People say that Romeo is holding off so he can see how his top 3 schools end up doing, but I actually look at the other side of it as well and think that maybe he could be looking at how our 2018 commits are doing at their high schools so he can see how good the players will be that he will be playing with at IU....and if THAT is the case, then there should be plenty for him to like with the recruits we have coming in next year, because our recruits are having excellent seasons. 

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Definitely could be the dreaded courtesy visit to inform Miller of his decision or it could be the victory lap. if he announces Friday as is being forecasted today makes sense for one or the other. Seems we might find out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hard for me to believe Romeo would make the dreaded courtesy visit on an actual game day and then stick around for the game with Robert Phinisee.  And, if there's actual fire behind the smoky rumors about a Friday announcement, my optimism level increased that Archie pulled it off.  I just don't see Romeo announcing anywhere but IU before his high school season ends.  Too much fan venom to face for the remainder of his season to go elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Correct me if I am wrong but when Romeo did his official and he took his promo pics in an IU uniform he took them with Garland. 

Could he possibly have taken the visit to get solo pics taken?

Yes I'm sure he came all the way up to Bloomington just to get solo pics. 

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Yes I'm sure he came all the way up to Bloomington just to get solo pics. 

It's Possible or he told Archie his decision and Archie invited him to spend some time with the team and his future PG and to also get the pics taken. 

Because Archie understands the value of a 5 star tweeting a pic of himself in an IU uniform. 

I thought there were solo pics of Romeo at the center court wall already, in addition to the pics with Darius. I may be wrong. 

Glad to see this place is revving back up on rumors! I mean it. This place is more fun when we're all losing it.

Glad Romeo saw a win. Glad he heard the crowd chant his name. Glad he watched the William Tell. AH is a great place.

I'm going to need a little more to go on before I get excited. I'd be more likely to believe Romeo will show up in Nashville/Kansas next for a game. Who knows. We'll see if the CB starts moving this week. 

I thought there were solo pics of Romeo at the center court wall already, in addition to the pics with Darius. I may be wrong. 
Glad to see this place is revving back up on rumors! I mean it. This place is more fun when we're all losing it.
Glad Romeo saw a win. Glad he heard the crowd chant his name. Glad he watched the William Tell. AH is a great place.
I'm going to need a little more to go on before I get excited. I'd be more likely to believe Romeo will show up in Nashville/Kansas next for a game. Who knows. We'll see if the CB starts moving this week. 

There were already pics from HH.
Great post Strom; 100% agree.
If he announces this week, that’s a different animal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just my opinion but in earlier interviews he said he was going to make it to some games at IU and Vandy since they are close but wasn’t sure if he would make it to a Kansas game. Glad he made it to a game. I just won’t be surprised if in a couple weeks he shows up in Nashville for a game. I believe him showing up for a game shows there is definitely still interest on his part they IU is a legitimate option. Buckle up twist and turns ahead. The joy of recruiting. Since Zion is set to announce on the Jan 20th I see no chance Romeo would announce the day before on the 19th. When Zion announces Romeo will be top 2018 kid left to announce. In my opinion Romeo will announce at the McDonald’s All-American game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners