Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

40 minutes ago, dallas44~ said:

Anybody else think it’s us or Kansas? This vandy team loses a lot of seniors

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nope. I say that U of L throws insane money at whomever the hottest name on the market is after the season. Said name proclaims the dawning of a new era of Louisville basketball that will be absolutely pristine in every imaginable way. He will then sell the Langford's on Romeo being the face of the new era. And the Langford's, who pretty obviously wanted their kid there from the jump, bite on it immediately, use that argument as the rationale for keeping Romeo as close to home as possible, and in a whirlwind courtship, he commits to Louisville.

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

Nope. I say that U of L throws insane money at whomever the hottest name on the market is after the season. Said name proclaims the dawning of a new era of Louisville basketball that will be absolutely pristine in every imaginable way. He will then sell the Langford's on Romeo being the face of the new era. And the Langford's, who pretty obviously wanted their kid there from the jump, bite on it immediately, use that argument as the rationale for keeping Romeo as close to home as possible, and in a whirlwind courtship, he commits to Louisville.

I already called that one lol

23 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I already called that one lol

I'm with you. That's absolutely what I think happens. I'll be thrilled if he ends up in Bloomington, but every time he talks about his finalists he looks like somebody s**t in his cereal.

Because schools like Louisville aren't afraid to spend the insane amount of money to get a Billy Donovan type of coach. I think your right that he goes to Louisville but at least it's it anchors down.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Can we eliminate the Billy Donovan = Romeo Langford talk by throwing out the obvious Romeo will have committed and signed before Donovan is done with the playoffs? I mean I would hope in spite of eternal optimism common sense would take over. RL is NOT going to UL. That option is no longer an option for the family. He kind of already said so.

He’s not going to Louisville. He eliminates them in the fall and then magically chooses them in the spring. That’s an investigation waiting to happen. Another Brian Bowen situation

Not even just that. They have to answer for the mess that Jerich left. The alums want a clean program. There will be pressure from board members like Papa John after his own issues to have a clean program that isn’t creating ripples for the time being. It will be a very different UL on the next hire.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Can we eliminate the Billy Donovan = Romeo Langford talk by throwing out the obvious Romeo will have committed and signed before Donovan is done with the playoffs? I mean I would hope in spite of eternal optimism common sense would take over. RL is NOT going to UL. That option is no longer an option for the family. He kind of already said so.

Billy won't go to Louisville. That was the speculation when we all assumed Pitino would retire from UofL beloved by the fan base. Since BD and Pitino are tight, Donovan taking the torch from mentor Rick was the assumption. Not the case. It was a nasty divorce that isn't over. The Donovan to Louisville connection no longer exists. 

As far as Romeo to UofL. It is my understanding that the Langfords understand the optics of the Louisville situation. Hookers. Bribes. FBI. Why get embroiled in that? They won't.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

I'm with you. That's absolutely what I think happens. I'll be thrilled if he ends up in Bloomington, but every time he talks about his finalists he looks like somebody s**t in his cereal.

Could you point me to where you've ever seen him smile? How about smiling when asked about Louisville?

Why are we talking about schools continuously who have been cut from his list. My god name another big time recruit that just randomly picked a team not in his top 3

It's just a theory but we will stop.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk