Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just gonna throw this out there:

Right now we only have three guards on next year's roster (Durham, Green, and Phinisee).

Romeo would be guard #4. If not Romeo, shouldn't we have been hearing about IU interest in recruiting another 2018 guard by now?

I thought Hunter and Anderson were going to be developed as guards.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Right now we only have three guards on next year's roster (Durham, Green, and Phinisee).

Romeo would be guard #4. If not Romeo, shouldn't we have been hearing about IU interest in recruiting another 2018 guard by now?

If we don't get Romeo then I fully expect our last 2 scholarships to go to grad transfers for next year. So I'm not surprised they haven't offered anyone else. 

Perceptive thought there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

49 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

If we don't get Romeo then I fully expect our last 2 scholarships to go to grad transfers for next year. So I'm not surprised they haven't offered anyone else. 

Thats what I’m thinking too. Will be interesting to see how the staff approaches this off-season as far as recruiting goes.

Interesting update from Bossi. He must have heard something this weekend.

According to Eric Bossi

Vanderbilt head coach Bryce Drew was on hand with an assistant and it seems the Commodores and Kansas are starting to open up some distance between themselves and Langford's other finalist, Indiana. There's always time for things to change and even though Langford says he doesn't feel pressure to stay home, he has to be feeling it some. But, it looks like Archie Miller may have landed the IU job a little too late to keep Langford home.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

We are looking at a three or four year rebuild without Romeo. Blame Fred Glass for keeping Crean too long. He killed us with instate recruits.

Once again, we were listed as a courtesy.

Agree, but the Crean situation got complicated when he won the B1G is 15-16. The real mistake was not making the move after the 13-14 season but don't recall what the candidate situation would have been like. Not making an all-out blitz for Stevens at any time is difficult to swallow.

However, we shouldn't make mountains out of molehills. We have a very solid foundation for the next several years and can make a big splash with the '19 class to get this thing rolling.

26 minutes ago, Hoosierfan0302 said:

Interesting update from Bossi. He must have heard something this weekend.

According to Eric Bossi

Vanderbilt head coach Bryce Drew was on hand with an assistant and it seems the Commodores and Kansas are starting to open up some distance between themselves and Langford's other finalist, Indiana. There's always time for things to change and even though Langford says he doesn't feel pressure to stay home, he has to be feeling it some. But, it looks like Archie Miller may have landed the IU job a little too late to keep Langford home.

I don't really think that he heard anything new. If you read his previous article that had snippets from Romeo's interview, Romeo said that he wasn't feeling pressure to stay in Indiana. That could mean a variety of things, including maybe Archie is truly letting Romeo make a decision on his own and not pressuring him to stay. To me, if Archie's recruiting pitch was based on you got to stay in-state, that would be a put-off. If I was a Top-10 recruit, I would be wanting to hear more of, how are you going to utilize me, getting to the tournament, show casing my talent for the next level, and so on.

There wasn't really anything else that came from the interview besides the fact that Romeo and Grimes are friends and obviously Garland as well. There really wasn't anything in the interview that clearly establishes Vandy and Kansas distancing themselves. Romeo even applauded CAM on his game plan against Duke as something that really stuck out to him being a great coach. To me this is just another hit piece to get attention in a recruiting battle that has already set a period in which a decision will be made. Again will we get him, IDK, but I wouldn't hang my hat on anything until Romeo makes a decision. Just my two cents!

Romeo is only for one year guys. A new staff has to try to hold everything together the first year. This roster could look very different next year with or without Romeo. I dont think this staff will necessarily wait for these Crean recruits to cycle out.

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Romeo is only for one year guys. A new staff has to try to hold everything together the first year. This roster could look very different next year with or without Romeo. I dont think this staff will necessarily wait for these Crean recruits to cycle out.

Really, who of Crean's recruits will be left to cycle out? Morgan, Davis, and Green sure aren't going to be forced out. I wouldn't count the current freshmen as Crean's recruits, since CAM brought them all back.

The roster will definitely look different next year, but that is because there are 5 seniors plus the open scholarship from CJ.

9 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Really, who of Crean's recruits will be left to cycle out? Morgan, Davis, and Green sure aren't going to be forced out. I wouldn't count the current freshmen as Crean's recruits, since CAM brought them all back.

The roster will definitely look different next year, but that is because there are 5 seniors plus the open scholarship from CJ.

I wondered the same thing. More defections are certainly possible, especially with a disappointing record, but as of now we're only looking at 11 scholarship players for next year already. There isn't anyone I'd like to see go. 

I don’t know what to believe anymore. You’ve got what Eric Bossi says, but then you also have what Coach SS said on Peegs where he sounds confident it’s Indiana, you’ve got what the New Albany coach told me saying he thinks it’s Indiana and you’ve got the fact that the Indiana coaching staff is confident it’s Indiana as well.

I will say this will be the first big recruit that wasn’t set in stone that he’s coming here but I felt like he was from what I was hearing but was wrong.

I will say this will be the first big recruit that wasn’t set in stone that he’s coming here but I felt like he was from what I was hearing but was wrong.

What does this mean?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

48 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I agree. It would not shock me if a couple other players transfer out after the season. I'm not getting into the guessing game, but it just wouldn't surprise me. If it happens then the interesting piece will be how Archie fills the slots in terms of talent and class balance.