Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Sampson was hired in april. He had Eric Gordon signed in November. Why can't it be done ?Vandy has not been on romeo any longer then we have. You don't need a year to convince an in state kid to stay home. If that was the case why did we already get two instate kids? It must certainly can be done.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Actually vandys new staff has been on Romeo for a little over a year longer than our new staff. I never said it couldn’t be done just for me and I can only speak for me I’m giving him more time. A little easier to convince 2 borderline top 100 in-state kids with your vision then it would be to convince a top 5 player in my opinion. Again this is my opinion which is different then yours. I’m not trying to get you to agree with me but just know that there are different views on the subject. No answer is right

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You got it and it's a big deal. I think Eric Gordon was the last one. He is a 100% must get.

This is one of the biggest reasons why Crean was fired. I am far from an Archie apologist but the reason we are so far behind on Romeo is Creans fault and he paid the price.

You cite as an critical example of Archie how Kelvin got Gordon to flip in a short amount of time. How did that work out for us? You really want to follow that example?

Is a must get recruit one where you have to risk so much that your program is in shambles months after that kid commits?

This is one of the biggest reasons why Crean was fired. I am far from an Archie apologist but the reason we are so far behind on Romeo is Creans fault and he paid the price.

You cite as an critical example of Archie how Kelvin got Gordon to flip in a short amount of time. How did that work out for us? You really want to follow that example?

Is a must get recruit one where you have to risk so much that your program is in shambles months after that kid commits?

I figured you'd bring that up. Nothing about Eric Gordon was shady. It worked out fine. It's the other suspect players he recruited. Not Gordon. Gordon was a good student.

How did Eric Gordon put us in shambles? What was so shady about him?

How did Eric Gordon put us in shambles? What was so shady about him?

I have no idea if his recruitment was clean or not but the guy you cite as one who can build a quick relationship wrecked the program.

Why keep whining about Romeo? We fell far behind in his recruitment and as a result we fired the coach. Archie is playing catch and doing OK. Will he get him, I have no idea but losing him is more on Crean than on Archie.

I just don't get why you keep this up? Do you want to get rid of Archie if he misses on Romeo?

I have no idea if his recruitment was clean or not but the guy you cite as one who can build a quick relationship wrecked the program.

Why keep whining about Romeo? We fell far behind in his recruitment and as a result we fired the coach. Archie is playing catch and doing OK. Will he get him, I have no idea but losing him is more on Crean than on Archie.

I just don't get why you keep this up? Do you want to get rid of Archie if he misses on Romeo?

I'm not going to blame Archie. I still think he is a must get if we don't want a 3 year rebuild. That's all.

Some of you need to go to the 2018 recruiting board and read the first couple pages. We need some perspective here. I guarantee that if you went back to May and told us that we would have a class of Phinisee, Race, Damezi, Hunter, and Forrester; plus being in the top three for Romeo we would all be thrilled.

We’re still in it for Romeo and nothing is decided.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Darn you and your logical post

1 hour ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Some of you need to go to the 2018 recruiting board and read the first couple pages. We need some perspective here. I guarantee that if you went back to May and told us that we would have a class of Phinisee, Race, Damezi, Hunter, and Forrester; plus being in the top three for Romeo we would all be thrilled.

But he's committed to Vandy..... and Kansas....... and I even heard a rumor from a very good source that he was going to go to Ivy Tech and not even play college basketball. 

Stop making sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Crazy how everyone thinks he will choose the one Nike school in his top 3 when it was always thought he would definitely go to an Adidas school. Guess the 2 top 5 guys are reason for that, but why Vandy over Kansas if anything? If he wants to be the guy, he will be a Hoosier.

For anybody wanting to watch Romeo vs. Floyd Central, there will be a live stream on the IHSSA website. People were waiting at the door yesterday after school at 2:30 to get in line for the 6:00 ticket sales. Hopefully it will be an entertaining one for anyone to watch.

I'm going down to Southport this weekend to get a first hand look at this kid. Excited to see the other commits as well. 

Fun fact. Romeo is 0-2 in this event. You won’t be disappointed. This event is a great day of high school basketball

I'm going down to Southport this weekend to get a first hand look at this kid. Excited to see the other commits as well. 

My brother and I heading up to see the same.
Recording the Louisville game and hoping against all hope we dont know the score before we get back.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Sampson was hired in april. He had Eric Gordon signed in November. Why can't it be done ?Vandy has not been on romeo any longer then we have. You don't need a year to convince an in state kid to stay home. If that was the case why did we already get two instate kids? It must certainly can be done.

$ampson did get Gordon that is true.