Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

4 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Did you run through all the hoops to get it by mail or did you pick it up locally?

A co-worker jumped through all the hoops to get it by mail.

Another crystal ball pick for Vandy on Romeo the insider at Vandy has great info on recruiting Meyer on board too.
I guess we might as well give up then. I will let Archie know he's wasting his time. Vandy is clearly the new Kentucky of recruiting. You simply cannot stop drew. He is a machine.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I guess we might as well give up then. I will let Archie know he's wasting his time. Vandy is clearly the new Kentucky of recruiting. You simply cannot stop drew. He is a machine.

IF Vandy pulls this off, with Garland, Romeo, and Shittu, it really will be one of the most remarkable recruiting accomplishments of all time.

The type that will eventually lead to some sanctions.

I'm going to be fully honest here. Louisville was considered the frontrunners for Langford. Now Kansas is in the final 3. 2 of the dirtiest recruiting programs of all time.

The fact that Vandy somehow ever led for Shittu or still leads for Shittu is remarkably questionable.

Pardon me, but this recruitment raises red flags.

(All that said, I want Romeo. Until the playing field gets leveled you have to play the game. Let agents or Adidas or whoever take care of the Langfords and IU do the same thing Duke or UK or any other major program is doing).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

IF Vandy pulls this off, with Garland, Romeo, and Shittu, it really will be one of the most remarkable recruiting accomplishments of all time.

The type that will eventually lead to some sanctions.

I'm going to be fully honest here. Louisville was considered the frontrunners for Langford. Now Kansas is in the final 3. 2 of the dirtiest recruiting programs of all time.

The fact that Vandy somehow ever led for Shittu or still leads for Shittu is remarkably questionable.

Pardon me, but this recruitment raises red flags.

(All that said, I want Romeo. Until the playing field gets leveled you have to play the game. Let agents or Adidas or whoever take care of the Langfords and IU do the same thing Duke or UK or any other major program is doing).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
That's what I was saying the other day. As I stated it would be the greatest recruiting haul of all time for a non bball school to come out of nowhere to land 3 top 10 recruits. It's never been done before. Ever. If that wouldn't raise a red flag don't know what would. Never understood the shittu connection or how they lead or are leading. It all seems odd to me.

That's what I was saying the other day. As I stated it would be the greatest recruiting haul of all time for a non bball school to come out of nowhere to land 3 top 10 recruits. It's never been done before. Ever. If that wouldn't raise a red flag don't know what would. Never understood the shittu connection or how they lead or are leading. It all seems odd to me.

They lead because the FBI decided to get involved and busted Arizona. Arizona was probably the leader before all that went down. From his top 10 Shittu scheduled 3 visits. He went to Vandy and then cancelled Arizona and never set up one for North Carolina. In my opinion if he was a vandy lock he would of signed early especially knowing Garland signed but that wasn’t the case. To me he is a kid that knows he has 4 visits he can take in the spring and knows schools will be calling. He might end up at vandy but I think he goes to Oregon or Kentucky. Just my opinion from following his recruitment. Romeo is going to go to the school that will best prepare him for the NBA. 2 of his final 3 give him the best facilities for that and 1 doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They lead because the FBI decided to get involved and busted Arizona. Arizona was probably the leader before all that went down. From his top 10 Shittu scheduled 3 visits. He went to Vandy and then cancelled Arizona and never set up one for North Carolina. In my opinion if he was a vandy lock he would of signed early especially knowing Garland signed but that wasn’t the case. To me he is a kid that knows he has 4 visits he can take in the spring and knows schools will be calling. He might end up at vandy but I think he goes to Oregon or Kentucky. Just my opinion from following his recruitment. Romeo is going to go to the school that will best prepare him for the NBA. 2 of his final 3 give him the best facilities for that and 1 doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Arizona was the leader on have the top 15 players. Now we know why. I don't see shittu ending up at vandy. He will have way better options.

21 hours ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Really don’t see Romeo commiting to IU. They aren’t anywhere near Kansas’s level.. And Vandy is going to end up with commitments from Garland and Shittu. Forming a ‘Big 3’ has to be appealing. Either of those two situations beats what Indiana has going on right now. Can’t help but feel like IU is just a sentimental finalist.

Romeo wants to compete for a title, but if playing with talent was his main concern, Duke and UK would have hung around longer. Romeo will watch teams this year but it was pretty much in bold when asked if THIS years rosters and records will matter much. His response was a team that can give him a chance and what team will showcase him to be a top pick in the draft. His family is smart and knows the game better than most and probably all of us. They know how different teams look year to year. That is why even if we miss the tourney I wanna see progress. If we show enough we will definitely be more than a sentimental pick for his top 3. Right now word is the Grimes commit doesn't bother him and would welcome playing alongside him but will there be enough touches to go around is a question they are asking themselves more and likely. KU will be LOADED next year. 

Concerned with Garland and Vandy connection more than anything, but those 2 still won't be enough to compete for a titlel as good as they are. Maybe if Shittu goes there but as others have said it is a whole new ball game. Every insider not just Dukes has Shittu going there and for the last month actually 2 I believe there has been no serious threat for even a visit. Unless he signed before the deadline and no one has mentioned yet, he will take other visits.