Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Fans losing their minds over recruits doesn't help anything and nothing anyone says here can have any positive effect.  We all hope Langford chooses Indiana.  If he does; wonderful.  But I do hope some folks realize their obsessions and negativity can be harmful.  Recruiting is a huge issue and I completely get it.  But damn....some of the panic I see around the various forums is downright scary.

I tolerate most posts on here, allowing each to have his/her opinion. And it's not that I don't tolerate the above post. I have my share of knee jerk reactions. But if in this particular situation second place is indeed for losers, what is your definition of first place? If landing 4 top 100 guys + 2 top ten guys for CAMs first high major recruiting class after 8 months on the job was the expectation, I disagree. That'd be incredible, but shouldn't be expected. Not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
My point is there is no consolation price and pat on the back for coming in 2nd in recruiting. You either win or lose with the recruit and losing Romeo would be a blow imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

To each his own and I respect your opinion. I was feeling disappointed yesterday afternoon as well. I'm as competitive as the next guy/athlete/fan, but there are some situations where there actually is a consolation prize and it can even be ok to accept it. All you have to do is imagine there hadn't been a coaching change. After nearly a decade of FCTC I think we can all accurately surmise what the outlook for 2018 recruiting might be right now and I don't think we'd be looking at so much potential. And we wouldn't see a team picking apart a half court zone. Or *gasp* in game adjustments.

Losing out on Garland yesterday and knowing the possible effect it could have on Romeo was a shot to the pills. However, we're only in position to feel that way because there is already great work being done presently and so much potential in the not so far away future of Indiana Basketball.

Chin up, Hoosier fans. We're already well on our way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think Garland was ever going to happen. Phinisee is where we went and probably had a great feel for how DG was going to end at the time.

Romeo is a different story. We still have a great chance, imo.

Why else are we saving that final scholarship??? Wink wink

To each his own and I respect your opinion. I was feeling disappointed yesterday afternoon as well. I'm as competitive as the next guy/athlete/fan, but there are some situations where there actually is a consolation prize and it can even be ok to accept it. All you have to do is imagine there hadn't been a coaching change. After nearly a decade of FCTC I think we can all accurately surmise what the outlook for 2018 recruiting might be right now and I don't think we'd be looking at so much potential. And we wouldn't see a team picking apart a half court zone. Or *gasp* in game adjustments.

Losing out on Garland yesterday and knowing the possible effect it could have on Romeo was a shot to the pills. However, we're only in position to feel that way because there is already great work being done presently and so much potential in the not so far away future of Indiana Basketball.

Chin up, Hoosier fans. We're already well on our way.

I could deal with Romeo going to Kansas. Losing him to vandy would be a tough pill to swallow.

I don't think Garland was ever going to happen. Phinisee is where we went and probably had a great feel for how DG was going to end at the time.

Romeo is a different story. We still have a great chance, imo.

Why else are we saving that final scholarship??? Wink wink

I did not used to think garland was ever coming to iu but I bought into the message board rumors and changed my mind. I guess I should know better.

I could deal with Romeo going to Kansas. Losing him to vandy would be a tough pill to swallow.

Earlier you said 2nd place was for losers and now you say you could deal with Romeo going to Kansas. I’m confused

Earlier you said 2nd place was for losers and now you say you could deal with Romeo going to Kansas. I’m confused

It would be no consolation price for me. But I would not be as bummed if it was Kansas as opposed to vandy. Now your unconfused.

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

It would be no consolation price for me. But I would not be as bummed if it was Kansas as opposed to vandy. Now your unconfused.

This actually has me more confused. Did you mean prize? And does USPS own the confusion, or did you mean you're? And what scenario is for losers?

4 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Hey let’s just keep being assholes to one another. Seems to be working out fine.

When you make some of the absurd statements that  folks make on here, you get what's coming to you!